test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crash Report Investigation [1/24/2020]

Comments

• Options
    themadvykingthemadvyking Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Star trek online also has the same problem for me so it's not game positioning.
  • Options
    some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    CoDG still tries to kill my computer on the elevator. Is there any word on this issue being fixed? Many more people are having the same thing happen (see my earlier post)...but they don't seem to report it.
  • Options
    joelmessedup#5710 joelmessedup Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Hi, I continuously crash whenever I get into CoDG, whether for RTQ or otherwise. It happens at the exact same time right before the skull phase starts. I sent my DxDiag to support and they cleared me saying it was not my computer but an actual bug. I'm mentioning it here as recommended by them and would also like to note that I've met at least 4 other players who have the EXACT same problem as me.

Please fix =( I miss running CoDG multis
  • Options
    thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2020

Hi, I continuously crash whenever I get into CoDG, whether for RTQ or otherwise. It happens at the exact same time right before the skull phase starts. I sent my DxDiag to support and they cleared me saying it was not my computer but an actual bug. I'm mentioning it here as recommended by them and would also like to note that I've met at least 4 other players who have the EXACT same problem as me.

Well it's your computer and their's server... With faster/better computer there will be no crash, but CoDG will be still almost unplayable in that phase.
  • Options
    markhell#1979 markhell Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have same symptoms running codg as "some1stolemynickname". Also, when i check another player, fps drastically reduces to 1-3 fps.
  • Options
    giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User

Well it's your computer and their's server... With faster/better computer there will be no crash, but CoDG will be still almost unplayable in that phase.
    People with 8Gb VRAM and 32 Gb RAM has same issues when running CoDG, don't know what kind of computer you say that we should have to run this trial according with your comment.
  • Options
    Update: I managed to get through 3 runs to the boss without the FPS drop issue. After that 3 people were done, so we replaced them with randoms. The FPS drop came back...but for only 1 round of mobs (first round). It's a very strange bug since it now seems to be more random.

The FPS drop while inspecting another player when not on the same map is still prevalent. I still believe both of these issue has some connection to each other, especially since they both do the same thing and started at the same time (mod 18 brought them).
  • Options
    thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    giz#2086 said:

People with 8Gb VRAM and 32 Gb RAM has same issues when running CoDG, don't know what kind of computer you say that we should have to run this trial according with your comment.

Don't know. I don't have problems with crashes. Only with FPS drops in CoDG (as I wrote), well sometimes.
    But, after new modul arrived, there're problems everywhere with lags, rubberbanding, redirecting...
  • Options
    edited February 2020

giz#2086 said:

Don't know. I don't have problems with crashes. Only with FPS drops in CoDG (as I wrote), well sometimes.
    But, after new modul arrived, there're problems everywhere with lags, rubberbanding, redirecting...
    It doesn't matter if you crash or not: the cause of crashes is the same issue. I've only crashed once out of about 20-25 runs. Your statements should be removed from this topic (along with our replies to them) since they don't contain any useful/helpful information.
    ixanatar said:

At least you can log in. I haven't been able to log in since Jan 21st when the new mod dropped. Game has been FUBAR since.
    Did you try setting "Force Verify" and unchecking "On-demand Patching" in the launcher options? If so follow these steps:
    1. download and install CCleaner (free version) https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download
    2. uninstall Neverwinter + Arc
    3. run CCleaner and scan the registry....remove everything it finds...repeat until nothing comes up
    4. install Neverwinter again
    5. launch from the Neverwinter.exe file directly (default c\Proram Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en)
    6. set the same options in the launcher then try logging in
  • Options
    themadvykingthemadvyking Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I tried both arc and steam version uninstalled and reinstalled force verify full patch safe mode updated drivers even backtracked to windows when it did work and put it back. ever since that january 21st update and for star trek that december update, its get to character creator/ tos agreement (for neverwinter) and full crash. Since we have two seperate games with the same problems starting at different months, it is safe to say and i say it admittedly out fo frustration.....in ecw chanting terms ....cryptic you f'ed up for anyone with intergrated video/sound cards since that what it seems we all have in common. please fix it
  • Options
    lordshadowstlkrlordshadowstlkr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi. Yesterday I was able to play Neverwinter without issue, today I am crashing right on the cryptic screen. I am not sure what changed between yesterday and today.

