test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Refer a Friend on Pre-existing account from 2013

antioch#8264 antioch Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hi there,

It was suggested that I post here, as others may have experienced the same thing, or could experience the same experience as I did.

Situation: Received Refer a Friend (Checked and I showed as level 0 and that I was playing no games for Arc) Based on what I had read from the terms of service, characters 'may' get purged after a year. So my hypothesis as to why I was showing no games, and as level 0, was because I had been deleted. So I accepted the Refer a Friend, only to find out I had all my original characters from 2013, and being as happy as I was, I immediately logged into my level 41 Cleric. (This is where the trouble started). Next thing I glimpsed was something flash across my screen and all my quest progress (Barring Initial Area and Black Lake) was reset to Incomplete.

I know the refer a friend took, as my friend received an email saying I had reached level 20 on a character, and I received one saying that I had a prize waiting. This unfortunately didn't make up for the loss of all my questing on my character and it wasn't until I went to refer a friend that I saw you weren't supposed to have any level 10 characters on your account.

Now I reached out to the Game Masters, and Unfortunately they can't fix this, as it's likely a bug and just so everyone knows, they can't edit our characters. I was originally told that no roll back had ever happened, my character is as I left it, etc. So... I thought I was up that proverbial river without a paddle and was short tempered with the team. Which I apologize for again. But I gave more information, and this is when the GM recognized a bug.

I can provide more details if you need them and I really hope you can put through a hot fix. As I am certain, If it's happened to me, it has happened to others and/or could happen to others. This has been an experience I wouldn't wish on anyone.

What I would like to see; Quest Progress Restored, or something to bring a smile to my face! I'd quote Star Wars here about being my "Only hope", but I think that card had been used before. (smiles playfully).

Thank you for reading this lengthy post,

M.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,245 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    If I read it right, you had a level 41 character and now it is level 20.

In my point of view, you may either create a new character from scratch or just bite the bullet to continue with your level 20 character. It does not take long to reach level 70. It would be faster than waiting for them to do something and then mess it up even more.

I recent created a new character who reached level 70 in a few days.

In addition, it is really not a bad thing to start from 'scratch' because the game has been changed totally. Everyone needed to re-train themselves. What you knew is mostly invalid now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    antioch#8264 antioch Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just to clarify, it didn't level me down to 20. It just registered that I had a character >=20 and qualified for the Package of gifts. Good to know though on leveling, and advancing the storyline. I appreciate it.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I've escalated this to the rest of the team.