test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Language - Português Brazilian

themenor#4135 themenor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hello when I enter the launcher in Brazilian Portuguese the game always appears as if I could not translate (Untransleted) just does not appear when I change the language to English but I'm not fluent in English so much that I have to go to google translator to send this post so I would love to play Neverwinter in my language because some quests can not understand anything example that of Work Shop.
(Prints of the game):
https://i.imgur.com/gOtfKhH.png
https://i.imgur.com/LZvcx4z.png

Comments

• exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    The portuguese brazilian language isn't updated since the module 6 launch.

For many times, the brazilians asked in the forums about to, or remove or update (not worth to do this) the language. Since then, the brazilian players only play Neverwinter in English.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • themenor#4135 themenor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    But why don't they update the Portuguese language anymore as many Brazilian players like to play the game and I was very sad to hear that the Uprising update was not in Portuguese - Brazilian :'(
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    They dont have a localization into Spanish either or even Chinese, which are the 2 most spoken languages in the world. They choose to only translate it into German, French and Russian. It probably all comes down to time, cost and staffing, I would guess.
    Well, I think the way is either to switch to another game or to learn the full English language to get the most out of the game.
  • aragorn#3817 aragorn Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @exgardian said:
    > The portuguese brazilian language isn't updated since the module 6 launch.
    >
    > For many times, the brazilians asked in the forums about to, or remove or update (not worth to do this) the language. Since then, the brazilian players only play Neverwinter in English.

Please update. Brazilians are the audience that is still growing more in games lately if you update is to adapt to Brazilian Portuguese the number of players will increase
    It is nowadays the great MMORPGs do not want to translate anything they just say "it is not worth it" and one of the biggest parts is BR, they are not even able to let the community translate the game because if you see it in Dragon Ball Online Global it was the players and fans themselves who translated and there was no developer or administrator as the big game producers like the arc says it’s not “worth it”, since there are a lot of BRs asking on the forums!
  • cribangel#1410 cribangel Member Posts: 1 New User
    I put it in English and even then the texts are broken, there is no identification of the objects, they are as if I had written in the programmer mode. how to solve this?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Language support is decided based on number of players in that language and cost of localization - while there may be a large number of Portuguese speaking players, it has to reach a certain threshold to justify the cost of translating the game for each new content.
  • fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User

Language support is decided based on number of players in that language and cost of localization - while there may be a large number of Portuguese speaking players, it has to reach a certain threshold to justify the cost of translating the game for each new content.

@nitocris83 i think theres no much cost to translate, i think theres a lot of Brazilians players that will help do this for free. Theres a lot o garbage in the contract, i know, but i suggest you guys create a topic in the forum, to players (not only brazilian) willing to help translate the game.
  • zhar01zhar01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    When I first downloaded the game (pt-BR) thought I had the wrong file cause news were completely outdated. Then I started play and saw that new itens were in english and the description didn't match the portuguese ones. Changed to english as i have no problems and saw encounters were completely different from what was translated. My council is: if you can't play in english don't play in portuguese. They should complete remove the 'suport' for pt-bR to not deceive people.