What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    ^^^ my experience as well
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

jim5769 said:

So far, the feedback for Mod16 from people playing on the preview shard has been overwhelmingly negative. Why did you feel the need to completely change up the game when rolling out this mod? How about leaving the game mechanics alone and fixing the existing bugs for a change instead of adding a whole host of new problems and changes that seem to be geared only at alienating and turning off the long-time players?

Honestly? They want to shed long times players because they don't buy as much Zen as new players. These changes are not in anyway really meant as a QoL change for anyone (including new players BTW) it's a way to generate more Zen and they want a simpler system to maintain with fewer and less experienced devs.

I also think there is some issues with the people making the changes not clearly understanding their customers or the basic tenets of D&D and also not understanding what they think in their mind is "the best" is really not "the best" thing for the game.

There probably will be in increase in players at first due to people wanting to see the see material but I would bet a steak and lobster dinner Zen purchases will hit the bottom once people realise that most things they buy with Zen make little to no difference in the overall game now.

this is a myth that keeps getting repeated but NO business wants to shed themselves of ANY player. log in numbers are money. that's why the daily key YOU HAVE TO LOG IN FOR. less players means less daily log ins. they are being short sighted NOT actively trying to get rid of long term players.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

jim5769 said:

So far, the feedback for Mod16 from people playing on the preview shard has been overwhelmingly negative. Why did you feel the need to completely change up the game when rolling out this mod? How about leaving the game mechanics alone and fixing the existing bugs for a change instead of adding a whole host of new problems and changes that seem to be geared only at alienating and turning off the long-time players?

Honestly? They want to shed long times players because they don't buy as much Zen as new players. These changes are not in anyway really meant as a QoL change for anyone (including new players BTW) it's a way to generate more Zen and they want a simpler system to maintain with fewer and less experienced devs.

I also think there is some issues with the people making the changes not clearly understanding their customers or the basic tenets of D&D and also not understanding what they think in their mind is "the best" is really not "the best" thing for the game.

There probably will be in increase in players at first due to people wanting to see the see material but I would bet a steak and lobster dinner Zen purchases will hit the bottom once people realise that most things they buy with Zen make little to no difference in the overall game now.

this is a myth that keeps getting repeated but NO business wants to shed themselves of ANY player. log in numbers are money. that's why the daily key YOU HAVE TO LOG IN FOR. less players means less daily log ins. they are being short sighted NOT actively trying to get rid of long term players.
    I don't think they are trying to get rid of long time players. Long time players still spend money on new thing if they find them worth their value in the game. In mod 16, the changes to companion would fall into that category and that can be an additional revenue stream. So, in theory, they want to attract new customers and get long time players to continue to spend on changes to the game. I think mod 16 will do both.

However, there is are a few issues I feel that will hurt them. First is combat is not engaging and that can have some financial loss. Current combat is slow, tedious and boring. At one point there was a discussion around lowering the cool down of encounters but to do so damage would have to be lower. As someone that enjoys faster combat I would have gladly taken lower encounter damage for lower cool downs if it makes combat more engaging.

Instead of the devs ended up lowering enemies health and damage from encounters and dailies to make at will damage stronger. Not sure where a communication breakdown occurred but from what I was reading players wanted faster use of encounters and we got the lower damage to encounters and dailies but enemies health was also reduce to make at will damage stronger. This change didn't change the pace of combat or make combat more engaging. It kept combat in the exact same state as it was previously and that is slow, boring and tedious. All three of these things are not how combat should feel in an action based MMO. To me the devs miss the ask by the community and went ahead with a change that really didn't help improve the flow of combat. This shows that the devs are not listening or playing the game they are working on to improve.

The other issues have been discussed heavily from removal feats impacting character customization, changes to stats impacting characters enchantments, etc...

To me the devs could have helped a bit by lowering damage of encounters while lowering cool downs to provide us combat that is a bit more engaging.

• mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    You know I'm going to try to stay positive at least with the encounter cooldowns; my main concern since recovery is gone. Choose encounters that are mostly low cooldowns. Not all of them are like 18-20 seconds. Some encounters are like 9.5 seconds, so that's not bad at all. So there is a brightside to at least managing in a way with choosing the lower cooldown encounters. It's not really a noticed perspective outlook, but looking over by video gameplay discussion from Silv3ry, I think there is some that are decent to actually manage. It's called compensating and even though I don't like it, I'm going to deal with it. I got to have that DPS! We need recharge speed somewhere in this game just a bit and it's more accurate than recovery. With recovery gone, long encounter cooldowns need to be reduced to 10-12 or 15 seconds and shorter cooldowns encounters need to be 7-8 seconds. 7.2% of 8 seconds is 7.4 seconds. Most of us only get %3 in this game from intelligence ability score; perhaps a bit more with elixir of fate (only for one hour :-1:) and campfire. All I'm asking is a bit of smooth gameplay for this game! But isn't charisma the recharge speed area now? If so? \o/ yay.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Deleted...
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User

jim5769 said:

I don't think they are trying to get rid of long time players. Long time players still spend money on new thing if they find them worth their value in the game. In mod 16, the changes to companion would fall into that category and that can be an additional revenue stream. So, in theory, they want to attract new customers and get long time players to continue to spend on changes to the game. I think mod 16 will do both.

However, there is are a few issues I feel that will hurt them. First is combat is not engaging and that can have some financial loss. Current combat is slow, tedious and boring. At one point there was a discussion around lowering the cool down of encounters but to do so damage would have to be lower. As someone that enjoys faster combat I would have gladly taken lower encounter damage for lower cool downs if it makes combat more engaging.

Instead of the devs ended up lowering enemies health and damage from encounters and dailies to make at will damage stronger. Not sure where a communication breakdown occurred but from what I was reading players wanted faster use of encounters and we got the lower damage to encounters and dailies but enemies health was also reduce to make at will damage stronger. This change didn't change the pace of combat or make combat more engaging. It kept combat in the exact same state as it was previously and that is slow, boring and tedious. All three of these things are not how combat should feel in an action based MMO. To me the devs miss the ask by the community and went ahead with a change that really didn't help improve the flow of combat. This shows that the devs are not listening or playing the game they are working on to improve.

The other issues have been discussed heavily from removal feats impacting character customization, changes to stats impacting characters enchantments, etc...

To me the devs could have helped a bit by lowering damage of encounters while lowering cool downs to provide us combat that is a bit more engaging.

Well i agree with the bulk of this assesment i think "This change didn't change the pace of combat..." is incorrect. The pace of combat feels way different to me on my wizard. With the long cooldowns i have to wait longer, and teleport around until mu control powers comeback up so i can move and damage foes. This means i am more often then not, caught in standstills, not moving forward in a dungeon, faffing about until my anemic encounter powers are back up. The at Wills feel no stronger and it is like throwing snowballs for all the good they seem to do in under-mountain. Encounters take longer, they aren't as fun while doing them and are more just sinks on my attention span now than anything else. And combat is the point of the game. A few enemy encounters are still good but many have just become tedious. And since the powered are carved up among the paragons i can't pick and chose the powers that get me through the situation most efficiently. I would say the pace of combat isn't the same at all, it is way worse.

I favored NWO over ESO because i liked the faster paced dynamic but efficient combat, now i am migrating back to ESO because ESO is more dynamic than what most Mod16 comabt offers. I am not abandoning NWO just yet but it certainly will have far less to offer me come tomorrow.

Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    mod 15: 19 enchants with round 1200 statvalue at 400:1% = 19*3% individuality (6 of them in comp. count "double")

mod16: 19 enchants with round 1200 statvalue at 1000:1% = 19*1,2% individuality (6 of them from comp. if you have companien gear with 2 slots, counting double but having half value).

And all that capped with scaling.
    New dungeon is weeks away, "old" dungeon is all we can do for AD, but not with this form of scaling.

If 90% of players could not get their daily AD they rant and then they leave.
    "lets see how it works" is no solution.
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    really hope all this bad dev decisions pay for it in terms of income to keep the game rolling.

i doubt it tho.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Scaling should not be using preset values to bring players down below their current levels.

Simply reduce stats by a set %. For example - between level 70-80, the difference in having 100% Armor Penetration is 5% (you need 60k at 80, 57k at 70). Therefore, when you scale a player, scale their ArP stat down 5%. There. Done. Simple. Repeat for all other stats (% will vary; CA is only a 3% reduction, for instance). This rewards players for hitting targets at 80, without penalizing them when they get scaled back.

