test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlock class is just terrible, please implement a class respec

13»

Comments

• mebalz#9859 mebalz Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    my soulweaver heals no death LOMM runs all the time. Soulweaver healers have to be good like DPS of warlocks that bad ones cant hide behind buffs of other classes any more to make up for a lack of skill on the players part. With the MOD 17 nerf on pallys and clerics also seeing a huge divide between pallys that are actually good and the ones that have not skill and just relied on how easy it was pre nerf.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    giz#2086 said:

A meme class...From "No subtlety here...You want to deal damage" to a "Great healer" when maybe lots of those healers are running that role for the incompetence of the DPS path. I feel so insulted when people say: Warlock is a good healer, because the class is nothing, just a cheap option when you can't find a Cleric or Oathkeeper, or when the group is looking for a Pillar of Power bot. And the DPS path is dead or just a shame.

I already memed enough about the class creation tagline, but ... it said you want to deal damage. It never said anything about actually having the capability to deal damage. :trollface:

At any rate, there have been some new DPS SW changes going on the preview server (see below link). I heard they weren't great, so better pull out the pitchforks while you guys have dev attention.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1252198/warlock-adjustments

• mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I let's see if it made any real diffrence. Removes hellfire exp 25% and increased magnitudes by less than 25%.....then added si stacks killing adds cursed. So aoe improvement and almost no change to aingle target. I'll have to try it out but seems minimal at best. Core mechanic missing burst and si stacks if based on puppet being alive means no real improvement at al in single target.
    Removed hellfire exp 25%, increased mag by less than 25%. Added aoe kill cursed targets and si stack. So, aoe improvement and single target burst lacking and same si stack delays, puppet dies loose stacks. Minimal improvement at best. Have to test, but not looking great.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    mongol69 said:

I let's see if it made any real diffrence. Removes hellfire exp 25% and increased magnitudes by less than 25%.....then added si stacks killing adds cursed. So aoe improvement and almost no change to aingle target. I'll have to try it out but seems minimal at best. Core mechanic missing burst and si stacks if based on puppet being alive means no real improvement at al in single target.

And not all magnitudes were increased, and remember we will be switching to additive buffs so its more than 25% nerf. Seriously, the will take a pally tank as dps before us
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Ingame and forum, if "pea brain" or simply a troll, the best way is simply to ignore those player ingame and in forum.
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I never seen anyone asking for warlock. All i see is - Need hr, tr or wizard with cap maxed and knows mech EXP fase 3 for ToMM.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    I dont get it why they make most mechanics "when something dies"... Cmon when things are dead is when i dont need the mechanics. Warlock Is great at killing empty spaces
  • legend#9825 legend Member Posts: 31 Arc User

my soulweaver heals no death LOMM runs all the time. Soulweaver healers have to be good like DPS of warlocks that bad ones cant hide behind buffs of other classes any more to make up for a lack of skill on the players part. With the MOD 17 nerf on pallys and clerics also seeing a huge divide between pallys that are actually good and the ones that have not skill and just relied on how easy it was pre nerf.

Soulweavers only works in party form.... They are useless in RAIDs like ToMM, and lack point and click area heals. Shatterspark only heals 5 players at a time... I HUGE issue I have in raids.
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User

mongol69 said:

Running tomm shows the extreme disparity, my max endgame warlock does less than 50% damage than any decent cw in full team deathless runs. Both have identical comps, grear, stats, mounts, etc.

The warlock dps is absolute garbage, it's a carry that every other dps class outperforms by leaps and bounds.

It's sad that warlocks can't even get a daily back 1 time per minute like every other dps class, it takes well over 90 seconds to get 1 daily.

Magnitudes extremely subpar and impossible to actually build buff mechanics with counterproductive feats or not even working like creeping death.

Honestly, a complete class rework appeara to be the only fix.

@asterdahl @noworries#8859 or any dev. Why can't dps warlocks be fixed and made at least viable?

I suggested to @noworries#8859 that the class needs an overall boost in magnitude and some synergy rework in order to perform effectively. Noworries just reworked creeping death but that isn't sufficient. Out dailies, and encounters need a boost in magnitude. In addition, our clumsy Risky Investment feat which takes about 70 seconds for a full 5x stack, then to have the pet die and reset the whole stack.... I suggested to remove the association of Risky Investment stacked to the pet, instead make it independent, so it won't reset when the pet dies.

