test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Low level skirmishes disappeared after latest (10/10) patch

silvertombisilvertombi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
I created two new toons a couple of days ago, and reached Blacklake. I did the Blacklake terror skirmish with one of them, but not the other. After today's patch, neither of the new toons can see any skirmishes available to them. The first toon was lvl 10 yesterday, and Orc assault was also available then. Today, nothing. Were these removed with the patch intentionally or is this a bug?

Comments

• Options
    sinarrsinarr Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Can we get a reply on this. With the level based restrictions these have , this is holding me up on 2 new characters.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Low level skirmishes were removed from the random queue temporarily with last week's queue adjustments (https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11275373-queue-changes)
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    They can't be queued for directly either, though. On alts I'm leveling for the event, I can see the Random and Dungeon categories, but there is no Skirmish (non random) category at all.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    sinarrsinarr Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    correct , even in a private group we can not access the low level skirmishes. I have 1 Recruitment character HOLDING at 43 so I dont outlevel the Totem Pit, and miss the achievement. I had another holding at 69 so I would not miss aberrant assault , this one I forgot about ,and invoked on. Dinged to 70 , so I guess I miss that achievement. Think I will just go play ESO until this is fixed.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    I have someone on hold too. Will these skirmishes be released before the recruitment event ends?
  • Options
    Thank you for the response!
    This is not about the random queue, but regular queues involving skirmishes tied to the leveling zones (like Blacklake, Tower District). I'm not sure they were ever part of the random queue, though they may have been for low level toons. However, I think they should still be available for queueing under the Skirmish tab (not the Random tab), as this was not mentioned anywhere in the patch notes, and I see no reason why we can't enter them privately. The queue adjustment involved the reorganization of the random queues, but these should be unaffected (like the dungeons of the same zones, which are still available).
    q
    This is a level 10 toon, which should have access to Blacklake Terror and Orc Assault. I think you may have removed these skirmishes completely, not just from the random queues. Please fix this as soon as possible, because - as others have also pointed it out - if someone wants the achievements for these, they can't go past the max level for these skirmishes, thus they need to put these toons on hold (no invoking either). I'm also not leveling my two new toons for this reason.
    Additionally, I think a lot of people would appreciate it if you made all these skirmishes available to toons of all levels (with level scaling of course), just like the corresponding low level dungeons. Those missable achievements leave a bitter taste in the mouth...
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have characters that missed Blacklake and Rothe Valley skirmishes in BETA that still can't get those achievements. It's long past due.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    @nitocris83 So.., it there an ETA on when these temporarily removed low level skirmishes will be available again? Not necessarily in random queue, but in any queue.