Install Arc

Preservation wards not working

apex#7047 apex Member Posts: 4 Arc User
1. Log in as level 80 assassin rogue

2. Make sure you have "require wards" option on

3. Go to slotted rank 10 bonding runestones, refine while slotted

4. Put preservation wards in intended slot

5. Select "try once"

6. Watch as the preservation wards are not consumed and the upgrade tries 5 times consuming all reagents

7. Have support tell you the "require wards" option was off, despite it being on, then completely ignore that it is beside the point because the preservation wards were slotted (regardless of require wards option) during attempted upgrade that was only supposed to be attempted once, but instead tried 5 times consuming all Mark of Potency Rank 5s

8. Support tells you to make bug report on forums

Known variables at time of bug: Server not responding messages throughout the day, and longer than usual load times between instances

Observed result: Wards were slotted and used, yet did not function in preventing reagents from being consumed, and auto tried multiple times despite selecting the option "try once"

Expected Result: Wards that were slotted function properly, not consume reagents upon failure, and upgrade only attempts once when the option "try once" is selected

Comments

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Oww. I haven't heard of this happening before. A video of the event would have really helped. I don't know what could be done right now.

What did you lose anyways?
    FrozenFire
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Hmm, maybe I'm not alone then?

I lost 18 R6 Enchanted stones, and 12 R6 Marks of Potency, when trying to upgrade an Empowered runestone from R13 to R14, before I ran out of stones in my characters inventory.

I had 70+ wards in my inventory, and yes, I made sure that the ward was slotted, and used the auto upgrade option, and was very surprised when it gave a the message that refinement failed, due to running out of stones.

This was just when the Lliira celebration had started, and the server was laggging badly, so I think that might have something to do with it.

I never bothered putting in a ticket, since I knew they were just going to go to #7 on your list, but if this has happened to others, there might be something that needs to be looked into.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Okay then, I'll forward this. If anybody has a video, it'll be really helpful.
    FrozenFire
  • apex#7047 apex Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I lost 5 "mark of potency, rank 5"... not much, but i got them through buying 50 keys and got those 5 rank 5s out of the boxes, and thats the ONLY thing worth anything i got out of that $50, so it still hits where it hurts lol
    I was too confused as to what had just happened that i didnt think to record it... it went from "wha- how-- the wha-..." TO "**** it, im getting on netflix >:["
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hello! Escalating this issue for investigation!
  • ccs2009#5244 ccs2009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Sorry, I'm actually on PS4, but same issue here. Yesterday tried updating a staff of flowers from epic to legendary while equipped.....didn't take my wards but took my mark of potency's rank 5 - 3 times when it failed. 4th try succeeded
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    apex#7047 said:

I was too confused as to what had just happened that i didnt think to record it... it went from "wha- how-- the wha-..." TO "**** it, im getting on netflix >:["

Hi @apex#7047! Can you send me a message with your xbox gamertag and character/account names?

Thanks!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    lost 48 pres wards on rank 10, usually takes 8-9 wards or a bad run til 15-20 pres wards, but surprised it took all my 48 pres wards on 1 go, i did used auto til success.

apex#7047 said:

Hi @apex#7047! Can you send me a message with your xbox gamertag and character/account names?

Thanks!
    Messaged