test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Recurring Auction House Bug

theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
There is a recurring bug that has been going on off and on for years now, where when posting an item to the AH, it will say "Unable to post your items for sale. Items placed back in inventory."

Reattempting to post sets the default values to 0 AD; changing the desired sale price sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. It will often work by the third attempt, but sometimes takes 5 or more.

Class does not appear to have any impact.

Comments

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    this is happening again repeatedly right now for a lot of people in my guild, myself as well...unable to post anything as of this comment.
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    This bug keeps showing up, patch after patch after patch. It is such a profoundly irritating bug, and it would be really nice if devs could fix it.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    I don't think they fixed that at all. For me, it is a locking and timeout issue. It cannot get a lock to insert your AH request transaction within a time limit. Then, it rolls back the transaction as putting stuff back to your inventory. Depends on how you see it, it may not even be considered as a bug. It probably is a heavy traffic issue.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    This is typically due to a heavy traffic issue but we still look into it when reports re-emerge just to verify.