What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="iamsmokingone#2455"> >went back after about 2 weeks away from preview to see if anything had changed. scaling is very messed up. at lvl 80 i have 246k max hp and 80k power. scaled to level 70 for castle never it put me at 148k max hp....80k less than i currently have on live at level 70 and 43k power...still getting 1 shotted by the 1st Glabrazu for an unblockable and non mitagatable 348000 dmg</blockquote>

Actually I think your scaling is working as intended (or close to it at least). The issue is with the mobs, which are too strong. I suggest posting a log in the thread about unexpected difficulty and deaths.

<blockquote class="Quote" rel="iamsmokingone#2455"> >did some testing with a friend who also plays cleric. my friend was lvl 70 and me lvl 80. we went to well of dragons and did a few Heroics. in a normal zone i have 80k power 24k arpen, 33k critical strike. but scaled to level 70 i had 43k power 17k apren and 22k critical strike. we tried the dungeon epic shores of tuern and it was even worse. my power went down to 37k, while my friend at level 70 with module 15 gear had much higher stats and did 2x my dps.... them at 15k IL me at 20.8k.
    is this really balance?</blockquote>

I think this is working as intended too. You see, at level 80 you have maybe average stats for a lvl 80, so you get scaled down to an "average" lvl 70 in WoD. Your friend at 15K IL is actually pretty high-geared for WoD, and as he is just level 70, he does not get scaled, he remains strong.

There are issues with the scaling, which is only partly proportional. Say you have two lvl 80 players, one IL 21K and the other IL 16K. There is probably a very significant difference in their performance. Once they get scaled down, their will be much closer to each other. This is partially because some things like enchants get scaled down to the same number - one may have a full set of R14 enchants and the other a full set of R10 enchants, but both sets basically get scaled down to exactly the same number....the enchants don't get scaled proportionally.

Anyhow...the real issue with scaling seems to be with the mobs, bit the player scaling, which (as I said), seems to be mostly WAI.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Or is fun. If I wanted to get my HAMSTER kicked by yetis like a brand new 70, I'd strip naked and dance in snow. This new scaling is NOT fun.
  • Options
    mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    The Assist Man is the best advice for feedback! Everything that's stated from The Assist Man is basically the feedback from the community as a whole.

ALL FROM YOUTUBE

The Things I Want To See Tweaked & Changed In Mod 16 Neverwinter So Far - My Opinions[-From The Assist Man]

And also please watch Neverwinter Mod 16 Has Me A Bit Worried - Is It Too Much Too Fast?[-From The Assist Man]

EDIT: RESPECTING THE FORUMS (OOPS) NOTICED SLIGHT PROFANITY/VULGAR in one of the videos, but still it's not derogatory towards the developers directly calling them by insult, just constructive criticism. It's like stating they need to do this and get rid of this ****. Sorry I'm trying to give the feedback, but seriously I can't remove PROFANITY/VULGAR from the videos. All I know these videos are the BEST FEEDBACK for all the developers to look at and understand the community as a whole.

• Options
    mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Not to be a hamster, but how is one video by one person a good representation of "everyone"? You like and agree with what he says, that's cool, but it's better to say that instead of claiming to speak for everyone.

Well, have you watched them? I mean I watched the videos and he bases it off the whole community by feedback, suggestions, and also his own opinions. Though a lot of the feedback is quite concurred with the community itself from his own opinions too.

