test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Professions Bugs: Keep on making non+1 items even though I have 100% proficiency AND focus

2»

Comments

• Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    pitshade said:

I had a run of Workman's Cordials made with a forgehammer turn out about 40% normal when all should have been high quality.

Had an identical run within the last week or so. Repeating Workman's Cordial for 2ish days, got 51 normal, meaning the 100% focus from the mythic Forgehammer yielded the normal result 17 times. I know the exact number of failures because I had never created a normal Cordial on this character before this issue started, and the free ones you get from the quest line were long gone.

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have a number of characters making Blac Pearls using similar workers and tools.

Rona Farhill using an Oak Bucket +1 at max rank shows 100% focus and proficiency. On 11 of 12 characters, Rona is producing only high quality Blacklip Oysters. On the remaining one, she is making a mix of high quality and normal.

The same is true for the Jewelers crafting the Black Pearls. Workers vary but all have 100% proficiency and focus using Adamantine File +1. Again, 11 of these characters are recieving only high quality. The remaining character, the same one, is getting a mix again.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    Strangely enough, my main, who made the mixed batch of cordials using the Forgehammer, recently made 8 Oak Crossbows using the same tool. All of them came out HQ. It seems only some characters are affected but not across all professions.

Any dev reading this, 'Lerissa Balorfist' and 'Hanna the Horrible' are affected characters. In game username same as forum, no # after.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! The team continues to investigate this issue but there are no additional updates at this time.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

Hey folks! The team continues to investigate this issue but there are no additional updates at this time.

I tryed today for the first time with a legendary tool instead of forgehammer and 3 attempts, 3 +1 items. This is the first time I dont get normal items with 100% since long time ago so maybe is something with forgehammer (mithic)
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    I'm getting the bug with Oak Bucket +1 and Gold File +1 as well as a Mythic Forgehammer. Don't think the tool quality is what's causing it.
  • Options
    pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Feck me, how long does it take to solve this?

Send me the code, I've been a programmer for almost forty years... and I'll give it to my fourteen year old to fix. Jesus wept.

Real money spent on professions, all to have this cesspit of bugs.
  • Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User

There is a related issue, mentioned in other posts, where when the delivery box fills up, the first item (possibly others) that goes into 'overflow' gets it's production cancelled. So if I am making healing potions, linseed oil, and black ink, and the box overfills, and I enter the workshop and 'collect all', and check the box again after collecting, I notice that Black Ink and Healing Potions are still in production, but the Linseed Oil run has been cancelled. (These are all 'as many as possible runs', with plenty of materials and gold on hand)

This isn't 100% always, sometimes it does not cancel (usually when I catch the box before it has been full for too long), and I think once or twice it might have cancelled two item runs.

However, what I noticed today is that, when I use the sending stone to open my delivery box and collect all, nothing gets cancelled. I let the boxes overfill, I even left them overfull for a couple hours (which usually triggers a cancelled run), and did this dozens of times, no cancellations.

There is also another weird bug where, if you are in the shop, open your box, collect all, and notice that an item is almost ready to complete, so you stand there and wait for it to complete before leaving. Except it hits 0s on the timer and just sits there. Won't complete, can't collect, and you have relog (or possibly zone out and back, haven't tried that yet) to get it to complete.

Reason I mention this is, if your team is having trouble replicating problems, to make sure they are actually entering the workshop and completing items/using morale/collecting in the ways most crafters would, as opposed to using a quick shot of sending stone or some other atypical access method.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited June 2019

There is a related issue, mentioned in other posts, where when the delivery box fills up, the first item (possibly others) that goes into 'overflow' gets it's production cancelled. So if I am making healing potions, linseed oil, and black ink, and the box overfills, and I enter the workshop and 'collect all', and check the box again after collecting, I notice that Black Ink and Healing Potions are still in production, but the Linseed Oil run has been cancelled. (These are all 'as many as possible runs', with plenty of materials and gold on hand)

That might be fixed. I have the same order everyday and one of two orders was cancelled because of the delivery box filled up.
    Kind of get used to it and expected that.
    Not today though. The orders continued after I cleared the delivery box. Now, I may have a different issue (not something to be fixed by them) ... because one was not cancelled as I expected. lol.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    "There is also another weird bug where, if you are in the shop, open your box, collect all, and notice that an item is almost ready to complete, so you stand there and wait for it to complete before leaving. Except it hits 0s on the timer and just sits there. Won't complete, can't collect, and you have relog (or possibly zone out and back, haven't tried that yet) to get it to complete."

This affects remote crafting as well, worse because if you log out and in or change zones, the fee has to be paid again. Typically I see it when Miracle Worker procs twice. The second item will get hung up. Occasionally it will bug on the first item. However, this is an issue only with the delivery box. If you move to the workshop and claim the item, the next one will have progressed normally, so the stuck item isn't actually blocking anything, as far as I can see.