test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stronghold Critters

tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
I just went into my stronghold and all of the critters on the entire map are in heroic event mode and are way too powerful even for my level 80 character, is this WAI?????

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    There are areas with easier foes, and then areas meant for groups. If you still to the Beast, spiders, devils, and drakes HE/free standing critters you should be able to solo. Everything requires a group or can be solo'd by an endgame player. Considering this is the Stronghold, there really does need to be group content on the map aside from just the HEs. Forming a group to go clear the area around a new build site makes getting that new boon structure seem more momentous, or at least is meant to have that effect.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    the critters I was talking about are not in any HE nor is there any HE active near them, they are just the grouped up ones all over the map and they are at "HE level", I need to upgrade a building and can't get near it with the "critters" that are at the "HE level" (meaning they are overly strong, their damage meter is bigger and the level 80 is in red), these same "critters" were not like this a week ago when I ran some smaller HE's on the map, I didn't see anything about this in the patch notes, unless I missed something

@nitocris83 is this WAI now??
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    tazz4now said:

the critters I was talking about are not in any HE nor is there any HE active near them, they are just the grouped up ones all over the map and they are at "HE level", I need to upgrade a building and can't get near it with the "critters" that are at the "HE level" (meaning they are overly strong, their damage meter is bigger and the level 80 is in red), these same "critters" were not like this a week ago when I ran some smaller HE's on the map

Like I said before, beasts, spiders, devils and drakes can be solo'd, everything else requires a group. Which is basically the humanoids (orcs/mercs/tribefolks/undead/thayans). I was not specific in meaning just the heroic encounters were that way. The free standing ones are the same level as the Tier 2 Heroics, and have always been like this since the start of M16.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    last week the "free standing ones were normal, I wonder if it has anything to do with our SH leveling up to level 7 since last week, which is the last time I went in and did any fighting with the "critters", all I know is last week they were normal and this week they aren't, the only thing that changed is the leveling of the SH, luckily I think I have one character that might be able to kill them so I can open up the "warehouse" bldg that these things are standing in front of, if they are at heroic level 2 now I'm not sure since I've only tried the small heroics with my level 80 character

EDIT: ok my level 80 character was able to kill the group in front of the "support" structure so I could get that going
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Yes, the critter gets stronger after SH upgrade. At least, that was how it behaved years ago.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    @plasticbat thank you, that explains it, I thought something was wrong when everything had the extra large red bar on each critter, they need to add that in the description of the upgrade, oh well at least I now know I'm not too crazy lol