Where is the reward for hitting these stat targets if we can't ever use them?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    bpstuart said:

jim5769 said:

Well i agree with the bulk of this assesment i think "This change didn't change the pace of combat..." is incorrect. The pace of combat feels way different to me on my wizard. With the long cooldowns i have to wait longer, and teleport around until mu control powers comeback up so i can move and damage foes. This means i am more often then not, caught in standstills, not moving forward in a dungeon, faffing about until my anemic encounter powers are back up. The at Wills feel no stronger and it is like throwing snowballs for all the good they seem to do in under-mountain. Encounters take longer, they aren't as fun while doing them and are more just sinks on my attention span now than anything else. And combat is the point of the game. A few enemy encounters are still good but many have just become tedious. And since the powered are carved up among the paragons i can't pick and chose the powers that get me through the situation most efficiently. I would say the pace of combat isn't the same at all, it is way worse.

I favored NWO over ESO because i liked the faster paced dynamic but efficient combat, now i am migrating back to ESO because ESO is more dynamic than what most Mod16 comabt offers. I am not abandoning NWO just yet but it certainly will have far less to offer me come tomorrow.

You are not alone. I stopped playing ESO around 260 CP. I will probably be spending some extra time there as well. They also have new content coming out early June with a new class, Necromancer.
  • nabidi2nabidi2 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    so the comments are looking increasingly negative and the whiteknights don't seem to be keeping up. i've honestly never seen such a high percentage of a player base united against changes without some form of capitulation from devs. Silv3ry is the calmest most positive person i've seen in almost any game. When she makes a depressing video about NW dying that gets 4x more views (12k) than this game has Steam players and every comment (650) is negative/quitting, it might be time to swallow your pride and take a long hard look at your failure.

• feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Things that would have been a better idea than 1) introducing a slow, weak combat system that nobody wants 2) failing to balance the classes, as usual 3) failing to fix the mess left behind by mod 15's +1 items failure 4) removing two useful stats and replacing them with new stats no one really understands or wants 5) introducing a badly flawed scaling system that makes it difficult to earn daily AD or campaign boons for alts 6) introducing a new companion system that no one asked for or quite understands and 7) conspicuously ignoring almost all players' concerns along the way:

1) Mod 16: Fishing, Fishing and More Fishing! The Shameful Pleasures of Old Boots
    2) Mod 16: Return to the Cloaked Ascendancy: Grind Forever With No Bag Space!
    3) Mod 16: Dragon Zerg Meets HE Zerg: The Joy Of Running In Circles
    4) Mod 16: We Renamed Every Boss RNG Since It's The Only Real Opponent Anyway
    5) Mod 16: Even More Refinement! (oh wait, that is part of mod 16)
    6) Mod 16: It's Just The Push-Pull. Nothing But The Push-Pull.
    7) Mod 16: Endless MW IV Quests When Your Only Tool Is A Mythic Forgehammer
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Anyone feel like it's the calm before the storm?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    nabidi2 said:

so the comments are looking increasingly negative and the whiteknights don't seem to be keeping up. i've honestly never seen such a high percentage of a player base united against changes without some form of capitulation from devs. Silv3ry is the calmest most positive person i've seen in almost any game. When she makes a depressing video about NW dying that gets 4x more views (12k) than this game has Steam players and every comment (650) is negative/quitting, it might be time to swallow your pride and take a long hard look at your failure.

Welcome to Mod 6 -- oops, Mod 16. They're going to steamroll this puppy out no matter what the players think, and we'll just have to like it.

Yes, this is sarcasm.

Just last night I learned that several people in our alliance notified their guild leader that they'll be quitting the game over Mod 16. This is not what one might call a good sign.

Are the devs listening? Probably. Are they taking our concerns about the new capping into account? I'll take "things that didn't happen" for $100, Alex.

Yes, this is more sarcasm.

