Countdown alerts go through chat

Horse/supplies don't appear

Error message says "Mauarders Failed"

Have tested this 3 times in multiple stronghold, doesn't work, please fix

Comments

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Patch Notes: Version: NW.110.20190411b.22

The Stronghold Marauders event should no longer automatically fail.

Still automatically fails, please fix and test fix before deployment next time. great job
  • Options
    14 days, no status updates on fixing mauraders? good job @mimicking#6533 @nitocris83
  • Options
    still failing 50% of the time, FIX THIS NONSENSE

@mimicking#6533 @nitocris83
  • Options
    not in the latest patch notes. now rumors of mod 17. how can you not fix marauders??? is this a literacy issue, a competency issue, or a resource issue?

• Options
    deaddregerdeaddreger Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

not in the latest patch notes. now rumors of mod 17. how can you not fix marauders??? is this a literacy issue, a competency issue, or a resource issue?

LOL, you could add more reasons to that and a "some or all of the above".

Our guild tried several times without luck the past couple of weeks and we get the instant failed message. It really sucks as it's something we use to attempt to do together once a week. It seemed to work briefly after a patch some time after mod 16, but we could never beat the first catapult. Then they did the patch where the backed off the scaling in the stronghold, and we thought great.. maybe now we can beat it.. But, since then it was re-broken. I'm guessing they rolled back their fix when they rolled back the scaling in the stronghold and never bothered to re-implement the fix.

Anyway... You are not alone in wanting and waiting for them to re-fix this event.

WAI - Neverwinter fools!!!!!!
  • Options
    taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    We just tried to run Mauraders, but it instantly failed about the time Wave 1 was supposed to appear. Nothing showed up. No monsters appeared. Mauraders is essential for a guild. When will this be fixed??
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

We escalated again this issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    same issue on our alliance sometimes we get the first wave but nothing after that...
  • Options
    tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Still broken. Gathering influence to advance our stronghold with marauders broken like this is not exactly easy.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • Options
    They obviously don't care about strongholds or the people in them (guilds). It's been broken for 2 months. I hosted a daily mauraders for 2 years before module 16 came out. I have since abandoned even trying. Thanks for the great work cryptic.

So what next, as discussed with many people i socialize with. They have reduced the complexity of the game and the systems involved. The real test is to see what was the motivation for this streamlining. If the motivation was to free up resources to delivery either more content or higher quality content (less errors/more internal testing) then maybe it wasn't for nothing. If they did it just to reduce their production costs (i.e. we get no additional content and development quality is still poor) then we know the game is truly hurting for funding and support.

So far the response rate on fixing marauders doesn't give me much hope.
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    Sadly our Alliance has just killed their weekly run of this. Was a great event to help build the alliance and introduce new people to the other members. Sad how they keep wounding the players with this kind of glitch and slow response to fix. Way too many glitches and broken things in this game that are many months old. :'(
  • Options
    @percemer @mimicking#6533 @nitocris83

It's been about a month or so since we've heard anything about this! We had this same issue after mod 16 dropped and it was eventually fixed, but it got broken again after they reworked (or reverted?) scaling in the stronghold and has yet to be re-fixed! Please don't make me resort to using all caps! :lol:

Please guys, you did fix this issue once. Not that my guild has ever been able to pass the first wave since mod 16, but this instant fail really sucks and we've yet to be able to take down the first catapult and it always fails for us at the end of the first wave.

To make matters worse, in the last stream it was said that you were going to do no work or changes in the guild strongholds for mod 17 and all questions about marauders were completely ignored! Really? No love at all for guilds? I mean seriously, guilds not only help new players stay in the game to become old player, they also help keep old players in the game who otherwise wouldn't bother to play after going through most of the content.

Please, for heaven's sake, at least tell us what the heck is going on here and that you do still care about guilds and will maintain them and their functionality and do have things planned for the future. Or, are you at the point where it's more like, "OK, guilds are in and mostly work, on to better things and we never have to be bothered with them again." The lack of love for guilds is just sad.
  • Options
    kwiatdj1kwiatdj1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I have posted about this several times, most recently today. I am sick of getting my guild together for marauders thinking maybe you fixed it in last patch. This is pure incompetence or lack of caring or both. They make it so content is group based, which for alot of us means running as a guild. Marauders is a guild event and we should not be over looked like this.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @kwiatdj1

give it up, i have. if your guild is not GH20, join an existing GH20 since they have plenty of room since mod 16 came out. Then you get the boons and non of the stress of trying to level your own guild. It's obvious that guilds are dead content as far as @percemer / @mimicking#6533 / @nitocris83 are concerned.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Issue continues to be under investigation so we don't have any new updates.
  • Options
    @nitocris83 of course not, cause noone cares about the players or the guilds (the social network that keeps players semi interested while you troubleshoot half the game) else the investigation would take less than 3 months,

Same as not fixing CR or resolving why I spent 96 minutes waiting for a RAQ to proc tonight so i can load into CR, abandon it (taking penalty). Then what do you know, i don't have another 90 minutes to sit in queue then run a 30-60 minute long dungeon.

Is there any chance you guys can sell this IP to a developer that would at least pretend to care?
  • Options
    i ran marauders yesterday twice and success..... FINALLY
  • Options
    kwiatdj1 said:

i ran marauders yesterday twice and success..... FINALLY

It's random :(

@nitocris83
    I watched the live stream and thanks for answering my question! You guys mentioned that you thought you fixed it but then thought your fix didn't actually work... Well, what happened was...
    You did fix it. Then you reverted scaling in the stronghold and that also reverted/unfixed your fix. I mentioned this some time ago. I'm fairly sure that if you re-apply that fix to the current revision you would be re-fixing the fix you unfixed when you undid the scaling in the stronghold.
    Anyway, have your devs look at what they did when they thought they did fix it (because they did fix it and it did work) and have them make sure that fix is still in place.
    Lesson: When reverting code to a previous revision review all changes that will be reverted and make sure any changes that are fixes are reapplied if needed.
  • Options
    they dont care... never have ... never will... i will take my entire guild all 150 accounts to a new game and they will gladly follow me
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    Do we have any feedback on this? Is there even a plan to fix it? Between killing the Siege event and killing Marauders we are running out of things to have scheduled for the guild. It is important to the health of a guild to have some events that run weekly.

Please fix Marauders soon.
  • Options
    taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Is there an update on this? Our alliance just tried three times to start it in the Alliance's various Guild Strongholds, but it failed all three times. It is a lot of work to get a lot of people together to only have it end in failure three times.