Let me ask you, what don't you not like about Mod 16? I know there's progress, but it's still a mess by connections by how everything works for the classes. Personally I would like the play the same, but with slight improvement, which is the same thought as everyone else. Trying to get this in order is creating a mess for disaster! I'm reading the community else where and personally seeing the Like or views, this is the majority! 98+ comments on one video are basically disappointment and discussing that Mod 16 is a mess. I've been following his videos and also looking at other videos from other YouTube Streamers. I'm stating the community wants to play the same, but with improvements. 2K views, but if 98+ comments are disappointment stated how Mod 16 is right now, that's the community as a whole! Everywhere I look it's not pretty.
  • Options
    Not sure where to put this so:

At least one of the gear pieces awarded from Icespire Peak quests is lower item level and stats than the gear awarded from the previous zone's quests. I think it was a pair of arms but I forget which quest. My tablet was dead last night when I was doing it; I apologise.
  • Options
    bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User

Well now that we have a release date of April 23rd i feel a little better knowing it has more time to bake. It being a little gooey in the middle upon release was a worry of mine because as much as i have complained recently, i didn't want this to be bad. I really want to stick with the game for a few more years.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Where did the New Character button go on Preview? Is it coming back?

I'd like to check out the updates to the interface - the overview video posted with devs today showed some changes.
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    mwk said:

The Assist Man is the best advice for feedback! Everything that's stated from The Assist Man is basically the feedback from the community as a whole.

ALL FROM YOUTUBE

The Things I Want To See Tweaked & Changed In Mod 16 Neverwinter So Far - My Opinions[-From The Assist Man]

And also please watch Neverwinter Mod 16 Has Me A Bit Worried - Is It Too Much Too Fast?[-From The Assist Man]

EDIT: RESPECTING THE FORUMS (OOPS) NOTICED SLIGHT PROFANITY/VULGAR in one of the videos, but still it's not derogatory towards the developers directly calling them by insult, just constructive criticism. It's like stating they need to do this and get rid of this ****. Sorry I'm trying to give the feedback, but seriously I can't remove PROFANITY/VULGAR from the videos. All I know these videos are the BEST FEEDBACK for all the developers to look at and understand the community as a whole.

It may be your feedback and from amore 269 people because atm it has 270likes, but i did see the the first but didnt tried the second one because the guy didnt even played on preview, he is talking from what other people say, most of he's statemants start with "i ear they are changing..." what can HE say about...

Theres a tread about mod 16 predicts and i remmeber i talked abou a level increase, and some people talked about a full class balance, i also remeber (cant say if was in the foruns on my alliance discord) that some people agreed (i was one of them) that was better to just release a new game with new classes because was just to hard to fix what we have on live, was just too much work...

When the first leaks hitted the youtube someone linked that to me and i didnt belived because i feared that they didnt had man power to do such a big change, and after the professions rework release i feared they would not be able to do it.

But i went to preview, played since day 1 from open preview server, i've seen how much has changed (looks at barbarian, and fighters for exemple) i see they working on the new mechanics and by doing that changed my opinion...

I do believe the changes will work, with a smaller and more controlable system the bugs will go down faster and we may in pne or 2 mods get a new class that we are waiting forever to get becuse the system is easyer to deal with...

This mod will not come bug free (no mod ever is) but i belive it will work on time.

Just wanted to state that i disagree with you, and with the video, and remmeber that the number of views dont mean the number of likes he has, plus people often share videos that express theyr opinion with others that agree with them, so is hard to take that as a measure...

Really hope the next weeks can make you agree with me and not the opposite.

(sorry for any mistake english not my native language, and is self-taught)
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    There are a lot of companion bonuses not present that were possible: +.5% to 2.5% APgain, recharge rate, and at-will damage boosts. I know control is wanted on these stats, but seriously, the most recharge rate a player could get would be like 30% with every single method maxed (at great sacrifice I might add). On top of that, 30% reduced recharge rate is only 23% actual reduction because of the way it is calculated: ( recharge reduction / recharge reduction +100 ) = Actual reduction. On top of that, recharge does not affect cast times. In my opinion, recharge is not the boogeyman. +1% recharge rate confers between .25% and .5% extra damage output.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

There are a lot of companion bonuses not present that were possible: +.5% to 2.5% APgain, recharge rate, and at-will damage boosts. I know control is wanted on these stats, but seriously, the most recharge rate a player could get would be like 30% with every single method maxed (at great sacrifice I might add). On top of that, 30% reduced recharge rate is only 23% actual reduction because of the way it is calculated: ( recharge reduction / recharge reduction +100 ) = Actual reduction. On top of that, recharge does not affect cast times. In my opinion, recharge is not the boogeyman. +1% recharge rate confers between .25% and .5% extra damage output.

