test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Item protection does not protect

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
edited January 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have a stack of unbound Mark of Potency (99) in the personal bank and some character bound Mark of Potency (8) in inventory.
Before I do refine, I can see 2/107. That is normal.
When I refine enchantment, it picks up the unbound Mark of Potency from the personal bank instead of those from inventory. Ok, I can deal with that.

I went ahead to protect the stack in the personal bank (with the chain symbol in the top right corner).
Before I do refine, I can still see 2/107. Ok, may be a gui glitch.
I do refine, well, it takes 2 from the protected stack in the personal bank although there is a chain symbol.

Of course, knowing its behaviour, my current workaround is to move the stack to the shared bank but it is a bug.
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the info. I'll pass it on for investigation.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    My interpretation of "protection" means it won't be destroyed (including used), discard or sold in any way.
    For me, if reagent is "protected", it should not be used too.

if ward, reagent, mark, material, etc, are 'exceptions' during refinement/crafting, they should inform us. If it is already documented, I missed it and have not seen it.

I fully expected I could protect unbound ward, reagent, mark so that they won't be used. So that, the game will use whatever I did not protect such as character bound bunch.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited January 2020

But... but... you can actually choose which wards you use in refining process... Like if you have two stacks and one stack is bound and the other not, you can choose the bound one... There is nothing in tooltips. I only use common sense. Sorry.

I started with Mark (the first post) which you can't choose.
    For ward, I did not try myself. If you choose "try until success", will it use another stack when the first stack is done?
    e.g. I have 8 character bound p-ward, 99 protected unbound p-ward. The refinement takes up to 15. I put 8 bound p-ward stack into the slot. I choose "try until success". 8 tries is not enough. Will it use the "protected" unbound p-ward to do the next 7 tries?
  • Options
    cooljinxcooljinx Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    No, it will only use the stack put in the refinement slot and stop.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The "protection" is against discarding or selling the item. If it was against being consumed for refining, that would be annoying as you have to unprotected them before refining.

It would be nice if the game prioritized bound resources first when refining. I put my unbounded resources in the mail if I have bound ones I want to be consumed for sure.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Will it use the "protected" unbound p-ward to do the next 7 tries?

It will use whatever is needed to succesfull upgrade. Again, common sense. "try until success" - what's hard to understand in it?
    Honestly there are more, MORE far more annoying bugs in the game to consider such silly thing a "bug".

I thought someone above said that is not the case. It does not "try until success". i.e. the 2nd stack is not touched. May be common sense does not apply here.

Let say it can do "try until success" and will use the 2nd stack as you claimed.
    I have a stack of 8 and put into the refinement slot.
    I have (A) a protected stack unbound p-ward and (B) an unprotected stack of bound p-ward.
    Which stack should be used based on your common sense?

Anyway, it appears your common sense is not the same as mine. My common sense says "protected" means protected.

My common sense also says a bug is a bug. if something is not a bug, it will only because it is not a bug and not because there are other more important or annoying and unrelated bugs.
    Post edited by plasticbat on