test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming PvP Events & News

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2019 in News & Announcements
Greetings Adventurers!

With today’s patch resolving the issue with PvP Glory for players above level 70, we wanted to discuss some exciting PvP features coming soon in Neverwinter! On September 12 we will launch all new and improved PvP Seasons and Campaign! Future Developer Blogs will provide a more in-depth look at the upcoming PvP Seasons and Campaign.

With the launch of a new PvP Campaign, the current one will be removed from the game. Players who progressed through or completed the current PvP Campaign, we will be rewarded with the following starting on September 5:
  • Players who have completed at least 1 of the old PvP Campaign tasks will receive a box in their inventory upon logging in. The box will contain 5,000 AD for each completed task with a max of 150,000 AD.
  • If a player has completed all 30 tasks they will receive the AD box as well as a new title and in-game achievement named “Original Gladiator”.
Stay tuned for Developer Blogs and info on PvP-focused community streams and events!

Note: These dates are for PC only. Console information will be made available soon.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    150k AD is a laughable compensation. This campaign took multiple mods to progress. And the compensation for it can be earned in 2 days by everyone?

Also tanks are completely useless in pvp at the moment. Any plans on fixing that before the events?
    Post edited by cilginordek on
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    What about sorting the damage on classes like Barbs and Arbiter Clerics? Other's that come in mind are Warlock and Fighters.

All are miles away in DPS from the top 3 classes, and you want to consider making PVP without even balancing the classes?

The first step obviously would be to correct the multiplicative buffs that some gear/classes give and were suppose to be additive.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    I'm ok with having to start the campaign over.

I would like to see a more meaningful compensation than 150k AD for people who didn't have all tasks completed. 150k is barely anything and even just partial completion of this campaign takes lot of time and work.

Instead, I'd like to see something more permanent. A recolored mount skin for everyone with progress in this campaign or a second title for people who have less progress would be what I'd want to see.

I do like that at least the people who did the whole campaign will get a title.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    so you manged to remove the old pvp boons and offer a measly refund for time invested .. so the wrting on the wall is now for the devs to remove/ alter the guild pvp boons and offer a measly refund to the guild too while you are at it and make them rebuild their drain boons/ resists for something else ..fair is fair right ?

"Stay tuned for Developer Blogs and info on PvP-focused community streams and events!"

r
    can we get a reddit Q and A on pvp as well
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Really glad i never focused into PVP boons, i have some sure but never reklly worked for them, so i dont feel that hitted by the 5k for each point... really 5k is just ridiculous 150k is not enven 2days of ad faming and those boons took month to be achieved i'm sure of that...

Any word in other way to obtain barbarian tribe weapons from IWD pvp ? maybe changing it to some seal store since the extra scrimshaw currency bonus will vanish with the changes ?
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I'm happy with the new campaign and boons, just as I was happy to achieve the old ones. Getting some free cash is a bonus. Afterall those boons were useful for a long time. Don't see what there is to complain about on that score kalina.

As always, plz do something about drains.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Hmm.. How do I get this across? Plz change the rules of engagement for support classes. It should be different right from how we score points in matches. I can give you a story from my experience but we will save that for later. Next off, the campaign objective should be different objectives for supports for completion. It's stupid to even think that you want healers and tanks to go around doing double kills and triple kills, etc. For what we do provide, we are not really rewarded in both aspects. Plz consider it.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Rank 14 Shadowclad+sigil of the paladin make CWs immortal. Please fix/rebalance before starting the season, or it will be a joke. Met 2 CWs in a row today in PvP, both immortal. In 1 match they were against each others, and they literally got bored fighting on a node forever.
  • thyrannoothyrannoo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Thanks for deleting all PvP progress over the past years. Thank you for making me rerun a thousand kills and 100 match wins. And thanks for the awesome compensation, I really needed 150K.

Seriously, AT LEAST, give the progress that has been made before. You're just wiping out so many hours of gameplay for nothing here. Safe to say no one cares about 5K AD per unlock. To hell with that. Give the progress back, that's time the time, pain and effort put in.
  • Are we going to get drop events for PVE players (something like slight increase drop rate and the like even a increase gold rate and chance for AD would be great your AD system is still a little barren considering the item priceing of other things. plus pandering to the FortNight croud and the WOW people is two different issues...

Blizz is eventually going to try to overcharge for WOW classic, everyone knows it and they will return here...
    Epic is ANTI consumer their numbers are mostly fakes. they talk big but have no real gamer support thou they do fave the discount camgirls that refuse to call themself such to spyte how they act on twitch...

most of your competators and AAA game devs are absloute garbage right now. you have an opertunity to make a name for yourselfs bring back the PVE community you remember how big they were right? you have a chance to show these morons that call themself game devs how its really done. here is to hopeing this PVP event is sucssful for the PVP players and us PVEres get some forum of desired event to come our way.