We'll know the final verdict from the players at large in a few days but if Mod 16 was a stock I'd be short-selling it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Things that would have been a better idea than 1) introducing a slow, weak combat system that nobody wants 2) failing to balance the classes, as usual 3) failing to fix the mess left behind by mod 15's +1 items failure 4) removing two useful stats and replacing them with new stats no one really understands or wants 5) introducing a badly flawed scaling system that makes it difficult to earn daily AD or campaign boons for alts 6) introducing a new companion system that no one asked for or quite understands and 7) conspicuously ignoring almost all players' concerns along the way:

1) Mod 16: Fishing, Fishing and More Fishing! The Shameful Pleasures of Old Boots
    2) Mod 16: Return to the Cloaked Ascendancy: Grind Forever With No Bag Space!
    3) Mod 16: Dragon Zerg Meets HE Zerg: The Joy Of Running In Circles
    4) Mod 16: We Renamed Every Boss RNG Since It's The Only Real Opponent Anyway
    5) Mod 16: Even More Refinement! (oh wait, that is part of mod 16)
    6) Mod 16: It's Just The Push-Pull. Nothing But The Push-Pull.
    7) Mod 16: Endless MW IV Quests When Your Only Tool Is A Mythic Forgehammer

Ooo - don't forget Grinding/Mining/Collecting Black Ice and Voninblod because QUESTS.
  • lilbittypretty1#8021 lilbittypretty1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    > this is a myth that keeps getting repeated but NO business wants to shed themselves of ANY player. log in numbers are money. that's why the daily key YOU HAVE TO LOG IN FOR. less players means less daily log ins. they are being short sighted NOT actively trying to get rid of long term players.

I'm not sure it's a complete myth. I'm sure they do want to retain as much of their player base as possible. But unfortunately the main thing they are forgetting (for not only nw but for mtg and any other game they plan on releasing) is that word of mouth is a heavy hitter. Alienating a large portion of their playerbase in favor of drawing in new players that spend money is a grand idea in theory but gaming is a pretty close knit community no matter what the games are. The word that cryptic has basically screwed over and didn't listen to their community will spread. Unhappy people are negative and negativity spreads like wildfire. New players that would have been brought in (read:have been brought in in the past) by old players who love the game and want to share it will diminish. And if you make the playerbase angry enough they will warn off new players in an effort for them not to be screwed the same way as they felt they were. And by breaking that trust with the community and the community fighting back with negativity, any future games could be in jeopardy as well. The biggest thing with me was the lack of response from devs on certain classes while they threw their all in certain others. You cannot play favorites when your goal is balancing. I'm willing to spot mod 16 a chance due to my long time love of the game. But honestly, based on the way this was handled, the lack of respect for the community, and 3 years worth of work, money time and effort down the drain , I think the game has changed too much for me to stay. And I will make sure that every single one of my 430+ friends list knows it if I'm unhappy. My opinion may not matter much here but it does to them. And then their friends will listen to them. And so on and so on. I can only hope that cryptic decides to step off its pedestal and start listening before it's too late.
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    All you doom sayers are funny. The mod isn't *that* bad if you sit down and actually play it rather than coming up with theories based on what others are saying. Especially you "long time player" posters...
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

All you doom sayers are funny. The mod isn't *that* bad if you sit down and actually play it rather than coming up with theories based on what others are saying. Especially you "long time player" posters...

The mod per se isn't bad at all. The problem is related with all content pre-lvl 80 and scalling issues. IMO I'm really satisfied with companions and powers/feats/boons changes, but the scalling is so hard that sometimes it feels like a hard cap on status and atributes; I don't wanna play a game that lower lvl zones are harder to run than top end content... it's just frustrating. I really hope they fix those scalling issues asap.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    The fact that they're hard-capping "scaled" content to specific stats begs the question: why even HAVE stats if we're all forced to be exactly the same? They should just gray out all of our stats, HP, etc. in capped content since it's the same for everyone.

Of course I don't think they should do this. I'm making the point of how asinine capping stats is. As for myself, I've started looking at the Razer Game Store again. Mod 16 is looking more and more like one I'll sit out.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    HP boons aside from Stronghold HP boon are not working.
    I found it not possible to exchange 10 power points for 400k RAD.
    Scaling in general needs polishing as you already know, Heroic Encounters in Undermountain need it as well.
    Loadout changing and Campfires. Either put campfires everywhere or allow us to change loadouts anywhere as long as we are not in combat and regardless of Artifact/belt slot cooldowns.