BTW, the boost we, Hellbringers, need is roughly 30% to be comparable in damage....
    Lets be honest the creeping death rework is still FAR behind its counterpart feat and in my opinion @noworries#8859 wasted his time. I can only hope he is not finished with it and just wants to see how the base mechanic implements and interacts with other damage sources etc. Hopefully he will either make creeping death critical strike or increase the magnitude to 15 per stack to make it even half viable vs executioners gift
    edited January 2020
    So, once s team has full > @xavior44 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Lets be honest the creeping death rework is still FAR behind its counterpart feat and in my opinion @noworries#8859 wasted his time. I can only hope he is not finished with it and just wants to see how the base mechanic implements and interacts with other damage sources etc. Hopefully he will either make creeping death critical strike or increase the magnitude to 15 per stack to make it even half viable vs executioners gift

I would prefer they move it to oppose si stacking since it's such struggle to actually achieve 5 stacks in any useful scenario.

@legend#9825
    If your comparing damage using darkend journals with excessively high damage, that applies to almost every underperfoming dps being 30% behind when really much worse. Without darkend and using other artifacts to compare and the damage disparity gap increases to over 45%. Lets be honest, Darkend journals are a crutch. Once it has reduced damage then the gaps get larger again.

Same damage gap applies without certain scenarios with 2 warlocks in queue.

The stronger the group composition the larger the gap, 12 to 14min runs you see a larger disparity than average 18 to 20min runs. Core issue with warlock mechanics is that it requires longer runs to actually perform better.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • legend#9825 legend Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    xavior44 said:

mongol69 said:

Running tomm shows the extreme disparity, my max endgame warlock does less than 50% damage than any decent cw in full team deathless runs. Both have identical comps, grear, stats, mounts, etc.

The warlock dps is absolute garbage, it's a carry that every other dps class outperforms by leaps and bounds.

It's sad that warlocks can't even get a daily back 1 time per minute like every other dps class, it takes well over 90 seconds to get 1 daily.

Magnitudes extremely subpar and impossible to actually build buff mechanics with counterproductive feats or not even working like creeping death.

Honestly, a complete class rework appeara to be the only fix.

@asterdahl @noworries#8859 or any dev. Why can't dps warlocks be fixed and made at least viable?

I suggested to @noworries#8859 that the class needs an overall boost in magnitude and some synergy rework in order to perform effectively. Noworries just reworked creeping death but that isn't sufficient. Out dailies, and encounters need a boost in magnitude. In addition, our clumsy Risky Investment feat which takes about 70 seconds for a full 5x stack, then to have the pet die and reset the whole stack.... I suggested to remove the association of Risky Investment stacked to the pet, instead make it independent, so it won't reset when the pet dies.

BTW, the boost we, Hellbringers, need is roughly 30% to be comparable in damage....
    Lets be honest the creeping death rework is still FAR behind its counterpart feat and in my opinion @noworries#8859 wasted his time. I can only hope he is not finished with it and just wants to see how the base mechanic implements and interacts with other damage sources etc. Hopefully he will either make creeping death critical strike or increase the magnitude to 15 per stack to make it even half viable vs executioners gift
    Instead of 100 magnitude, it should be tested at around 200 magnitude to see the effect. 100 magnitude is too low. In addition, other feats ought to do additional damage. I would be contempt if "parting blasphemy" activated when applying a new curse so it may work in tandem with ACC and DC. Then you would have 100 magnitude reapply.

The reason why I stated the above... When I study the feats of CW's... One of the reasons why they overperform is due to the magnitude two of theirs feats (40 magnitude per chill stack & 80 magnitude when in CA) and 1 class feature does (100 magnitude 30% of time on crits). Its a total of 220 additional magnitude, on top of, the speed by which they cast their encounters of averaging 350 magnitude plus applying a debuff and damage buff party wide of 10% plus the 12% from chilling presence and 10% for arcane mastery... Their synergy is impressive and I challenge the developers to create such synergy for other classes.... Unlike SW synergy which is cumbersome and clumsy and take well over a minute to be fully buffed.... A CW can be fully buffed within 10sec of a battle.
  • evanapos#2515 evanapos Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The change to creeping death is a step to the right dirrection. I think this "I suggested to @noworries#8859 that the class needs an overall boost in magnitude and some synergy rework in order to perform effectively. Noworries just reworked creeping death but that isn't sufficient. Out dailies, and encounters need a boost in magnitude. In addition, our clumsy Risky Investment feat which takes about 70 seconds for a full 5x stack, then to have the pet die and reset the whole stack.... I suggested to remove the association of Risky Investment stacked to the pet, instead make it independent, so it won't reset when the pet dies." that Legend suggested is a great idea. Or something similar. In my opinion most classes still need minor adjustements but at least they did something now after 6 months of waiting and not later than they were planning. Thats an achievement that all of you in the community helped reach individually, through constant pressure about warlocks and the general balance. And they actually make it happen earlier so well done on that. Working "together" makes things better for both parties.
    I made a mini guide because I have a lot of people asking me about warlock and I think on pc right now most people play different.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TBvWPLLWJU&t=175s
    if you try this setup you will 100% see imrpovement in your dps. All those magnitude procs really make a difference in the long term. I did some runs and my damage was very close or higher than other classes. still if you compare a lategame class bis with a lategame bis warlock they will outperfom but not by that crazy amount pre mod 18. Hope you guys rek some butts in there <3
    edited March 2020
    Soulspark issues even with magnitude changes have made single target damage still a complete joke. Didnt think it was possible to yet again increase magnitudes and reduce damage output from this class a third time in a row, but I was wrong about that. We are now 3 mods in and even worse off than before, again.

