test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: nw.120.20200330c.9

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11424883

Comments

• routeshell#1467 routeshell Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    "Tales of Old

Dread Vault: Power-ups once again properly spawn."

So you're patching the tales of old bug (one of the bugs actually, but it doesn't matter now) right before the end of the event? Like it's going to be 1 hour before it ends after server maintenance. Why even bother?
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    "Dread Vault: Power-ups once again properly spawn."

Yep, this is pretty funny to see. Proudly mentioning a fix for an event dungeon - in the patch that ends the event.
    You know, I have no idea if there will ever be another retelling. And if there actually is... I would bet, this fix will not make it there. Like... for example the fix that switched off the ability to use artefacts after the cut-scenes.

Guys, really: Don't fix things for some unreliable future. Especially when it is impossible for the game files to retain those changes.
    Wasted effort - and bad PR.
  • k3bab5k3bab5 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    at least next time the events on we may be able to get the achievement for dread vault
  • indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    k3bab5 said:

at least next time the events on we may be able to get the achievement for dread vault

That is what you hope....
  • k3bab5k3bab5 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I like to think positive....

• emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    ROFL --we will still have like 2 hrs to finish Dread Vault B) . Ohh yeah and enjoy to be disconnected on the 5 run (happened to almost everyone at least 1x during the event) as it is really great to be thrown outside of the dungeon on reconnect and got 0 rewards! The best would be to finish 5 runs, talk to Nipsy and get disconnected stepping into the portal an getting BIG FAT 0 again! It is great fun. And then try it again and ,,,, ohh wait -- be sure that your 5th run starts close reset time so the dungeon will change on you in the middle of run and you will finish it as regular epic dungeon and you get a great 0 reward again!!!! It is such a FUN event ... not!!!

On a serious note I never seen so much frustration in any game, including this one, as I have seen last 2 weeks with Tales. WHY are we treated like this? Why nobody read the multiple post of frustrated messages, why nobody tested these dungeons and why you are putting salt into our wound partially fixing it the last day? We are your loyal customers... we deserve to be treated with working and fun contents!

(reposted from a different thread -- increase the 0% chance that this will be read by proper channel -- maybe :) )
  • sooty#4663 sooty Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I've never really got how your company handles a "patch" for this game. Please explain to me why the vast majority of your patches are what most other games would just hot fix on a 15 minute server reset, and implement actual changes on a patch that brings the servers down for hours. Most of your patches are fixing/adjusting 5 things or less, and most of those are very minor things to patch and most of those things could have been hot fixed. If I were a manager with your company, I'd be very suspect as to what the heck you all are doing with your time. "Oh, so this is what we've spent a week doing. Dozens of man hours for this? Okay. Okay. Can you explain to me why this is so hard for you? Do you need more resources to effectively do your job to exceed the customer expectations? Do you realize that by not exceeding the customer expectations, you're dooming the company you work for, and your future employment, by giving the player base (customer) all the reasons they need to find another game to play?"

Julia, I sincerely hope that Whiteside helps you to pull your heads outta...I truly hope for you that the devs and tech peeps start actually putting in some good work, because they're making you a huge target when you come onto the forums with some bs like this patch.

To the commenters on the dread ring fix for tales of old, I agree, it is a metaphorical slap in the face to your players to patch a fix for something that is scheduled to literally end hours after the fix...really makes ya wish you lived next door to the person who thought that'd be a good patch idea...take all their toilet paper and cover their house in it.
  • rapidstar#3272 rapidstar Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Can Black Ice warhorse get fixed please? It has been reported almost a year ago. Thanks
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Your patch is a big **** *** to players. Fixing an event (people have been complaining about it for more than half a year ) after the event is over is literally just mocking players. What exactly were you thinking doing this? Truth be told, it would have been better had you simply done nothing. At least that would have business as usual. This is just flagrant disrespect.
    Post edited by bigman99#8273 on
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Anyone else getting weird download patch sizes ?
    I was at 30% with 3Gig download . Stopped and restarted the launcher and it then completed within 10 secs .
    Didn't see final patch size though .

I know the tymora event would be underway but there's no way it would require this much to be downloaded .
  • casey#2467 casey Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    This patch is taking forever. 1gb so far and says 10%
  • casey#2467 casey Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Thanks pelgrax, killed the download and re started then it was done in less than an minute.