test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I was wrong about Bolster...

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
I though Bolster did not work on augments - that is, it did not affect the stats they shared with players, but it turns out I was wrong.

I tested it on Preview - spent a million AD on getting one bolstering companion from epic to legendary, boosting the bolster from 13.5% to 14%.

My augment's Power went from 10.256 to 10277 - an increase of 21 points .. .which with 3x R15 bondings gave me an increase of 65 points.

So, there you have it. It works...it's just pretty much worthless.
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    adinosii said:

My augment's Power went from 10.256 to 10277 - an increase of 21 points .. .which with 3x R15 bondings gave me an increase of 65 points.

So, there you have it. It works...it's just pretty much worthless.

I basically agree about worthless, but it is worth mentioning that bolster will work on *all* stats, not just power. So it gives more than just 65 points power. If you take 65*8 stats that is 520 points.
  • photeus#7983 photeus Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    > @mentinmindmaker said:
    > My augment's Power went from 10.256 to 10277 - an increase of 21 points .. .which with 3x R15 bondings gave me an increase of 65 points.
    >
    > So, there you have it. It works...it's just pretty much worthless.
    >
    >
    > I basically agree about worthless, but it is worth mentioning that bolster will work on *all* stats, not just power. So it gives more than just 65 points power. If you take 65*8 stats that is 520 points.

Yeah, but with the 1000 per 1%, unless you're breaking over 1000 with those 65, I don't think you'd get anything at all
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    it works on all stats, yes..but Power was practically the only one that was not wasted, so I used that as an example.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    So we can just add it to the stacks of other things which are each relatively useless.

Potions? 1% bonus.
    Mounts? Gain a 50 stat bonus, which stacks 5 times, for a whopping one-quarter of a percent increase!
    Ability scores? One-quarter of a percent added to your damage!
    Enchantments? Next to worthless to upgrade, major expense for fractional bonus.
    Boons? Complete a boon! Gain one quarter of one percent increase to a single stat!

Obviously, someone is quite fond of .0025 fractions.

However, perhaps I'm not looking at the big picture. I suppose if you added all these fractions together you could almost increase your effectiveness by 8 or 9 percent!
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

Obviously, someone is quite fond of .0025 fractions.

However, perhaps I'm not looking at the big picture. I suppose if you added all these fractions together you could almost increase your effectiveness by 8 or 9 percent!

I for one don't care for the whole campaign and game being just micro infusion buffs. This no longer is appealing to the game mechanic nerd herd, because the math is +0.25% per buff or maybe +3% for the whole campaign. I don't desire the current companion, mount, armor, etc.. About the only thing I have left, is to finish up campaigns I skipped over, like Chult and Acquisitions Incorporated. I am AD rich and there is nothing for me to buy.

All my friends, in the whale guild I belong to, already returned to their other games. I am alone again and in record time. Some beat the campaign and took off, others waited for the dungeon. But they are gone and won't be back until mod 17 drops. I don't know if any of them spent zen or bought zen or did anything other than beat the campaign and leave. One of them had the new Hellfire Engine as a mount, not that he will be using it this summer. Without some progression there is nothing left for them to accomplish.

With the weather improving, I will plan to do more things outdoors, but my Neverwinter activities will greatly reduce.

wb-cenders.gif
  • navras#4653 navras Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Companion influence and bolster rate has close to zero effect to the augment stat sharings. Yet when they’re summed up into much bigger percentiges, like %30 comp influence, they make a good boost to your stats.