Run time of dungeons increased but rewards are the same. Why run CR for 1 hour to get like 20k RAD?
    With scaling being bad so far people are only safe and have guaranteed success in Random Leveling Queue. How to make RAD and do we really need 100k daily limit for refining AD? Has it solved anything? Has ZAX increase to 750 solved anything?
    Combat system against single targets(bosses) depends too much on At-wills, overall decrease of cooldowns is required. If aoe fights in dungeons will last much longer than before m16 then every class should have a capable aoe Atwill and they dont have.
    Ice blocks in Svardborg need to have their HP lowered since they are required to be killed fast, like Souls in TONG, like the portal from Sisters of Strahd in CR....

A random feedback from CR run with a pre-made party yesterday. We started the Sisters of Strahd fight, we fought her like 3 minutes and I used two or three Shocking Executions on her and we barely got her to 70% HP... GF tank has issues keeping the aggro, I dont know if it's his fault or the class has issues with it. I didnt want to spend hours for nothing and I abandoned it right there. Question I have is, even if we manage to kill her in reasonable time, how will we kill the soul portal that spawns and needs to be killed ASAP? Everything except that Daily probably wont even dent that thing and dailies are available once every blue moon, encounters have long cooldowns and all we have are Atwills which deal no damage...

Why does seal vendor require 300 seals now to give 1k RAD?
    Lava rain on Twin Scorpions in eLoL is not visible enough, there is no more the clear red circle.
    Lava in Lostmauth fight one shots now.
    Why are combat companions nerfed so much that Augments present a better option?
    Energon's HP ability should fit into defensive slots, instead of Utility slots.
    Combat companions are staying far behind the players, they need to follow da Mastah!

Legendary/Legacy Flail Snail needs his Equip power increased, compared to other mounts it is left behind. When stat mounts had 4k stat the gain was 10% with 400:1 system(worked for Power with 0 as base, ArPen gave even more I imagine), now with 1000:1 system the stat mounts have increase to 10.000 stat and are back to being 10% benefit. Back in old system Snails were 25% and they didnt receive a buff in new system, they need to go back to 25% to make them any relevant. Even with DC sigil, AP gain necklace and if Snail would be 25% it would not make Daily powers spammable and they would still be used once a minute. It would at least reward that AP gain specc in some way while 10% AP gain makes Snail not worth it nor worth it to specc into AP gain.

Arcane Whirlwind idle animation is bugged and well as animation during jumps, the palms are facing upwards instead downwards and the jumping animation is not how it was at all, now instead we have some weird exercise-like movement.
    New gear pieces are inferior to old gear that we have from lvl70. Either buff new ones or nerf old ones.

I am not getting any runes from Heroic Encounters while a party member is getting them.
    The Hulk Thoons in Throne of the Dwarven Gods are bugged and are not sprinting towards the doors.
    We cant see the buff icons of potions and food that we have used.
    The enemies in Tiamat and Manycoins Bank Heist are too strong, making them too hard, unfitting for Random Intermediate Queue.
    Fire on the ground in Illusionist's Gambit deals too high damage.
    Correct me if this is not a bug but the 1000 IL gear from Expeditions is not dropping.
    The Wyvern-coated artifact tends to fire in direction of mobs instead in the direction where the player is facing.
    Post edited by blur#5900 on
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

Anyone feel like it's the calm before the storm?

Dude...
    how bad are the storms where you live, if you think THIS is the calm bit???
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    blur#5900 said:

HP boons aside from Stronghold HP boon are not working.
    I found it not possible to exchange 10 power points for 400k RAD.
    Scaling in general needs polishing as you already know, Heroic Encounters in Undermountain need it as well.
    I am not getting any runes from Heroic Encounters while a party member is getting them.
    Run time of dungeons increased but rewards are the same. Why run CR for 1 hour to get like 20k RAD?
    With scaling being bad so far people are only safe and have guaranteed success in Random Leveling Queue. How to make RAD and do we really need 100k daily limit for refining AD? Has it solved anything? Has ZAX increase to 750 solved anything?
    Combat system against single targets(bosses) depends too much on At-wills, overall decrease of cooldowns is required. If aoe fights in dungeons will last much longer than before m16 then every class should have a capable aoe Atwill and they dont have.

