test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I need a dev to look into Ticket #158991 in arc support about my bugged main toon.

sunshine1#3679 sunshine1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
I sought help with arc support about passing my bugged toon problem to a dev but the help progress hit a dead end. I was eventually told to post the problem in the bug report forum. I really think it is easier for whoever looks into bug reports to access Ticket #158991 to get all the information.

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hello,

We do not have access to the support/ticketing system on the Cryptic side so we can't see the information you had provided. Could you please post the details on this thread? Thanks!
  • Options
    sunshine1#3679 sunshine1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Chat started: 2020-04-14 07:40 PM UTC

(07:40:05 PM) thefinger#4816: What are my chances that a dev member will REALLY look at my account and/or my main character and investigate why my main character's stats do not match the damage my main character should be doing? For years since I started playing neverwinter, I have been comparing the stats of my squad members to that of my own that do more damage that me. What concerns me is that so many characters with a lot lower offensive stats than mine (me = 150k power, 82k+ other offensive stats; others = 110k and lower power, 70k and lower stats) do more damage output that me.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chancellor Knuckles (Arc Games)

Apr 16, 13:59 PDT
    Hello thefinger#4816,

Based on the information you supplied it looks like the issue is the result of a bug and while I don't have a fix for you, I'll gather the details that you've given to me and pass them on for further investigation. Something else you may want to do is post about this issue on the official bug reports forum: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/categories/bug-reports-pc

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Regards,
    GM Chancellor Knuckles
    Senior Game Master
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,221 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    You basically did not tell anything. You need to post the full spec such as class, what kind of equipment, the power you use, boon, feat, your rotation, etc. Just because you have ton of spec, it does not mean you can do more damage. Do you use +damage equipment, etc? In addition, how do you measure damage? Paingivier chart? For that, whoever run ahead get more damage in general. This is hardly a bug (based on what you post so far). You need a "consultant".

And the "Senior Game Master" does not know the game if he said it looks like a bug based just on what you posted.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Not only what stats and powers you have, timing and how the skills are used is important. Someone who is mashing buttons firing any skills immediately that are ready is probably going to be out-dps-ed by someone who put more thought into how they sequence their powers.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you @thefinger#4816 - we would need additional information in order to make a determination. As others have pointed out, gear, specs, rotation, etc. all play a huge part. Do you have combat logs or results from testing out with a Dummy?