test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WTH IS GOING ON: TOO was broken, Pvp Preseason is Missing Info and WHERE ARE THE POSTS

andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
edited September 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
So, um, guys.

Today this event was supposed to go live:
Starting September 12th, the very PvP pre-season (or Season 0)* will become active. It will last 4 weeks, until October 10rd, after which it will enter a cooldown period of 2 weeks where players can collect their rewards, take a break, and prepare for the next season!

I hope to see you on the battlefield this upcoming season!

Robert “Cryptic-Ridi” Hrouda
Systems Designer

Today the extremely broken TOO extended event ended, with zero communication about the fact that it ate our trinkets and was unplayable in the intended state. We have no information about any fixes or compensation.

A broken event just ended (no communication)
The PvP preseason *didn't* start (no communication). DID start, but was missing a post on how to do PvP if you've never done it.

Is there anyone out there?
BUELLER?
BUELLER?

@nitocris83 @terramak @asterdahl

Edited as there is a post about CTA going live.

Post edited by andorrabell on

Comments

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    It saddens me to say this but the crew at NW have too much on their plate with a crew that needs to be much larger in number and IMO more technically experienced. This is not a slight at those people because I think they are doing the best the can given the circumstances. Sadly, this is one of those instances where the carrot is just too far out of reach for them to ever catch it.

I have no doubt in my mind they really want NW to be great (again) and they are trying but it seems to me they are just in above their head and again I want to point out, I don't think it's any fault of theirs but rather upper management who has cut their budget and all that jazz.

We shall see.

I would ask don't throw your anger at the devs, they are honestly just trying to do their jobs. Hunt down people in upper (corporate management) if you want to vent because they are the ones that control the purse strings.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    No, it's the developers job to communicate with us. An "we are working on it, something will happen" post is their BASIC JOB. A "sorry about PvP pre-season, it's not ready" "we started a PvP thing, here's how to do pvp things" post is their BASIC JOB.

Unless admin is keeping them from even giving basic "we know this is happening" updates, this is on them. And if that's going on guys, pm me, because this game is toast.

edited to reflect there is a post about CTA.
    edited to reflect apparently the pre-season IS live, but without a breadcrumb for people who haven't done PvP.
    Post edited by andorrabell on
    The other option is they have NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON and that I refuse to accept.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User

No, it's the developers job to communicate with us. An "we are working on it, something will happen" post is their BASIC JOB. A "this event went live, enjoy while we sort other things" post is their BASIC JOB. A "sorry about PvP pre-season, it's not ready" post is their BASIC JOB.

Unless admin is keeping them from even giving basic "we know this is happening" updates, this is on them. And if that's going on guys, pm me, because this game is toast.

I have no doubt they are under orders to not communicate certain things because it makes them look bad. Yes saying nothing is horrible but I would bet dollars to doughnuts they aren't allowed to say too much when these things happen.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    I get that, but they have to at least be able to post: We are aware and stuff. That's the absolute MINIMUM that needs to be happening. They aren't even doing that.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User

...I don't think it's any fault of theirs but rather upper management who has cut their budget and all that jazz...I would ask don't throw your anger at the devs, they are honestly just trying to do their jobs. Hunt down people in upper (corporate management) if you want to vent because they are the ones that control the purse strings.

When are upper management types not complete buffoons? It's a prerequisite. Those who can't - climb to the top.

I do feel bad about complaining and whining so much lately, but some of the recent decisions... hoo boy... and some of the lingering damage that's been done to the game and classes since the m17 overhaul...hooooo boy...
    Still, to be fair, the devs have done a lot of stuff that I like.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

It saddens me to say this but the crew at NW have too much on their plate with a crew that needs to be much larger in number and IMO more technically experienced. This is not a slight at those people because I think they are doing the best the can given the circumstances. Sadly, this is one of those instances where the carrot is just too far out of reach for them to ever catch it.

I have no doubt in my mind they really want NW to be great (again) and they are trying but it seems to me they are just in above their head and again I want to point out, I don't think it's any fault of theirs but rather upper management who has cut their budget and all that jazz.

We shall see.

I would ask don't throw your anger at the devs, they are honestly just trying to do their jobs. Hunt down people in upper (corporate management) if you want to vent because they are the ones that control the purse strings.

Please count the number of threads about TOO difficulty, TOO broken count, HP Missing, Queue systems, CTA Scaling, CTA Queue.

Now count how many answers we have.

Please understand that the lack of communication make the kindest people angry because not only they feel betrayed, but being taken for idiots.

But everything work as intended !
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    I am sorry but why do people need a post explaining on how to pvp? There already was a blog post that was referenced in the original post stating that the PVP season would start. Queuing for a pvp match is the exact same as queuing for a regular dungeon, why do we need it explained differently?

Also when you were leveling you were directed to the trade and blades for a quick primer on how to pvp. if you ignored or skipped through that then that is the not the Dev's fault.

Sure I agree that the communication from most of the Dev/community team is absolute garbage and their needs to be a lot more of it but what we do not need is random hand holding posts that explain things that are fairly obvious or already explained in game.
    edited September 2019
    akemnos said:

I am sorry but why do people need a post explaining on how to pvp? There already was a blog post that was referenced in the original post stating that the PVP season would start. Queuing for a pvp match is the exact same as queuing for a regular dungeon, why do we need it explained differently?

Also when you were leveling you were directed to the trade and blades for a quick primer on how to pvp. if you ignored or skipped through that then that is the not the Dev's fault.

Sure I agree that the communication from most of the Dev/community team is absolute garbage and their needs to be a lot more of it but what we do not need is random hand holding posts that explain things that are fairly obvious or already explained in game.

No, it's not. If you've never done the breadcrumb quests for PvP you have no PvP Q's in your list anywhere and no idea where to go or what to do to begin. Leveling was both a lot of levels ago, AND if you all recall the stupid NPC in the trade of blades was missing/broken for .. well I honestly don't know if he ever even came back so I have endgame toons still with no PvP access.

So, yes, the stuff is there, but also, YES, basic information when you start a new event is kind of a basic thing to draw in NEW PEOPLE to your NEW CONTENT. That should have also happened. This is basic, basic stuff that the game needs to be doing to keep itself healthy and they are not doing it. :)
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    Basic information was provided.

"PvP Seasons

We’re introducing a new Seasonal activity focused around PvP that you can participate in by queuing up for Domination or Domination Solo. By participating in 5 matches, you will then be entered into the Seasonal Ranking Leaderboard. At the end of the season you will be given Battle Trophies that can be exchanged to obtain the following items:"

I highlighted the important part. It directly tells you to queue for domination. The queues were explained through the tutorials and hey guess what there was a single tutorial mission at level 10 to go to the trade of blades and learn about PVP too.

As for him being missing, i dont remember that bug but it was not there when i made my last toon, so that is irrelevant to the issue. If you still haven't completed the "breadcrumb quest" for pvp than that is no ones fault but your own. learning how to queue for a pvp match is already in game and doesn't need a forum post or announcement stating on how to do it. By that logic it would be no different than including a step by step instruction on how to queue for the CTA or any other dungeon but strangely you didn't request for that to be done.

As previously stated the Dev team needs to be a lot more proactive in fixing issues and addressing our concerns to make this game healthy. What we dont need is to take away from what time they do have to hand hold people through things that are already explained properly in the game itself.
    Believe what you like, but that quest was flat out broken for the longest time. The NPC wouldn't talk to me and those characters if they open their Q have no PVP Q to Q into. I've learned since yesterday that they WANTED a soft opening though for this PVP preseason so if it was intentional I get it. I still think it's bad management to not lead people to the new content you just put in!