Install Arc
Options

Its the GITH!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Umm...wouldn't the introduction of the Gith mean the next class (if there is one coming) is the Monk? If memory serves the Githyanki were mostly Psi warriors, mages, and guys with the really cool silver swords and the Githzerai were a bunch of monks.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited July 2019

LOL well it better be free playable race now, +2% Endurance and +1.5% Combat Advantage as the racial bonus.

Why doesn't it look more like this?

That just looks like a moon elf, someone chopped off the nose, and painted puke green.
    That art work is terrible...is that a sword in his pocket or :# ????
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Mindflayers' Deity, Cthulhu.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    that old 70's Gith was the lich lord.

edit for Lovecraftian in original monster manuel 1st print edition, the estates ask the TSR to remove Cthulhu mythos or face lawsuit, so, in theory, after they took out, and replaced with mindflayers and other deep creatures instead, Gith was added later for Fiend Folio, the British edition. Githyaki and Githzari (EQ's Erudites) version.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    You want to be very careful when crossing the Astral Plane when Gith are around...

Blood-Magic-Astral-Plane
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Anyway, i guess this new race will have better bonuses then the Dragonborn, since they want players to buy the race and/or the Race Reroll Tokens. And i guess if they sell the race in a pack, it will be around 20k ZEN like the Delver's Expedition thing.

In case anyone missed the Twitch stream from yesterday - the official word from the Mimic King is Gith race will be free for VIP players for 2 weeks after release, and all players (non-VIP) for 2 weeks after that.

If you fail to logon in the first 4 weeks after M17 release....then you have to pay.
  • Options
    grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    does that mean if we log in to create a character during that limited time after the Uprising mod release, we will be able to create gith characters (or use a race reroll token), and those characters will remain unlocked after that 2 week period ends?
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User

regenerde said:

Anyway, i guess this new race will have better bonuses then the Dragonborn, since they want players to buy the race and/or the Race Reroll Tokens. And i guess if they sell the race in a pack, it will be around 20k ZEN like the Delver's Expedition thing.

In case anyone missed the Twitch stream from yesterday - the official word from the Mimic King is Gith race will be free for VIP players for 2 weeks after release, and all players (non-VIP) for 2 weeks after that.

If you fail to logon in the first 4 weeks after M17 release....then you have to pay.
    Well, they might want to clarify if logging into the game during that time is enough to unlock the race, or if a player has to create a new Gith character or race reroll an existing character for it... so, players without a free character slot might have to pay anyway, and any new or returning players have to pay for that race later as well.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    regenerde said:

regenerde said:

Well, they might want to clarify if logging into the game during that time is enough to unlock the race, or if a player has to create a new Gith character or race reroll an existing character for it... so, players without a free character slot might have to pay anyway, and any new or returning players have to pay for that race later as well.
    i agree
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    *pries open a stuck door to a dusty wing in his brain*

Isn't the race named after a particular person named Gith who led a rebellion against the Illithids?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The Gith race will be free at first. Per the dev blog:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11206373-developer-blog:-gith

The gith race will be available free to VIP for the first 2 weeks of the module and afterwards free to everyone (including VIP) for the 2 weeks after that. After the initial 4 weeks, players who didn’t log in for the free gith will have to buy a pack to get access to this race.
    So.... if you want it for free, make sure to log in before the 5th week and you pay nothing.

As far as it's value, I too am a little meh about new races. It's good they're adding to the game, so can't fault them for that, but races are pretty meaningless. Even Dragonborn doesn't add all THAT much to gameplay - nothing you'd notice anyway aside from not being able to wear most hats and being a little too big to look good on any mount that shows your body. Still, Cryptic needs to keep making this kind of update to draw in new players. Yes, a class would have been better, but at least they're still adding to the game rather than putting it on autopilot (like they have with Champions Online, for example).

@eolee I love the Thunderous Grinchycat post - that was exactly what I thought when I first saw them too. :)