test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Justicar Paladin Rotation & Suggestion for Class Mechanic in Mod 16

ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
edited May 2019 in The Citadel
This is my review of what is optimum to choose for Justicar (Tank) Paladin in PVE & minor fix suggestion to its class mechanic

I have done Tong & Lostmouth runs here is the Feats
Paladin PVE Feats

For Class Features
If you are playing with your friends their stats are capped so may be take the deflect one , I still live in the shadows of Mod 15 unfortunatly

So I went with Aura of Vengence 10 Magnitude when you or party member is hit ( It will happen alot so it adds even if it is little) this is increased to 20 when we have our Class Mechanic Active

For the other class feature Composure regenrating Divinity 10% Faster

For Atwills
Oath Strike & Shielding Strike

For Dailies
I went with Shield of Faith (For Party 5% heal and damage mitigation for daily needs to be buffed it is a daily not an atwill)
My Other Choice was Heroism (If I am my self in a pinch and need to ensure I don't die I use that)
Note: Divine Protector is redirecting damage of 1 team mate that is a trap in my opinion

To be honest our class features and Dailies need to be looked at in comparison to the fighter, there is huge difference

For Encounters

For Dungeons that are not scaled correctly & mobs hitting like a truck ( Dealing with Scaling)
Binding Oath (Stamina Regen) , Burning Light (Fast Stun to restore stamina without holding shield & using Shielding Strike ) , Vow of Enmity (AOE on Top Threat)

For Bosses
Binding Oath , Sacred Weapon , Vow of Enmity (No Smite & I will say why)

Vow of Enmity (can be used from Range & AOE & Puts you on top of the Threat & has no divinity consumbtion)

Corrected by : obsidiancran3 ty buddy ❤️ regarding vow of enmity

Why not use Smite with its class feature ?
Because it is grabs aggro without Divinity cost unlike smite ( Smite is a trap , don't use it ) & you are wasting a class feature slot on it

So we got our divinity still 85% Full what we are gonna use it for ?

Class Mechanic Divine Champion with the feat selected helps us to stand in big incoming AOE to save us
I don't like the whole concept of divine palisade cone because you can not convince your team mates to stand behind you and they wont stand especially wizards ( I main wizard & I am not putting my self infront of orcus Thank you very much) but life goes on & you gonna do what you need to do and that is Tanking for the Team.

@nitocris83 The only problem with the class mechanic is that the animation time to activate the power is not fast enough for different type of monsters. You got monsters whom have lower time to activate their aoe skills than others, so either review every monster in Neverwinter with AOE , or Make it faster to activate for the paladin.

Some fixing between the animation and power activation needs to be looked at so that the power is responsive enough

By the animation part when you press Tab the Paladin is puffing his chest to the front then power is activated
There is delay in power activation and why it is still not that convenient for dungeons (minor fixing & it is golden for paladin)

Here is a video elaborating what I mean
I am showing it from front and then at 0:21 Seconds from the side the chest puffing to the front

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHtPiH8pOU4

There is like 1.5 Second Delay notice the power fully activtated in the video at 0:23 from puffing the chest to having the power active & after all of that then you need to put your shield up & have divine palisade which has its own animation just to block an AOE too many steps & too much time is wasted & class mechanic is not efficent for Dungeon Runs especially against Bosses

Suggested Solution
If the shield of paladin is already being used & the player presses on the class mechanic (Tab) Divine Palisade is shown and Divine champion is activated in the background, this will save us from the hassle of fixing the animation & activation and will be great quality of life for paladin.

Post edited by ryonas on

Comments

• ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    For Armor Enchantment I use Elven for Stamina Regen & CC Immunity another contender is Eclipse
    Bronzewood #% Damage from all sources including party members

Note: Stamina Regen is activated when you are not holding your shield up so having it regenrate faster makes life little easier, negation is not used because we already can cap Defense Stat

Still don't know what is good to have for companion but one i am leaning to have is an obvious one chicken & Green Slime

I need confirmation from some one who tested frozen galeb dhur , would it activate its bonus if damage taken is mitigated by the shield or you need to lose hp to have it active
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    There is no Divinity cost on Vow, it’s why it has a 20s cool down.

That’s pretty much what I run.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2019

There is no Divinity cost on Vow, it’s why it has a 20s cool down.

That’s pretty much what I run.

Well I am an idiot , did not notice the tool tip :astonished:
  • srad600srad600 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I now use your build after finding this thread and I am very happy with it, so much so I have been linking this thread all over this forum lol. I also use an Elven Battle but I am using a Plaguefire enchant (which I share with other classes on my account)
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    I wonder at how fast you kill mimics using:
    "Binding Oath , Sacred Weapon , Vow of Enmity (No Smite & I will say why)"
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    For mimics you use Relentless Avenger, not binding oath
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Unfortunately Relentless Avenger is not enough, need Smite.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Thats because you have low power / crit / accuracy / CA. And still in the mimic phase, the tank should be with the healer in the same spot. I ran lots of parties and usually tank + healer doesnt have problems to manage 1 corner.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    On Arcturia I run Smite/RA/SW. Mimics die easily, and she keeps Divinity charged you can use Smite regularly.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.