test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need recommendation to upgrade Sash/Necklace/Artifacts...Please!

prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
For the longest time I cannot find upgrades for my Vistani Sash and Necklace, both at 644. My other stuff is between 909 and 980. And, before you tell me to exchange crowns for the dealer in Yawning Portal...he doesn't have these unless I'm missing something obvious. I do see that the Undermountain store does have some better stuff (803/807 level), but they require a lot more Coalesced Magics currency than I have (and I have no idea how I accumulate that currency at this time). I keep trying to exchange Rune Etchings for a chance at gear and don't really come up with anything.

Also, I've been going around with the same artifacts forever now (locket/charm/mirror, which cannot be upgraded). I really need to seriously boost my power (at 90K now) and other scores. What are some artifacts to go after in auction (I'm a Thaumaturge Wizard).

TIA!

Comments

• Options
    Also, even though I'm 20K+ for IL, I was told to stay clear of LOMM until I have at least 120K power. How the heck do I gain another 30K Power? I'm slowly refining enchantments, but at best I increase 0.2K for each upgrade and those are getting more and more expensive.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    I could be wrong but I think the current Bis Set is still the old Orcus set.
    Demogorgon’s Girdle of Might, Baphomet’s Infernal Talisman, Shard of Orcus’ Ward
    They may not have the item level you like though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    prethen said:

Also, even though I'm 20K+ for IL, I was told to stay clear of LOMM until I have at least 120K power. How the heck do I gain another 30K Power? I'm slowly refining enchantments, but at best I increase 0.2K for each upgrade and those are getting more and more expensive.

Augment pet, Bonding runestones, companion gears with offensive slots with empowered runestones.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Run daily MEs for the coalesced magics.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    far as the neck an waist go i recommend the beaded set or the orcus set..... the beaded sash gives the +2 cha which can help wit the stats an all an the orcus set is great an bis dps wise..... augments (deepcrow hatchling) help with the power boosting an the bondings an then the gear for it equipd with emowered runestones an artifacts the decantur of atropal (or how ever its spelled) is great for mobs an the soulsight is great single target an then the new artifacts are good an couple of them help with the power as well
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I would NOT recommend the beaded set based on the +2 CHA bonus...which is a grand total of 1% of BASE companion stats extra...which is a pretty small increase, especially when compared to almost every other set bonus that gives a +% damage increase.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I would recommend getting the Demon Lord set as others have suggested. You also do not need 120k power to beat LoMM(although it does help!). As long as you have hit the offensive caps (68k Armor pene, crit, acc, and have decent CA) and can hold your own mimic lane in the first boss, you should be fine.
  • Options
    I actually did finally try out LOMM. Got past the mimics, but needed a little help. The Bore boss nailed me though.
  • Options
    sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I think every newbie should get a guild that can guide you and also guild boons are very useful. If you want to know how to improve your stats the fastest, you definitely must improve your bondings and get empowered runestones. It will be cheaper to upgrade them and your radiants to just rank 10 as they will get very expensive but give the same amount of power per upgrade.

Next step is to get Deepcrow hatchling that gives 6k power. Also i am not sure if you have one but get a apparatus of gond epic mount for around 400-500k and it should give you Insignia bonus Guile that makes you run faster and also 5k equip power.

Upgrade your gear from what you get from Undermountain by doing ME's / WE's and those should also give you power. Companions and insignias that give power are rather expensive so i would stay away from them for now.

You can also get trobriand's ring and upgrade to mythic to get 3k power but will cost a bit. Other than that, this should make you reach at least 110k and i did LOMM fairly easily with my dps cleric with that power. If you got beaten by the bore then its probably your healer to blame :)

The cheapest way to get power would be in my opinions the boons you get from campaigns. I would start sharandar asap and dread ring as they are the easiest. I would then move onto elemental evil and maze engine if you can't do them all together. Avoid Stormking at all costs and just get the completion token would be my advice.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

If you got beaten by the bore then its probably your healer to blame :)

Or less than 68k defense...
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

sobi#1980 said:

If you got beaten by the bore then its probably your healer to blame :)

Or less than 68k defense...
    Or no incoming healing to be helpful and a team player. Tacticals are your friend. Red circles are not.