test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Infernal Secrets and Bel

deanski07deanski07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 94 Arc User
I am seeing a pattern developing very quickly that is going to be a problem.As more people are getting their rods in Insurgencies,less and less people are going into them,as a result it is taking longer and longer to spawn Bel,which means it is taking more time to collect Infernal Secrets in order to buy the last rank box for a rare chance at a dented metal rod.Soon its going to take forever to spawn Bel unless people start going to the insurgencies just to spawn him....unless you guys change things,like more Infernal Secrets per kill,or another way to earn them.On the side,i have soloed Bel like 50 times,does he never drop rings? Or am i being punished for going solo?

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I'm sure as time goes on, they will decrease the number of insurgencies needed to get Bel to spawn. As far as Bel rings go, I find that I get them about once a week, but from what I understand the rings aren't that great anyways, so no real loss in not getting them.
  • Options
    ratchatcharatchatcha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    Insurgencies should drop a limited time key used to get rewards from Bel.
    This will solve the problem of less and less people doing insugencies.
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I think the good old "Herald-Tiamat" system was good. During X minutes insurencies, then X minutes of Bel, and finally X minutes of break, then repeat.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I think the system should auto-adapt to this, is not hard to code a system that adapts to the last set of insurgencies.
    They could have a "desired" time they want insurgencies to last, and if they take more time, the next set, could fill the bar faster, and if the insurgencies take less time, the next set could fill the bar slower.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    jakeriversjakerivers Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    It is a crazy long wait for those insurgencies to finish and bell to spawn.

With the limit of how much you can farm secrets and the wait time for Bel to spawn, and the crazy amount of possible drops from the box making the rod as hard to get as a legendary mount they should just decrease the cost of these box's from 15 secrets to 5 so we have more chances per day to get the rod, I would be fine spending up to 100k AD per day for the chances on opening these box's up.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    There have been other complaints about this,
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1256351/the-current-issues-with-the-rage-of-bel

and we have gotten a response.

Passing on this feedback to the rest of the team - the folks focused on Rage of Bel have been going over all the feedback since it launched and we've been working on making adjustments as needed. As out first episodic content, we are learning a lot as we go so we appreciate player patience while we continue to work on making this a positive experience.

So, this will get fixed....probably. Not going to comment on the "positive experience", because quite frankly the Rage of Bel has been anything but that.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    deanski07 said:

On the side,i have soloed Bel like 50 times,does he never drop rings? Or am i being punished for going solo?

I have gotten +1 and +2 rings from doing it solo ... +3 and +4 rings only in 5-man groups, (and ther is not a 1/week limit) Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. As for the +5 rings, I have a susupicion they might only drop in "hard mode", but that's not confirmed.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I got a +3 ring solo, so they can drop solo too.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I've heard someone got the +5 in a 3-person group. If the past experiences with NDEMO/EDEMO and tiers of IG are any guide, the drop rate of rings has nothing to do with the difficulty. DEMO had the same ring drop table in both modes and IG at launch seemingly had no correlation between the tier achieved and the quality of the loot.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I have gotten +1 rings to drop quite frequently, but have never seen a +2 or above. My problem is not with the, some would say garbage, ring, but with the final rods. First with the amount of time needed for Bal to spawn; I have seen 15 hours some days! Then there is the 1 hour time limit that if you miss it your are hooped. I have personally farmed Bal solo over 150 times now ;poor eyesight and fire rings make for a poor experience in a party, Although I have seen many rings I have yet to see the mythic rod. I don't mind a bit of a grind as can be attested by my 200+ insurgency runs, but come on, this is too much like a full time job and less of a "fun" game. If the final rod is as hard (costly) to get, I may just cut my losses and ignore anything coming out of Avernus from this point forward.
  • Options
    tradolftradolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User

It is a crazy long wait for those insurgencies to finish and bell to spawn.

With the limit of how much you can farm secrets and the wait time for Bel to spawn, and the crazy amount of possible drops from the box making the rod as hard to get as a legendary mount they should just decrease the cost of these box's from 15 secrets to 5 so we have more chances per day to get the rod, I would be fine spending up to 100k AD per day for the chances on opening these box's up.

I agree totally with reducing the Infernal Secrets cost down to 5, as I usually do Bel solo and it becomes tedious having to keep doing it so many times, to earn enough to open just one box. I wouldn't mind if I was not having to spend AD also, for the privilege. Better still, allow us to get the dented metal rod by some other means. I would willingly pay a small amount of Zen or Tarmalune bars for one.
  • Options
    These days I am able to fight Bel maybe every other day or so - the rest of the time, Bel availability just does not overlap with my playing times. (last time Bel was up was like 5:30 AM, when I was asleep, prior to that it was 4PM yesterday, when I was at work.

This has gone beyond silly....I am seriously considering taking a break from the game until late July, hoping this and some of the more serious issues with M19 will have been fixed by then. Why play something, if it is not fun and just frustrates you ?