test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.115.20191025a.17

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11310763

Comments

• shadows1313shadows1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    The fix for the achievements/titles is appreciated but it is a very late fix/notice, the event will be gone by the time it hits live. It would make more sense if u also consider extending the event over the weekend too to give people a chance to actually earn these now that they will be fixed.
    Seeing as these were bugged in early days of the event i haven't really put much effort into trying to get them plus i've also run event on several chars so its hard for me to even remember which runs i did on which chars since there's no titles/achievements working atm to show that. Now seeing the patch notes with hours left on the event it's unlikely that i'll have time to get all these done. I can imagine i'm not the only person in this situation so as i said above if u'd consider extending the event a few days more that would actually help get a chance to earn these achievements.
    If not, oh well. There's always next year too assuming events will happen again in future.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    Hey @nitocris83 , could you please update the link for the 3840x2160 resolution Beholder background? It still links to a lower resolution one :(.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11106993-new-digital-wallpapers!
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Rly...
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Your patch didnt give me the titles I earned retroactively. 2 Mad dragon 2 Idris and 3 Icespire to max x5 difficulty and no titles, including 1 MD and Icespire last two days, and under achievements tab, not showing completion. @nitocris83 come on, ran a bunch of x5 dungeons for the event, with the title being the main draw at this point...and now nothing.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    the fix didnt seem to work for anyone i know.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! We got confirmation that most folks saw their achievements/titles pop up starting on Tuesday but for those of you who still didn't get them to show, please contact support and also send me a DM with your account info. Thanks!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    dillygirl said:

Hey @nitocris83 , could you please update the link for the 3840x2160 resolution Beholder background? It still links to a lower resolution one :(.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11106993-new-digital-wallpapers!

Got it! Tricksy file was mislabeled in my folder so I kept not seeing the correct one.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited November 2019

dillygirl said:

Got it! Tricksy file was mislabeled in my folder so I kept not seeing the correct one.
    YESS Thank you! Now I have an AWESOME background :D (not that the dragon wasn't awesome, but I like the beholder more!)

Hey folks! We got confirmation that most folks saw their achievements/titles pop up starting on Tuesday but for those of you who still didn't get them to show, please contact support and also send me a DM with your account info. Thanks!

I sent you a DM @nitocris83 and filed a ticket with CS. Customer support referenced the patch notes this morning to claim that the issue is fixed. Can we please stop with the back and forth. I file a CS ticket, they say to post on forum, and then on forum I get told to file a ticket. Literally turning in circles here with you guys. Please no more CS/forum finger pointing.
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Classes and Balance

Wizard

Chaos Magic: Activates extremely rarely. Often, throughout the entire fight with the boss does not

activate even once. In addition, not all bonuses from this skill work. Alternate ability (Iced Lightning)

is useless. Doesn't match any builds.

- Rapid recovery: Gain 100% Cooldown Recovery Rate for 5s. And in practice it gives 0% Cooldown Recovery

Rate for 5s.

- Repel: Repel charges 0.09% AP. It is almost 10x less than other skills.

- Directed Flames: Smolder now deals 75% of its total damage instantly when applied but no longer deals

damage over time. And in practice smolder deals 50% of its total damage instantly when applied but no

longer deals damage over time.

- Arcane Singularity: The control effect is so weak that monsters easily run out of the area of skill. Even if a monster sucks, it does not fall in the center of the skill area, only where it managed to run.

Still none of these things were fixed. In a month it will be a year since you know about these errors.
    And CS has once again pointed the finger back here with their response to latest ticket: Check back on the forums in the future while the in-game crew works on it.
  • kerare#5654 kerare Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    last 3 tickets i got same run around and tickets closed nothing done ,3 events in a row lost rewards or earned nothing or so broke they where unplayable.i simply at this point, accept its a total waste of time to expect this game to ever fix anything. or reward what is earned, or events to ever be released that actually come close to the hype that they are not. the only risk is getting any reward at all. wont bother again once vip expires more than done here.
  • molchar#7365 molchar Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Hate to say it but for my part I don't go around worrying about what titles are over peoples' heads. Can we get the dev's to focus on chests being looted properly in dungeons? Up to and including different loot for level 80 end game characters vs. some chest in a Blackdagger Ruins quest instance? I picked a silly thing too, the difference I mean to expose is machination and proper function vs. vanity/aesthetic stuff that doesn't mean diddly.

