test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bring back level scaling in Cult please!

mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
Ok, thought I would use a title that would get some attention.. but it is serious enough.

In Soshenstar River and Omu I am not level scaled, but item scaled. I run at 80, so mobs are not attacking, but my stats have lost some 30% of their value.

* If you scale items, you need to scale level too. We need to kill mobs in the zone for quests, and if you scale only items you force us to kill mobs as if we were level 70's without any reward from xp and drops. Item and level scaling need to be done in tandem.

* I would prefer for Chult to be both level and item scaled to 70. We need to run quests in Chult for Tong keys etc, and doing that in a grey area with no xp for kills is just boring. No tension, no rewards.

Comments

• drinkvernors#7197 drinkvernors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    The solution requires conversion of all content from Maze Engine to Barovia from item level basis to character level basis. Moving Undermountain to level 120 or whatever level is one above the last one needed for all the areas in between. Then item and character level scaling would work in tandem and function as I think the dev's intended it. You are experiencing the offshoot of trying to scale an area that is not distinct from Maze engine character-level-wise and so the char level is ignored.