Mod 15's recharge rates were a bit absurd, but I do fundamentally agree: recharge speed isn't the problem.
  • Options
    Well, the absurd amount of it is part of the problem.
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Deleted

• Options
    edited March 2019
    micky1p00 said:

With all the slower combat, paragon changes, etc..

Please allow to swap loadouts everywhere outside of combat.

The limited campfires are just a hassle, and many times in dungeons a player need to go back before the boss room to swap after the boss is dead. Not to mention large maps for non-group /dailys stuff.
    This will also allow players to at least somewhere enjoy the newly made different paragons and the differences they offer, and not stuck with one.

I would love to see this as:
    VIP can change loadouts anytime out of combat
    non-VIP can only change loadouts at campfires.

with one condition: Paragon-switching loadouts can only be performed from a Guild Hall, or major City.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    micky1p00 said:

micky1p00 said:

The limited campfires are just a hassle, and many times in dungeons a player need to go back before the boss room to swap after the boss is dead. Not to mention large maps for non-group /dailys stuff.
    This will also allow players to at least somewhere enjoy the newly made different paragons and the differences they offer, and not stuck with one.

with one condition: Paragon-switching loadouts can only be performed from a Guild Hall, or major City.
    Why then I need paragons? Or more correctly what is the point of making all those paragons viable if I can't use them.
    Is this some roleplaying restriction or something?
    You would be able to switch Paragons in any of the mapped cities. The idea is to prevent players from switching between paragons between each combat. This might be fun.. but its very unrealistic. On the other hand, swithing between "same paragon" loadouts between combats adds a lot of diversity. You could make a loadout for a specific enemy group, or switch between AoE and Single Target build without having to run to a campfire or "hand-slide" 5 skills & items.
  • Options
    lordwinoslordwinos Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Tried the shard 3 times now 1 with a TR and twice with a Cleric both lv 70 with decent equipment.
    both are NOW in the shard SUPER SQUISHEY neither could stay alive long enough to have any fun at all.
    seems you need to spend massive amounts of gold on healing potions but they won't keep you alive long either as the cooldown will kill you unless you RUN RUN RUN away. I've been playing since 2015 and have achieved VIP 12+ (won't let it lapse) but just might quit altogether if the shard is any example of the expected nerf's
    Look at what they did to the professions (ruined as far as I'm concerned) cost 5million to get where I was before the changes and not to mention the High cost in gold for very little return) the equipment I can make isn't as good as what you can buy for seals of the brave. nice work PWI turning a decent game into TRASH
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

micky1p00 said:

micky1p00 said:

Why then I need paragons? Or more correctly what is the point of making all those paragons viable if I can't use them.
    Is this some roleplaying restriction or something?
    You would be able to switch Paragons in any of the mapped cities. The idea is to prevent players from switching between paragons between each combat. This might be fun.. but its very unrealistic. On the other hand, swithing between "same paragon" loadouts between combats adds a lot of diversity. You could make a loadout for a specific enemy group, or switch between AoE and Single Target build without having to run to a campfire or "hand-slide" 5 skills & items.
    And what exactly is the problem swapping paragons between each combat? That is exactly the point of having viable paragons, so I can use them.
    What for I need a semi ranged paragon if I need to go to the city to use it. Changing paragons per circumstance, is not only realistic, it is the point of having them.
    This is a game, an action MMORPG not a walk to town snooze simulator.
    It would be nice to be able to switch from my AOE build to my single target build right before facing off against an adventure boss, after all.