Hate to say it but for my part I don't go around worrying about what titles are over peoples' heads. Can we get the dev's to focus on chests being looted properly in dungeons? Up to and including different loot for level 80 end game characters vs. some chest in a Blackdagger Ruins quest instance? I picked a silly thing too, the difference I mean to expose is machination and proper function vs. vanity/aesthetic stuff that doesn't mean diddly.

Its not about "vanity/aesthetic stuff that doesn't mean diddly", which is an opinion btw and no more valid than anyone else's, but about holding people accountable to their word. If you bought a new car, but the dealership told you that your car isn't painted and they don't have an estimate when it will be, would you not feel frustrated or cheated? The end result here is to hold Cryptic to their word. Your view of this issue as inconsequential is irrelevant to this discussion.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Its not about "vanity/aesthetic stuff that doesn't mean diddly", which is an opinion btw and no more valid than anyone else's, but about holding people accountable to their word. If you bought a new car, but the dealership told you that your car isn't painted and they don't have an estimate when it will be, would you not feel frustrated or cheated? The end result here is to hold Cryptic to their word. Your view of this issue as inconsequential is irrelevant to this discussion.
    I believe everyone wants to hold them accountable and to use your own analogy this is more like:
    If you bought a new car, but the dealership installed a broken engine and also told you that your car isn't painted, would you not prioritize the broken engine over the paint job?

There comes a time when there are so many bugs that people want them to prioritize on big picture bugs and not cosmetic bugs.

Fret not! History has shown us that tiny bugs that are easier to fix, and also less important to the overall function of the game, will always get fixed faster than game breaking bugs.
    "History has shown us that tiny bugs that are easier to fix, and also less important to the overall function of the game, will always get fixed faster than game breaking bugs." @ecrana#2080 Actually history shows us that some of the small bugs (chult campaign completion token, Gyrions tower jump damage, etc.) can be quite hard to track down and fix, while most of the "game breaking" bugs get extra attention and a quick turn around on a fix exactly because they have such a negative impact for so many people. The ONLY way a problem like this gets solved if if those who are affected by it continue to raise their voices, or to put it less generously, complain.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User

Fret not! History has shown us that tiny bugs that are easier to fix, and also less important to the overall function of the game, will always get fixed faster than game breaking bugs.

Right... well, not. Errors, where devs just failed to "tick this" or "fill a value here", seems immortal in this game. (I am talking for example about the time when in mod15 some weapons were released without dmg attribute attached - or more recently, the Legacy campaign Adventures, where some random quest do not count to the requested amount.)
    And it paints this game in a really bad light when a well known stupidity - no investigation needed, (all necessary info gathered by active players,) fix requiring absolutely minimal effort - is testing the player-base patience till the players give up and avert their gaze from such game content.
  • vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Still don't have my titles. My request for account support provided me with these old patch notes that didn't fix the problem or I would have my titles. Is this ever going to be fixed?
    edited December 2019
    Any Progress on this @nitocris83 ? Been two weeks since the "fix" didn't work. No new posts, CS has repeatedly said bring it here, sent you DM as you asked and still no titles, no mention.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    OK, progress on donating runestones to the coffer, but we still are not allowed to donate bonding runestones.

Edit: Add Eldritch runestones to the list we can't donate.
    Post edited by kharkov58 on
  • luthor#3134 luthor Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    As always this is probably my .... x-countless report of bugs

My warlock is stuck at one loadout (healer) cannot switch back to hellbringer.
    After I finished Craddle of old god, the cahracter keeps spawning dead at Protectors enclave.
    I tried relogin and unequip all gears. nothing helped. So I can't even play.

this is already the 3rd time engaging the loadout bug.

another bug that hasn't been finished is the inferal sphere that sometimes won't trigger after several usage.

Sometimes I question if the devs and support even read this at all.