test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A 5 man dungeon via the random queue system -> with 2 healers

marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
I signed up for a random dungeon as healer via the queue system. I queued alone.

I was placed in FBI - at the start. However, as well as me, there was one tank, two dps and ANOTHER healer.

So that's two healers for a five man dungeon? Working as intended? Or a bug?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/onCRXE1.jpg[/img]

Comments

• Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Also happened to me two times yesterday, and happened to a friend once too.

The first time it happened to me, the dungeon was LoMM, and we weren't able to defeat Arcturia due to the lack of one DPS.
  • Options
    Just flagging this issue, as I've not seen any response and it happened again today.

Signed for a random dungeon with one other guild member. My role was healer, the guild member's role was DPS.

We were then placed at the start of a TONG run, but with a tank, a dps and ANOTHER healer.

So once more, the random finder has placed two healers in one 5 man run.

We couldn't abandon as there is a 15 minute cooldown, but we managed to kick one player and then all leave.

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for pointing this out! I'll pass it on for investigation.
  • Options
    Just give you some more information on this to track down the bug.

I was just placed at the start of Castle Ravenloft by the random queue system in a group with 3 healers, 2 dps and no tank.

So it's not just a problem of 2 healers turning up. Obviously, 3 healers and no tank is also a possibility...

• Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    edit: my speculation does not match observation from other people
    My guess would be: you joined a pre-made party that went for that specific dungeon. I have never personally tried it, but if you did not go there through the random queue, you should be free to change your path (cleric: dps/heal, pally: heal/tank, barb+fighter: dps/tank).
    So, my best guess would point at the moment the system checks the party composition - it might be outdated when the random queue reinforces the incomplete party.
    Post edited by rikitaki on
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    To speak honest about this issue. Some reasons how it happens is you get a dungeon that has started a spec leaves dungeon. If you have say a pally tank then pally can switch to healer and que trying to obtain a tank and when it gos to slow switch back and repeat. This will some times catch a second healer or some times a second tank. It is nothing new and if I am not mistaking the issue was reported back in like mod 16 or maybe even 15 can not remember but ya I seen that happen many times in dungeons I was in.
  • Options
    I was just put in yet another Castle Ravenloft with another Devout Cleric - so 2 healers of same class.

To be honest, I don't think it has anything to do with people changing from tank to healer. And the group looked like a complete pug too (different languages for guild names).
  • Options
    amarylliscandyamarylliscandy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    4 of us queued for a random dungeon, we got LoMM. We had a Paladin Justicar tank, 2 dps and Myself as Paladin heals. Our random pick up was a warlock healer. (A very kind one thankfully!) Considering nothing was going to come of it with our lack of dps, we gave it a shot or two anyway. We all faced the same issue in this.

In the end with no other choice we had to leave and we did, after apologizing to our pick up warlock healer.
    p.s Dear warlock healer, (If you see this) Thank you for messing around in LoMM with us. In some bad luck with this bug, it was good to have someone who was understanding.

|🌙|

• Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Just happened to me as my DC. Fresh new REDQ, no previous people. 2 dps, 1 cleric healer, 1 pally tank and 1 pally healer. So, wth is going on with the REDQ system atm? We cannot change our loadouts once in a queue. Extremely frustating bug, in addition to the other stuff going on the random que system, it just keeps piling on.
  • Options
    some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    I run randoms every day and only seen this one once, so it doesn't seem to be very common luckily. CR with a fighter tank, rogue and wizard for dps, cleric and pally for heals...super protected but way too long lol
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for all the updates folks - the issue was reported when the original post went up and we'll continue to investigate and keep on eye on this thread for any more details.
  • Options
    neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Happened again other day in Fangbreaker Island with 2 healers, 3 DPS.
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • Options
    arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    This has happened to me a few times, but last night was a new variation, 2 DPS, 2 Tanks, 1 Healer. This was Malabog's Castle, my guildmate and I queued together as healer and tank and we were brought in as reinforcements for the final fight.
  • Options
    @nitocris83 Any update on this? This continues to happen on a fairly regular basis.
  • Options

@nitocris83 Any update on this? This continues to happen on a fairly regular basis.

I'll circle back with the team for any updates.
  • Options
    @nitocris83 Any updates? This continues to happen. (I was just in EDemo with 3 healers!)
  • Options
    daria#9021 daria Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Happened to me several times. Generally it's because you queue for example as a healer and you switch as to dps while you wait for queue to pop. If you have sometimes equiped that still is in cooldown, the game won't be able to switch loadout and you will stay as a dps.
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I think I've done this inadvertently. I queued in a DPS loadout then switch to heals. The switch is done without leaving the queue. I don't remember if it was before or after the Accept window populated.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    @nitocris83 Any update to this? This continues to happen.
  • Options

@nitocris83 Any update to this? This continues to happen.

No updates at this time but we have been able to repro it on live. I'll circle back with the team.
  • Options
    @nitocris83 Anything on this yet? It continues to happen and it's been almost a year now.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    We do daily RTQ and many times queue up purposefully with extra support toons and the queue always accepts it. It's not that you must have 1 tank 1 heal 3 dps, just that you must have at least 1 tank 1 heals. More of those support classes can join in place of dps.
  • Options
    Whenever we've queued and someone forgot to change a loadout so that there are 2 healers or 2 tanks and it's a 5 person queue, it won't let us queue unless we queue private.