test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizard Chill Mechanic tool-tips are consistently inconsistent with each other. [Quick fix!]

agonistes#1431 agonistes Member Posts: 78 Arc User
If you're looking for quick win in fixing this OCD-murdering tooltip mess then please consider rewording these abilities to make them all read the same. Also can you decide if you want mechanic abilities hightlighed in purple or not? Some are, some aren't. There seems to be no rhyme or reason why they are or are not purple text.

Icy Terrain: Adds a stack of Chill (This one is good)
Icy Rays: Adds a stack of chill (Corrected: Adds a stack of Chill)
Chill Strike: Adds a stack of Chill (This one is good)
Conduit of Ice: Adds a chill stack (Corrected: Adds a stack of Chill)
Ice Knife: Adds 3 stacks of chill (Corrected: Adds 3 stacks of Chill)
Ice Storm: Adds 1 stack of Chill (Corrected: Adds a stack of Chill)
Chilling Presence: each stack of Chill (This one is perfect, it even has purple text for Chill!)
Frost Wave: apply 3 stacks of Chill (Perfect)
Icy Veins: 1 stack of Chill (Corrected: a stack of Chill) [Fits all the others textually for consistency]
Chilling Advantage: each chill stack (Corrected: each stack of Chill)

Also please change all the Chill to have purple text, for consistency. Since it's referencing the class mechanic.

Comments

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Your point is valid, but I still have to laugh. =)
  • agonistes#1431 agonistes Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

Your point is valid, but I still have to laugh. =)

It bothers me so much. I've reporting so many spelling/grammar errors that still haven't been fixed. I might die.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    Can I say "chill"? :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Just chill, dude

(pun intended
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I want an "Add a stack of Netflix and Chill" and everyone stops fighting and watches cheesy fantasy films all night.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    ron#1747 said:

Just chill, dude

(pun intended

I probably shouldn't be playing a Thaumaturge Wizard because I have no chill, haha
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

I want an "Add a stack of Netflix and Chill" and everyone stops fighting and watches cheesy fantasy films all night.

Petition Netflix to carry the D&D cartoon from the 80s! (Unless you're like me and own the collectors edition box set)

In all seriousness, tooltip/spelling/typo errors are frequently de-prioritized because, while annoying, they don't impact the gameplay at the scale of things like world-breaking bugs or broken items or encounters. They are still ticketed internally for future fixes, though.

Petition Netflix to carry the D&D cartoon from the 80s! (Unless you're like me and own the collectors edition box set)

In all seriousness, tooltip/spelling/typo errors are frequently de-prioritized because, while annoying, they don't impact the gameplay at the scale of things like world-breaking bugs or broken items or encounters. They are still ticketed internally for future fixes, though.
    My OCD is going to explode. Thanks for the response though. Rage of Bel looks amazing, good job! :)