test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ballad Of Baphomet - Rogue can Roll to outer rim of platform through invisible wall

empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
I had this happen several times before the latest mod and just had it happen again. I had been careful to stay away from the edges but had it happen again today and it registered to me that I did a Roll right before I couldn't get back in. At this point can only use defeat me and go back into the fight. Probably other ways to get outside the invisible wall but the Rogue has been the only class I've seen it with in this fight. And until I finally learned to stay closer to the center happened at least 50% of the time with him.

Comments

• Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Same thing on the ps4.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for reporting!
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    This has actually existed for as long as I can remember with the fight.

Only with the Rogue and especially if Baphomet jumps and pushes you through the barrier. All you can do is die to restart then.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

Only with the Rogue and especially if Baphomet jumps and pushes you through the barrier. All you can do is die to restart then.

What he described is not exactly the same. He said he rolled right to get out and not being push by Baphomet or other GWF type enemy. Also, no, you don't have to die to restart that. As a TR, I killed Baphomet at least twice from outside. I needed to use VIP teleport to leave though (I probably could also do leave the instance).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

tgwolf said:

What he described is not exactly the same. He said he rolled right to get out and not being push by Baphomet or other GWF type enemy. Also, no, you don't have to die to restart that. As a TR, I killed Baphomet at least twice from outside. I needed to use VIP teleport to leave though (I probably could also do leave the instance).
    Baphomet might be pushing me at that point too since I am rolling to get out of the way.

And I figured there probably was some way to kill him through the barrier but nothing I came up with would get through to kill him.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    empalas said:

tgwolf said:

Baphomet might be pushing me at that point too since I am rolling to get out of the way.

And I figured there probably was some way to kill him through the barrier but nothing I came up with would get through to kill him.
    Used AOE attacks, path of blade and a daily attack (I forget the name). That was what I did before but I have not tried in mod 16 and hard to gain AP now. I probably had a pet too.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you go to the far side of the arena, it should cause you to exit combat. At this point, it us possible to summon a pet that will get through the barrier and eventually kill Balphomet. I used Vicious Dire Wolf. It takes awhile but less annoying than restarting.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother