test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [3/26]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter will undergo maintenance across all platforms tomorrow, March 26, from 7am to 9am PT. Patch Notes discussion threads are available:

PC -> https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1254957

Xbox -> https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1254958

PS4 -> https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1254959

Comments

• pablosexcobar#1474 pablosexcobar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Again?
  • bignasty#0874 bignasty Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    yeah again
  • ghettoparaziteghettoparazite Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    This is getting ridiculous. Coordinate your maintenance windows better because this isn't acceptable. Especially if you look at the meager patch notes and what you need 2+ hours for. This could clearly have been incorporated in your previous maintenance window IMHO.
  • john#8455 john Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Once again you guys truly suck at reading your clock. I could invoke 4-5 toons in the 3 minutes early you shut down. Stick to your time table.
  • djnasty93djnasty93 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    lets turn thimbs togheter, we are in home everyone here in IT
    you made us finding an alternative, bad business guys ..

what negate to you in tryn to patch game when players are inside game? asking them to relog when patch its installed?
  • tikamage#2445 tikamage Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Probably cause in some cases, like mine, the Game becomes un responsive on Exit
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    yes , maintenance has a scheduled (up to) 2 hours, it often takes far less, so..events may still be possible to play for an hour...which is why they dont stop at 2pm, they get scheduled to end at 5pm/6pm usually..at times yes it runs over but seriously, with the amount of hours the events have been live, if you're racing at the very last few minutes, i would say there has been an issue with your planning, as thursday maintenance has been a regular thing for years now.
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    when a store always closes at 5pm, and you turn up at 1 minute to 5 expecting to get your shopping done, but fail...
  • cheva1ier#9330 cheva1ier Member Posts: 1 New User
    Asking for the schedule to be maintained, and for the maintenance to happen after the end of the scheduled time brackets for the event has nothing to do with showing up at the last minute.

Some people, like myself, have to schedule Neverwinter around work and other real life obligations. I missed the notifications that may or may not have been up saying there would be maintenance this morning or I might have lost some sleep to get the last day of the event accounted for.

14.5 days of the event for 14 writs and I have 13 writs. My personal schedule was only able to accommodate this morning bracket before work which was supposed to have luckily been the last few hours of the event after a daily reset. It's just the way people's personal schedules overlap with the scheduled events of the game. Are there some procrastinators? Sure. Am I one of them? No.

After all, they could have made the event 15 or 16 days long to give some flexibility for their users.

Are the Cryptic developers going to accommodate us? We hope so. If they don't, what's going to happen? Cryptic will probably lose potential customers. Not a lot, but a few.

They already label their game as "free-to-play" but hide the fact that content that could be labeled as "end-game" is entrenched behind thousands of hours of gameplay, daily activities, and/or actual in-game purchases.

Returning to the Neverwinter Siege event at hand as an example, you have to log in and do 15-30 minutes of event quests to get your daily writ in order to be able to purchase the Purple(Epic) mount Siegebreaker Griffon which allows for 110% mount speed, stat bonuses, and 3 insignia slots. You have to do this every day of the event because as it is scheduled, if you miss a day then you can't get the mount upgrade. Is there an Orange(Legendary) mount available? No. Is there ever? No.

Take some more examples:
    Lair of the Mad Mage(LOMM) - item level requirement 20,000
    Infernal Citadel(IC) - item level requirement 23,000
    Tower of the Mad Mage(TOMM) - item level requirement 24,000

These dungeons give out awesome end-game drops that can contribute to actual reaching the item level requirements and going beyond. But to initially break the 20,000 item level barrier, you need to start equipping Purple/Orange (Epic/Legendary) gear by item level 19,000. But how are you going to get that gear if you can't get into those dungeons? The "lower level" dungeons don't hand out those items....

Then you need to do the daily queues and save up 100k Astral Diamonds every day for months on end in order to afford small upgrades one at a time, for 25-100 item level gains slowly, week by week. Oh but wait, now the daily epic dungeon queue has an item level requirement of 20,000 as it includes LOMM in it, and randomly queues people into LOMM more often than any other dungeon....

So, now it's more difficult to get the daily 100k Astral Diamonds...

Shall I mention the in-game social dynamic of public and/or guild-based groups that will spit on you if you don't have the "ideal stats" for the LOMM dungeon? And how 20,000 item level isn't good enough because you need a much higher item level to actually attain the fundamental requirements of what they consider "good enough"?

So, let's say for the DPS class Hunter Ranger (HR), you need to attained or more than 275,000 Hit Points; 130,000 Power; 80,000 Armor Penetration; 80,000 Defense; 80,000 Critical Strike; and 118,000 Combat Advantage. If you don't have these stats, a LOT of people won't let you into their Epic Dungeon Queue group, or LOMM did you know? And did you know that you will probably be pushing 22,000-23,000 item level to actually get these stats from Epic/Legendary enchantments, insignias, 50+ boons, Best in Slot(BiS) gear, mounts, companions, companion equipment, and companion runestones?

Anyways, I could keep going and give you the mathematical breakdown of how much time, astral diamonds, and what not goes into every little bit but....

Is it so much to ask for a few extra hours to get an Epic Siegebreaker Griffon?
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    why have characters been reset AGAIN? i mean seriously we just had this on ps4 not too long ago an i go in after maint only to find my toon has been reset AGAIN an nothin in patch notes states anything about it..... setiously here