Incident ID 126f05 (and many more)

Dxdiag
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 2/15/2020, 15:21:07
    Machine name: DESKTOP-3E247BL
    Machine Id: {1F337F2D-798F-4418-9B02-7547998F2B6F}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/10 19:13:52 Ver: 08.00.10 (type: BIOS)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16290MB RAM
    Page File: 9040MB used, 10193MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DirectX Database Version: Unknown
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Display Tab 2: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce RTX 2060
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device (POST)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F08&SUBSYS_86AF1043&REV_A1
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 14125 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 5980 MB
    Shared Memory: 8145 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    HDR Support: Not Supported
    Display Topology: Internal
    Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
    Color Primaries: Red(0.641602,0.334961), Green(0.291016,0.635742), Blue(0.153320,0.048828), White Point(0.313477,0.329102)
    Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
    Monitor Name: Acer HN274H (DVI)
    Monitor Model: Acer HN274H
    Monitor Id: ACR0255
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported
    Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
    Advanced Color: Not Supported
    Driver Name:

Graphics card and OS (nVidia 2060, Windows 10)
  • Options
    keaton1#2431 keaton1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Continual crashing when using the vendors for any amount of time. Every time I clear out my inventory at a vendor I crash out.
  • Options
    1272f8 latest code.
  • Options
    12730c doing the same thing. Selling at the vendor.
  • Options
    127322 and again. I was going to purchase some zen this weekend. Guess I will try to finish what I am doing and just go work on something else till this problem, which started after the last patch, is fixed.
  • Options
    1273ac So I have to much I want to accomplish. Problem is I have crafters going non stop. And now my bags are filling up and I have to reload everytime I try to sell off the stuff I do not need.
  • Options
    1273c1 Different toon. Same problem. And these crashes are coming this regular.
  • Options
    1273c4 That quick. Logged back in to the same toon. Vendor. Crashed.
  • Options
    1273ca Same toon. Logged back in. Finally got the last thing sold as I crashed.
  • Options
    lordshadowstlkrlordshadowstlkr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    I rolled my video drive back to one from December and now I can run the game.
  • Options
    I've found a workaround for my CoDG FPS drop; I noticed somewhere along the line Windows decided to put 1/2 my CPU cores in parked mode, even though I had them all set to 100% active. I didn't realize they made it so you can't unpark the cores by setting them to 100% in advanced power profile. Here's a handy little free program to use to unpark all cores (if you have multi-core CPU) : https://coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

I created a new power profile (which I named "Game ON"), then used the program to unpark all cores and saved it. CoDG has run smoothly without any lag at all since doing this. I also did the same to a friend's computer, and it worked there as well. Just be sure to change power management profiles after logging for the night, since it'll use more power than needed.

Why I say this is a workaround and not fix? Well the game shouldn't be using 100% of 4 cores (of now 8) to begin with ...ever. I don't use any other programs (I use my laptop for web surfing and desktop for the game). I don't have hardware acceleration on...or anything running in processes that shouldn't be. This wasn't an issue before mod 18, and only seems to happen now in CoDG on the elevator. There's something seriously wrong in the code to cause CPU spikes like this.
  • Options
    krair#5079 krair Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    127f3a is the incident ID for one of my recent crashes. It occurs anytime I'm selling a large number of items. i've tried counting and it isn't consistant, sometimes it is as few as 20 items, other times I've sold a bit over 40 before it crashes, but it has been happening EVERY time I try to sell a large number of items since the Thursday maintenance on 2/13/2020. I have tried with multiple different vendors and it does it with all of them.

Seems similar to the issue keaton1 is describing above. If you need additional information please contact me. I initiated a support case as well, they recommended I post here.
  • Options
    jafraol#7258 jafraol Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Codg crashes on me about 1 in 4 runs. on the elevator. I can usually get back on in time to get put back with my party. today it crashed on me, and crashed my pc too. by the time I got back up and runniing I had a leaver penalty. I like the trial, but hate the crashes. because of the chest rewards, I'm going to keep running it anyway - but I wish the issue would get fixed.
  • Options

I've found a workaround for my CoDG FPS drop; I noticed somewhere along the line Windows decided to put 1/2 my CPU cores in parked mode, even though I had them all set to 100% active. I didn't realize they made it so you can't unpark the cores by setting them to 100% in advanced power profile. Here's a handy little free program to use to unpark all cores (if you have multi-core CPU) : https://coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

I created a new power profile (which I named "Game ON"), then used the program to unpark all cores and saved it. CoDG has run smoothly without any lag at all since doing this. I also did the same to a friend's computer, and it worked there as well. Just be sure to change power management profiles after logging for the night, since it'll use more power than needed.

Why I say this is a workaround and not fix? Well the game shouldn't be using 100% of 4 cores (of now 8) to begin with ...ever. I don't use any other programs (I use my laptop for web surfing and desktop for the game). I don't have hardware acceleration on...or anything running in processes that shouldn't be. This wasn't an issue before mod 18, and only seems to happen now in CoDG on the elevator. There's something seriously wrong in the code to cause CPU spikes like this.

Well you all can ignore this now. It didn't work after all. It turns out I was just lucky on all the test runs for a few days. There is always 1 party who gets the FPS drop, and one that doesn't.

is it a good idea to be posting our dxdiag's on an open forum? are you sure there is nothing in there that a malicious person could use?

No there's not really anything a hacker could use. Although, there isn't much other than system (hardware, dx version, driver version) that Cryptic can use either. Other than that it will just say there isn't a problem with yuor computer.

I'm 100% certain it's some bad code (bug) that needs to be fixed. In your case they already stated it in the patch notes, and should be fixed in the next patch. As for CoDG elevator ride, I'd REALLY like to hear a progress report on it.