test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.110.20190519a.9

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11177473

Comments

• Options
    nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User

Celestial Lions Presence. any update on this one? It's a rather expensive companion to still have a non working equip bonus.
    tooltip says its a 10% damage buff. Observed: it buffs 1 attack once every 20 seconds.
    nobody uses companions now anyway, so it's not gonna hurt anything to let the ones who do have this 10% damage buff.....or maybe change it to do something else? just make it work!

Grung's Mesmerizing chirr has a debuff icon...thats fine and dandy and all, but what about the combat power grungs insight??????
    still doesn't work as described. tooltip states its a damage over time for 40 magnitude....Observed: its a single hit about once every 10 seconds for 4 magnitude.

Owlbear Cub: doesn't even proc once.

boons:
    Deathly Rage gives no Item Level currently on Live.
    (can we get 1-2 token free respec tokens for this boon fiasco?)

Soulweaver: soul scorch now has a cooldown timer......
    isn't soul scorch only for Hellbringer????

Bryn Shandar:
    Kavatos no longer wanders the ice fields.
    Why not? he wasn't hurting anything.

I was just about to mention the player bonus power on Grung. The enemies "light up" every 2 seconds for 10 seconds as if they are taking damage but they don't. Sometimes there's no damage at all, and other times it's one or two ticks of lower than advertised magnitude.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    This is a really solid patch notes thanks for that, fixing lots of issues.

However it's been 5 weeks since M16 hit live, I really hope the team understands how bad and broken the M16 was at its release and for the several weeks after.

Could we talk about the Watcher set, the Apprentice set and the Successor set please?
    - The Apprentice & Successor sets are bad and require an enormous runic HE grind. You don't seem to realize how LONG it is to get 1200 runes, and that's only for 1 piece of gear.
    - The Watcher set is a ridiculous joke that you should stop right there. The grind is totally insane, like really. And don't you ever tell me "some things are supposed to be hard to get", I'm a big grinder/farmer since I'm a collector. And after thousands and thousands of dungeons runs I still don't have a Green Owlbear so don't put that argument in front of me.
    The Watcher set require essences that drop less than 1/3 of your ME. Souls are there less than 1/20th of the time. (and I'm nice on this one since I needed 90 bosses to finally have one)/ You are not guaranteed a loot, since you can spend your essence and someone else get the loot (that's a huge facepalm). When you get loot you can get other classes' set.
    This. is. not. correct.
  • Options
    odt#4182 odt Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    nice update, but sadly no love to devout, again...
    all the same to me, no change and left behind...
  • Options
    mythrionnmythrionn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Thank you to the team. You did a great job this time.

• Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    No fixed for quests for master expedition? Its glitching for every char, cant get runes from chest, cant open the chest when i run alone.

No changes for clerics?
    Still no changes for SW to do some damage?
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    > @polaris1986 said:
    > No fixed for quests for master expedition? Its glitching for every char, cant get runes from chest, cant open the chest when i run alone.

How many crystals are you using per run?

> No changes for clerics?

Lots of changes, but most just Arbiter "tweaks".
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    > @adinosii said:
    > > @polaris1986 said:
    > > No fixed for quests for master expedition? Its glitching for every char, cant get runes from chest, cant open the chest when i run alone.
    >
    > How many crystals are you using per run?
    >
    > > No changes for clerics?
    >
    > Lots of changes, but most just Arbiter "tweaks".

I runned with party with 0-1-2-3 crystals, chest was opened but wasnt drop from it. Its about quest for making a sphere.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User

Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11177473

not happy about the teneb cap of 24000, as i boosted my hp on my rogue to 500k just so i can proc 40k damage with my tenebs on proc if and when it procs....

sure some players have close to 1,000,000 hp and could do serious damage but pfffft.... that would just be 80k spams of damage... which they would need due to lack of power from bolstering hp.

i am happy the enchantment works again... but disappointed in the changes to it. (meanwhile all other enchants go x2)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Good patch, now lets move on. Fix the lack of Ap gain on certain classes before i grow gray hair over reporting this 10 million times. I have several posts about it in the bugs report section.
    As someone stated earlier, you guys need to think about gear bonuses, succesor for dps is comeplete trash, its supposed to be one of the end game gear. From the 1k IL gear, only 1 or 2 are useful, the rest are aweful, mainly cos u guys are giving stuff like " 5% crit chance" as a bonus, when everyone is trying to drop 30k+ in crit. This only make some of the mod5 gear still better than most of the new gear.

As for the watcher set, i dont really care about it but yes the rng with loot in this mod is a complete joke, i also have several posts and suggestions about this. The watcher set is not best in slot, it should only be considered a leveling set just like alabaster, until you can afford burnished. If the burnished takes you 4 weeks to get, the watcher and alabaster sets shouldn't take you more. Common sense!

The fixes for Cw are a joke, there are other issues such as ST only hitting once, lightning bolt missing most of the time or only hitting the first enemy in a line, bonuses from ap are not working properly, mainly due to the Ap system itself being completely broken. Some encounters and at wills do not proc weapon enchants.