But hey, I get about 5% more damage on adds
  • mmarius98mmarius98 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i spend a lot of my time and my money on the warlock hellbringer, and i have the most useless class in the game, where i need 50K power over a normal class to deal the same dmg, i think i am gonna let apart this game, because it.s about 2 years i’ve played, and we got minor changes on the warlock, and the class it.s clearly the most useless. I can’t play healer because my friends choose that role at the beginning, and i am not dealing enough dps for the latest dungeons.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I just want to state that while warlock needs to be fixed up, it can run all content and even carry endgame content. Zark, a warlock in Valaraukari Ascension (VA) was top dps in my first ever completion of ToMM just a few days ago, 6 dps/2 tanks/2 healers, so no, there was no 8 dps making up for lack of dps there. Also, in IC its more than been proven with under 100k power a group can succeed and I more than welcome warlocks into my party. I only play supports. Take time to learn from those who know the class well and not just use random encounters/dailies/feat and ignore the people crying about the class being useless, because its not.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I love Wizard, but a good game makes all its classes viable in endgame, in all intended roles, and Warlock SHOULD absolutely be a viable option for both, in ALL content.

10% more dps is not a very significant difference though lol. a class which has 10% less dps but at least 10% more survivability is just as viable as a squishier one with 10% more dps.
  • mtx26#4217 mtx26 Member Posts: 1 New User
    hello
    i am new to this game my question is there is a class with which you then have the opportunity to use two large swords (not daggers, i mean long swords) ??
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    > @gradii said:
    > I love Wizard, but a good game makes all its classes viable in endgame, in all intended roles, and Warlock SHOULD absolutely be a viable option for both, in ALL content.
    >
    > 10% more dps is not a very significant difference though lol. a class which has 10% less dps but at least 10% more survivability is just as viable as a squishier one with 10% more dps.

Unfortunately, the latter part isn’t always true.

Now that we’re starting to see some higher-end content with stricter DPS checks (assuming that more ToMM-like content is coming), a 10% drop vs. other DPS can be enough to banish a class from groups that aren’t made exclusively of their friends, especially at launch. When DPS is known to be tight, no one prefers to party with a class known to be at a disadvantage (this is a general note, not specific to Warlock or any other class).

Some survivability is necessary in more difficult content, but if we allow that it’s okay for DPS A to have a lower damage ceiling than DPS B because A is slightly sturdier, we end up with B being preferred in the end game and A being recommended for new players to solo with and maybe for PvP. My position has long been that the DPS classes need to have extremely similar damage capability while offering different play styles.
    Post edited by vorphied on
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited April 2020
    It's a case of inequality. A dc with 206k power before proc or potions can easily hit 260mil damage in a 20min tomm. A cw with 206k power can hit 240mil in a 20min tomm run. Guess where a warlock sits if the only warlock in group in a 20min run with 206k power, about 200m.

That's quite a gap...more than 10% at endgame. Now it's also TRUE a warlock or any class can still top the damage board if it's a 36min+ run with non maxed endgame players. But that doesn't mean the warlock isnt struggling at endgame in comparrison when playing at cieling potentials.

While on the other hand, with 8 dps warlocks one can easily hit 300mil+ in a 10min tomm run, benefiting from a broken mechanics untill patch goes live. But, still doesn't mean the warlocks in a good place. As to the new patch notes, creeping death will have a 10 stack cap on a target and is worded so that it will be the same problem as rogues had with bleed damage. So Warlocks will have reduced damage playing together in a group, so now warlocks will suffer an even larger damage gap if running together.

Comparing content with large amounts of aoe, it isn't the same comparrison as tomm, such as ic. No one is complaining that warlocks don't perform quite well in aoe.

Warlocks are still just waiting for properly working mechanics and balance.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

hello

i am new to this game my question is there is a class with which you then have the opportunity to use two large swords (not daggers, i mean long swords) ??

Melee Ranger