test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FBI - Drufi ice attack freezing through shields

ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
As title states, during the Drufi fight in FBI, the ice was freezing pallies and fighters even though we had our shields up.

Pre-mod 16, putting your shield up granted immunity to being stuck inside the ice.
Post-mod 16, the immunity procs on screen but our toons all got stuck inside the ice anyway.

Not sure if this is a new intended behavior or a bug.

If it's intended it is very difficult for pallies and fighters to move out of the way of the ice in time. We have no dodge mechanic and now with movement stripped away all it takes is a little lag to spell doom.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks! I'll circle back with the team on this for insight.
  • mrdanthedeadman#3794 mrdanthedeadman Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I took it as more of a, you were never suppose to stand in the red zones to begin with. Rather than wait for the spots to telegraph pay attention to her animations, there's usually a second or two delay between that and her attacks. Waiting for the red zone to spawn is usually too late, especially since they don't show half the time. With the Ice Spire stuff she holds the sword aloft on her left side, see that get to stepping.
  • liambradshaw#2102 liambradshaw Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Watch the boss prepare the attack. It's easy to avoid if you notice the 10 year wind up.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    You both missed the entire point of the post.

In past mods, if you put up your shield in time, you were immune to being frozen as with most control effects.

I know how to move out of red and I know how to anticipate the attack.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my question is whether this lack of immunity is a new intended behavior or a bug.

smh reading comprehension