test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mounting/Dismounting Kills My Ioun Stone

ankhornankhorn Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited May 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
My Wizard has a Black Dragon Ioun Stone.

---When I mount (any mount), it vanishes and I must find and then click "Update Automatically" on the Companion Tab of my characters sheet for it to reappear. EVERY TIME.

Then I have the opposite problem:

---When I dismount, the Ioun Stone vanishes until I click "Update Automatically", again, on the Companion Tab.

Curiously, if I go back to whichever state I last "Updated Automatically" (either mounted or unmounted by pressing the #7 key) it reappears, but I expect it to be present in BOTH STATES. Every other companion remains summoned and visible all the time.

Thus, I can only have my Ioun stone visible half the time, unless I want to spent my game time constantly "Updating" it.

Note: The drop down, allowing me to choose which version of its appearance, works too, however, that is even more time consuming and interrupting to game flow.

To reproduce:

1. Wizard has Ioun Stone out and visible.

2. Press #7 Key to mount---Ioun Stone suddenly vanishes.

3. Go to Companion Tab--Hit Update Automatically checkbox and Ioun Stone now appears as it should.

4. Dismount -- Ioun Stone vanishes again.

5. Go to Companion Tab--Hit Update Automatically checkbox and Ioun Stone now appears as it should.

Rinse and repeat.

No other companion on any of my characters in Neverwinter demonstrates this weird, time consuming behavior. When it's summoned I should see it and mounting or dismounting should not effect its appearance or visibility.

It does not break the game itself but I doubt this is "as intended".

My wizard is extremely vain and he wants to see his Ioun Stone all the time when he has it summoned. =)

~Neverwinter Foooools!!!!
Tagged:

Comments