A random feedback from CR run with a pre-made party yesterday. We started the Sisters of Strahd fight, we fought her like 3 minutes and I used two or three Shocking Executions on her and we barely got her to 70% HP... GF tank has issues keeping the aggro, I dont know if it's his fault or the class has issues with it. I didnt want to spend hours for nothing and I abandoned it right there. Question I have is, even if we manage to kill her in reasonable time, how will we kill the soul portal that spawns and needs to be killed ASAP? Everything except that Daily probably wont even dent that thing and dailies are available once every blue moon, encounters have long cooldowns and all we have are Atwills which deal no damage...

The thing is, they've taken a very basic approach to dealing with the massive problem they created for themselves by introducing a new, and totally unnecessary increase to Max Level.

Scaling down only addresses the basic battle stats, and makes things tougher or easier depending on which way the scaling goes. The problem IS... that for a while now high end content wasn't just built on battle stats, but on complex mechanics that are difficult based on the players' capacity to work together. Those mechanics on end game content rely on the players being "end game" ready and assumes they have the stats to deal with the battle stat stuff going on while the mechanics are attacking them a different way.

But... on to my point...
    There was no need at all to raise the level cap from 70 to 80. There... I said it.
    It was a "Ooh... LOOK Neverwinter has increased the level cap! WOW!" it has NO legitimate reason for existing in the structure of the game and in fact is the main reason scaling is such a mess.
    IF we were all still L70, then scaling would be far easier to manage.
    OR... if all dungeons and zones were changed to L80, the scaling would be far easier to manage.
    Because the entire structure of the game changed it was possible to make character exactly the way they are now but call it Level 50... or 100... whatever they wanted. 80 made it look like characters were getting BETTER.

Level 80 is just a cheap gimmick and we all bought it.

Just think on how many zones are L70...
    Level 70 is no longer special... it's just another step on the ladder to L80. There is no sense in making it seem so by having all those zones, from Dread ring to Barovia, set at 70.
    NO ONE is enterring Dread Ring at L70, and coming out the other End at Barovia after running all that content STILL at Level 70.

It is POINTLESS to keep anything above Icewind Dale at L70, and even IWD could be bumped, along with all the stuff in it.

Instead of trying to kneecap and hobble the characters down to what is nothing more than a "I dunno... try THAT number..." mode of Scaling per zone, raise the content to 80, and have the players tackle it as L80.
    Fo all new players that will give them the chance to go back into those zones at a level/scale that matches what we all had. Instead of rushing to Undermountain then attempting to go back into the old L70 stuff and find even the most basic new L80 scaled down to a point where they are not only unable to grow within the content, but unable to complete much of it.

Where is the point in playing SO MUCH content without the capacity for player growth?
    This module may well draw in new players, but it is not set up to KEEP them playing once they hit L80. Unless the goal is to have people not play that L70 stuff, but just wallow in the glory of Expeditions till Mod 17 takes our breath away with 9 new dungeons, 6 new skirmishes, and half a dozen new campaign zones, each with its own plot and structure.
    (That's a joke by the way...)
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

Today I had the pleasure of running FBI. A difficult dungeon as it had to be, more possible. Our group took about 40 mins and none got angry about the weather. The reward has discouraged a bit, and this needs to be reviewed. Dev's use the FBI as an example of success for all others, because currently almost all content is impossible to complete. Tiamat Devil giving hk, Souls of the last Boss of ToNG with excess HP, first Boss of MSP bugged and CR this nor I prefer to comment, since since it was released always had its defects. There is still hope!
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Today I had the pleasure of running FBI. A difficult dungeon as it had to be, more possible. Our group took about 40 mins and none got angry about the weather. The reward has discouraged a bit, and this needs to be reviewed. Dev's use the FBI as an example of success for all others, because currently almost all content is impossible to complete. Tiamat Devil giving hk, Souls of the last Boss of ToNG with excess HP, first Boss of MSP bugged and CR this nor I prefer to comment, since since it was released always had its defects. There is still hope!

FBI feels like a good example of how the 70 dungeon scaling should work across the board.

It's slower to complete than before (just like everything else), but I think that pick-up groups should find it more accessible in M16.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH