test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I was wrong about Bolster...

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,087 Arc User
I though Bolster did not work on augments - that is, it did not affect the stats they shared with players, but it turns out I was wrong.

I tested it on Preview - spent a million AD on getting one bolstering companion from epic to legendary, boosting the bolster from 13.5% to 14%.

My augment's Power went from 10.256 to 10277 - an increase of 21 points .. .which with 3x R15 bondings gave me an increase of 65 points.

So, there you have it. It works...it's just pretty much worthless.
Remember: This is a game...it is supposed to be fun...

Comments

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    adinosii said:

My augment's Power went from 10.256 to 10277 - an increase of 21 points .. .which with 3x R15 bondings gave me an increase of 65 points.

So, there you have it. It works...it's just pretty much worthless.

I basically agree about worthless, but it is worth mentioning that bolster will work on *all* stats, not just power. So it gives more than just 65 points power. If you take 65*8 stats that is 520 points.
  • photeus#7983 photeus Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    > @mentinmindmaker said:
    > My augment's Power went from 10.256 to 10277 - an increase of 21 points .. .which with 3x R15 bondings gave me an increase of 65 points.
    >
    > So, there you have it. It works...it's just pretty much worthless.
    >
    >
    > I basically agree about worthless, but it is worth mentioning that bolster will work on *all* stats, not just power. So it gives more than just 65 points power. If you take 65*8 stats that is 520 points.

Yeah, but with the 1000 per 1%, unless you're breaking over 1000 with those 65, I don't think you'd get anything at all
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,087 Arc User
    it works on all stats, yes..but Power was practically the only one that was not wasted, so I used that as an example.
    Remember: This is a game...it is supposed to be fun...
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    So we can just add it to the stacks of other things which are each relatively useless.

Potions? 1% bonus.
    Mounts? Gain a 50 stat bonus, which stacks 5 times, for a whopping one-quarter of a percent increase!
    Ability scores? One-quarter of a percent added to your damage!
    Enchantments? Next to worthless to upgrade, major expense for fractional bonus.
    Boons? Complete a boon! Gain one quarter of one percent increase to a single stat!

Obviously, someone is quite fond of .0025 fractions.

However, perhaps I'm not looking at the big picture. I suppose if you added all these fractions together you could almost increase your effectiveness by 8 or 9 percent!
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 1,807 Arc User

Obviously, someone is quite fond of .0025 fractions.

However, perhaps I'm not looking at the big picture. I suppose if you added all these fractions together you could almost increase your effectiveness by 8 or 9 percent!

I for one don't care for the whole campaign and game being just micro infusion buffs. This no longer is appealing to the game mechanic nerd herd, because the math is +0.25% per buff or maybe +3% for the whole campaign. I don't desire the current companion, mount, armor, etc.. About the only thing I have left, is to finish up campaigns I skipped over, like Chult and Acquisitions Incorporated. I am AD rich and there is nothing for me to buy.

All my friends, in the whale guild I belong to, already returned to their other games. I am alone again and in record time. Some beat the campaign and took off, others waited for the dungeon. But they are gone and won't be back until mod 17 drops. I don't know if any of them spent zen or bought zen or did anything other than beat the campaign and leave. One of them had the new Hellfire Engine as a mount, not that he will be using it this summer. Without some progression there is nothing left for them to accomplish.

With the weather improving, I will plan to do more things outdoors, but my Neverwinter activities will greatly reduce.

captain-slade.gif
  • navras#4653 navras Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Companion influence and bolster rate has close to zero effect to the augment stat sharings. Yet when they’re summed up into much bigger percentiges, like %30 comp influence, they make a good boost to your stats.