test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Adjustment (or extra setting) for deaf people in NW

finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
In my alliance and people I know are deaf, and because of that fact they doesn't enjoy the game to it's full extent.

I would like to ask (on behave of deaf players in NW) the Development team take some time to investigate if there is a way to add a setting which make all voice (especially from NPC's) being translated into text (Bubbles or Chatbox)..

Thank you
Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    finmakin said:

In my alliance and people I know are deaf, and because of that fact they doesn't enjoy the game to it's full extent.

I would like to ask (on behave of deaf players in NW) the Development team take some time to investigate if there is a way to add a setting which make all voice (especially from NPC's) being translated into text (Bubbles or Chatbox)..

Thank you

I think all the critical NPC already have text in the dialog box for the voice.
    Many random NPC already have text in Bubble (except they come and go pretty fast though) if you are facing the npc.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @finmakin! We are always looking at ways to make our game more accessible. While many NPCs have a text dialogue box, we understand this doesn't encompass the full scope so thank you for your feedback!
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User

Hi @finmakin! We are always looking at ways to make our game more accessible. While many NPCs have a text dialogue box, we understand this doesn't encompass the full scope so thank you for your feedback!

I thank you for this reply,
    Besides the fact that many NPC's have text boxes when they announcing information, but there is so much more which could improve the play experience of hear impaired players (things like ambient sound's. take the announcements the vendors make at Sunmarket as example)...
    I am aware that this thing (which can be turned off or on in settings) takes quite some extra work for Dev's.

With this being said, I really hope that it might become a option for this group of players somewhere in the future.

Sincerely

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    tho a noble idea the text boxes would still need to be translated into every language they game supports as well
    a lengthy endeavor .