test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did Demogorgon Set Get Nerfed?

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
Just been in game and general chat was all about the Demo Set getting seriously nerfed.

Anyone have any information on that or is it more Fake News?

Comments

• Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Fake news :trollface:
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Yes, it will be max 10% with mod 18. It is in the mod 18 notes on Test boards.
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Confirmed on preview myself, yes, its 10% for new mod at the moment.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    way passed due, I'm looking forward to them narrowing the performance gap based on having one particular equipment set.
  • Options
    jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    @putzboy78 its no longer BIS. A few sets can beat it now.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    krumple01 said:

The funny thing I see the set clearly points out that cryptic isn't very good at game design. They have made a set that was so good that it lasted over 4 mods, possibly 5. The reason is because the design of stats or proc abilities on all the new gear is just so underwelming that you would gladly lose item level and some stats for the proc.

That depends on how you see "game design". If the design was "Make a set BIS until 90% of the dps use it then nerf it" it was good design because it worked. And in the history of NW this seems a pattern like in other free to play games. Maybe is a design you dont like but is clearly working for them because they keep repeating the history.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    krumple01 said:

They have made a set that was so good that it lasted over 4 mods, possibly 5

Try closing in on 4 years that spanned across 9-10 mods. Shard came out Mod 8 and rest of set came out in mod 9.

The set is dead. Long live the set!
  • Options
    ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    So what set is going to be the one to get now?
  • Options
    thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Well BiS is important for old players... How many newest players will just leave when they found that they wasted "money" for demo set ?!?!? There should be some information before starting game about changes for "not forum" players. This game "lacks" support for new players. Lacks a lot.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Support for the new players should be the old players.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

Well BiS is important for old players... How many newest players will just leave when they found that they wasted "money" for demo set ?!?!? There should be some information before starting game about changes for "not forum" players. This game "lacks" support for new players. Lacks a lot.

It took me a lot of hours, and a lot wasted currency to figure out the the SKT gear wasn't worth the effort as I was leveling and getting boons in late spring of 2018 after I had been on for 2 months.

They need to have a much better in game help guide, with explanations of how stats work, buffs that stack, don't stack, or how they compliment each other. I still don't understand how having really high critical strike makes a healock a great healer.