test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Outgoing Healing

obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
There are 5 pets, an Artifact Set, and a couple of other sources of Outgoing Healing %. This used to be “too much” and widely considered a “waste” or bad option.

Now the converse is true the general advice for healers is that you must stack Outgoing Healing, you not only need the pets, you need them at Legendary.

Outgoing healing moved from a way to buff and support your character to a critical component of the character.

I would say this isn’t a desirable situation to find a role placed in, equipment shouldn’t be seen as mandatory to complete your role (outside of basic gear needed for all classes of course). It’s made worse of course because there is no class that is healer/healer, so this means you need 2 different sets of gear to complete both roles!

This is before we look at the issues of the Warlock as a specific healer, these are problems everyone who wants to play a healer has to contend with. Which again seems undesirable.
Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
Obsidian Oath - Warlock
A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.

Comments

• Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Its like the swordsman / sniper perk to a dps class. U can live without them but its best to have them.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    Everything in the game can be done without any Outgoing Healing bonuses.

Of course, it’s easier and more efficient with increased Outgoing Healing, but I wouldn’t call it anything close to mandatory.

I agree that Soulweaver still needs adjustment. Too many useless powers and too few decent healing options. Stacking Outgoing Healing helps more here since base numbers are low, but at the same time you see less of an improvement precisely because the starting magnitude is so low...
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    I’ve tried healing without Outgoing Healing, at 130k Power my heals are simply not adequate.

If your argument is I should have 150k or more power, I’m not sure that is any different. For my Paladin, I’m missing Dominance Insignia as a major source of power, the cheapest of which are 900k or so in the AH.... it’s actually about the same cost to make 1 Legendary Doninance as to make 1 Legendary Pet...

Hardly a move from “mandatory”...
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Imho it does make sense you need to invest something to get the chance of covering 1 more role, it's always better than build a new class from scratch (assuming all classes performing the same way lol). +50% from companion is most effective way and crazy expensive for sure, but at least it's not inventory-consuming.
  • Options
    ramesh84 said:

Imho it does make sense you need to invest something to get the chance of covering 1 more role, it's always better than build a new class from scratch (assuming all classes performing the same way lol). +50% from companion is most effective way and crazy expensive for sure, but at least it's not inventory-consuming.

Except that’s not what is needed to Tank. Fighter and Barbarian just build one way, and can tank fine with that same build because the goals of capping stats then stacking HP and Power work just fine for DPS and Tanking. Even Paladin tanks build this way.

Only healing has this pressure to have a unique set of gear.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options

ramesh84 said:

Except that’s not what is needed to Tank. Fighter and Barbarian just build one way, and can tank fine with that same build because the goals of capping stats then stacking HP and Power work just fine for DPS and Tanking. Even Paladin tanks build this way.

Paladin is an expensive class to play if u want to gear up for both role. But still that's a choice. U can gear up for just one of the role and focus on that role only. Then upgrade the other role when u have the extra AD. That's what I'm doing at the moment.
  • Options
    G
    kangkeok said:

Paladin is an expensive class to play if u want to gear up for both role. But still that's a choice. U can gear up for just one of the role and focus on that role only. Then upgrade the other role when u have the extra AD. That's what I'm doing at the moment.
    That’s kind of the point, that expense only exists if your 2nd role is healing.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options

G

kangkeok said:

That’s kind of the point, that expense only exists if your 2nd role is healing.
    Yeah well, on the bright side, paladin is guaranteed to get role bonus RAD from random que.
  • Options
    fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    No one needs outgoing healing at all. Or insane power to heal. Ive seen several clerics heal LoMM without any issues at 0% outgoing and around 100-110k power. I was healing LoMM since day one with around 5% outgoing and 120k power as both cleric and paladin. My outgoing came from ability scores. Had no pets, or artifacts too give it.

To call outgoing healing "mandatory and a must have for healers" means ur either not following mechanics, or not paying attention, or u wait until last moments always to heal.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    warlock has 2 types of gear 1 for dps 1 for healer, on the gear if it says warlock/wizard its dps gear, if it says warlock/paladin/cleric its healer gear, same applies to cleric dps gear if it says rogue/cleric/ranger its dps if it says warlock/paladin/cleric its healer gear, outgoing healing % is needed as well as having power and critical strike values close to each other, my cleric is not on top of the game right now but when running ME with high hp party members i manage to use less divinity as if i was when focusing on putting full power for heals, right now cleansing light is not removing partial paralysis (only removes the icon but the effect still stays on players @nitocris83 @mimicking#6533 @asterdahl anyone can pass it out to fix it, also blessed resilence master boon makes heals aplly a dizzy effect on player silencing sound while on effect of dizziness and iterrups the action player was doing when it proc on player)
  • Options
    arcanjo86 said:

warlock has 2 types of gear 1 for dps 1 for healer, on the gear if it says warlock/wizard its dps gear, if it says warlock/paladin/cleric its healer gear, same applies to cleric dps gear if it says rogue/cleric/ranger its dps if it says warlock/paladin/cleric its healer gear, outgoing healing % is needed as well as having power and critical strike values close to each other, my cleric is not on top of the game right now but when running ME with high hp party members i manage to use less divinity as if i was when focusing on putting full power for heals, right now cleansing light is not removing partial paralysis (only removes the icon but the effect still stays on players @nitocris83 @mimicking#6533 @asterdahl anyone can pass it out to fix it, also blessed resilence master boon makes heals aplly a dizzy effect on player silencing sound while on effect of dizziness and iterrups the action player was doing when it proc on player)

Outgoing healing isnt needed, and specially not for anything ME. Having power and crit close to each other means low geared starting healers will be able to keep up. But its never a good idea to remove power for crit to get more crit heals. The math doesnt add up in the end, and all u do is making everything harder on urself.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Basically the game raises every player's hit-points - then nerfs the healer's healing ability... but there are compensating workarounds, at least that's the way I understand it.
    DD~
  • Options
    dionchi said:

Basically the game raises every player's hit-points - then nerfs the healer's healing ability... but there are compensating workarounds, at least that's the way I understand it.

Most of my hit points came from expensive upgrades. But every time new gear comes out we get more HP. I think its a good thing though. With this mod ad the removed lifesteal, getting a good bump on hit points for almost everyone who decide to use new gear, makes it easier to adjust and not be dying all the time in solo content.

mod 15 i didnt care about HP, i had 160-180k or something, cant remember fully. Mod 16 i cared a little bit, upgraded some stuff invested a little bit into HP, now i have 350k+. And it made the loss of lifesteal much easier to overcome on both solo and dungeons.

About healers ability, aside from the warlock. Cleric is much stronger on healing than it ever was before. The paladin is now an active and unique healer, not just mark target, have bond, go afk. And its super strong right now.

All the compensating workarounds are often expensive and not needed. They can make ur life a bit easier, but again, none of them are needed for any current content.