That being said, looking forward to another big patch, i'll just chill for now, and OH, im highly disappointed with the "10% hp reduction to enemies" going live, its a fix thats not needed, neither was the double enchantment stats, this is only going to make me lazy and not bother upgrading anything anymore, as we could already do LMM in 20mins, this will make it another mod15 cradle/tong speedruns. For a dungeon thats been out for less than a month, its a huge disappointment, the difficulty wasn't off, only minor bugs that needed addressing but im guessing this fix a just a lazy move to address scaling.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    lardeson said:

Good patch, now lets move on. Fix the lack of Ap gain on certain classes before i grow gray hair over reporting this 10 million times. I have several posts about it in the bugs report section.
    As someone stated earlier, you guys need to think about gear bonuses, succesor for dps is comeplete trash, its supposed to be one of the end game gear. From the 1k IL gear, only 1 or 2 are useful, the rest are aweful, mainly cos u guys are giving stuff like " 5% crit chance" as a bonus, when everyone is trying to drop 30k+ in crit. This only make some of the mod5 gear still better than most of the new gear.

As for the watcher set, i dont really care about it but yes the rng with loot in this mod is a complete joke, i also have several posts and suggestions about this. The watcher set is not best in slot, it should only be considered a leveling set just like alabaster, until you can afford burnished. If the burnished takes you 4 weeks to get, the watcher and alabaster sets shouldn't take you more. Common sense!

The fixes for Cw are a joke, there are other issues such as ST only hitting once, lightning bolt missing most of the time or only hitting the first enemy in a line, bonuses from ap are not working properly, mainly due to the Ap system itself being completely broken. Some encounters and at wills do not proc weapon enchants.

That being said, looking forward to another big patch, i'll just chill for now, and OH, im highly disappointed with the "10% hp reduction to enemies" going live, its a fix thats not needed, neither was the double enchantment stats, this is only going to make me lazy and not bother upgrading anything anymore, as we could already do LMM in 20mins, this will make it another mod15 cradle/tong speedruns. For a dungeon thats been out for less than a month, its a huge disappointment, the difficulty wasn't off, only minor bugs that needed addressing but im guessing this fix a just a lazy move to address scaling.

not everyone is bis.. or near bis
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    sinneblomsinneblom Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Great guys for all the rework and updates in this maintenance. Now please keep going on to fix all the other bugs and the rest what isn't work like it should be. I don't mind if you do 1 fix every day for a hour or so. Better then struggle every day in game with all that isn't work the way it should be wich only give frustration.
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    Great patch :) Lots of great fixes! My main is a GF the so what will personally affect me, just off the top of my head is the 10% buff to vengeance, fix to the Stronghold Cleric, more influence! Reave and Heavy Slash working on smaller enemies. Dread Warrior getting a size cap, I love being big, but sexy as me own HAMSTER maybe, I prefer to see what I'm killing!

Anyways, time to kill some spiders in my SH now, thanks again :)
  • Options
    lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

lardeson said:

not everyone is bis.. or near bis
    not everyone should be doing end game content, thats why you progress. you aim to be Bis and you dont even need to be Bis to do LMM, i was doing this with 90k power when it dropped and getting the mechanics right u can do it in ~30 mins without even being close to BiS, thats the type of challenge you'd expect from an end game dungeon.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • Options
    robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    1. Valhalla's Rebuke: The effectiveness of this set bonus is now 1% Damage Reduction per stack, down from 3%.
      Why did you do that? This is such a huge nerf for my tanks (at max stack size it was just 15% , and just for 6 secs, now it's just 5% ). Who on Dev team has no brains?
    2. I was reading the whole Patch notes and there is still NO FIX for COMPANIONS yet (they almost don't heal or do dmg in combat, they are at least 100 times less effective than they were before U16). Please fix companions. This should be top priority!
    3. Some mobs that do powerful attack (red circles) should have an increased casting time. For example, Golems in Dread Legion are more powerful than the end boss (my toons die from Golems, not from end boss), this can't be good. These Golems have two attacks with Red circles, the jumping one is a HUGE red circle, and there are two Golems at once. The result is that it's almost non stop red circles the whole fight (it means that there is no tactics involved, which makes it a boring fight, you just hit until you die, respawn, hit more, die, respawn, hit more, etc. until they die, no brains needed here since can't avoid red circles anyway = boring).

• Options
    fenris0187fenris0187 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Unsure, but is Perfect Balance (cleric arbiter feat) just not working anymore? I appreciate needing less stacks, but if it doesn't work, less stacks is pointless.
  • Options
    tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Welp, I can tell ya what wasn't fixed--Many Coins Bank. Might as well be in REQ with LoMM at this point. We gave up after losing the vault twice and dying numerous times...
  • Options
    robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User

Welp, I can tell ya what wasn't fixed--Many Coins Bank. Might as well be in REQ with LoMM at this point. We gave up after losing the vault twice and dying numerous times...

The problem is that they are fixing wrong things. It doesn't really matter how much hit points the vault has, when it's party wipe it will be destroyed anyway.

What they should do is this:
    If companions would start working again (healing, dps, tanking) then Many Coins Bank could be doable I think. It's a huge difference between no heals and nice heals in such places.
  • Options
    nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    lardeson said:

Don't even get me started on how abysmal lightning bolt is. It's been broken for a long time now.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW