Install Arc
Options

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• Options
    motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    adinosii said:

kangkeok said:

Missing Healer role will apply -95% healing depression, Missing tank role will apply -95% defense and deflect and missing dps will apply all 3, -95% damage, -95% healing depression and -95% defence & deflect.

This has to be one of the worst suggestions I have ever heard. It deserves to die. Painfully.
    Its sarcasm, although probably not noted by the guy who suggested it ...
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @barbie#2808 said:
    >
    >
    > How about this:
    > Whenever a TANK or a HEAL will switch their role to DPS, a window will pop sayin the instance will be closed in 60s unless someone else is switchin to a TANK or HEAL again, therefor giving the flexibility to swap TANK or HEAL .

That just becomes a vector for someone to unilaterally vote to abandon an instance they don't like.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

Who is there to punish? The debuff are just to make sure people maintain the 3 core role in their party. U wont get debuff if all 3 role are there. U only get debuff when one of the role isn't filled. The freedom to do run 2 tank 2 healer 1 dps are still there just not as efficient as 3/1/1.

Everyone that you would debuff is being punished. Everyone that wants to run the dungeon in something other than a 1/1/3 set-up, including everyone that wants to try to run or finish a dungeon short-handed.

How can you propose a massive debuff on anyone and then ask who would be punished by it?

Look, random queues are going to be 1/1/3. That's the way it's set up now.

After that? What do you care what someone in a private queue does? Why is it important to you that the game have a debuff system that will make anything but the 1/1/3 set-up extra-difficult let alone impossible, which is what your proposal is?

I would argue that it is good that people in a private queue could run other set-ups because that could help the devs tune dungeons for the 1/1/3 party.

They identify where 1/1/3 might be struggling by seeing where the premades are switching and tune those encounters.
    That tuning makes those dungeons not only better for randoms but also stands to eliminate any benefit that someone might think that a non-standard group offers, which in turn could cause a reduction in premades thinking that they "need" dual-role classes above DPS/DPS classes.
  • Options
    bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Counter proposal, reward groups with strange or non-optimal composition with goodies, achievements or guild stronghold trophies to encourage people to just have fun with the game instead of proposing punishments not fallowing some predefined optimal schema. By the Abyss even a little title like "Courtesan of Disaster" or " Party Jester" even.

They went so far as to homogenize the versatility out of each class in the name of reducing the meta or whatever so why not reward people for going nuts. That would be in the spirit of D&D and we are loosing much of that spirit in Mod 16. Why not put a little back. Be zanny, be weird, do a naked run on Tiamat. Encourage FUN.

One of the few times i grouped up was in STO and we had a horrible composition, we all challenged the crystalline entity with an utter garbage fire of a fleet but i have never laughed so much or had such a blast as i did with that disaster of an attack.

Sounds terrible? it was if optimization is all you care about. Having a blast with strangers on the internet was a win for me.

Though fine either way, i am solo-trash so whatever the group dynamics end up being i will be fine. ( or dead )
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • Options
    deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Just force 1 healer, 1 tank, 3 dps, pick what you are when queuing, you cannot que if you are not in the right paragon spec you wish to que as.

Ex. If you are in the Cleric DPS paragon you cannot que as healer, if you are a ranger you cannot que anything but DPS, and so on and so forth. how hard would this be?.

Or let the system set you a role automated, if you play a tank paragon you will be a tank in the que not DPS, etc.

When you que in private, you can bring what you want in the dungeon.
  • Options

Just force 1 healer, 1 tank, 3 dps, pick what you are when queuing, you cannot que if you are not in the right paragon spec you wish to que as.

Ex. If you are in the Cleric DPS paragon you cannot que as healer, if you are a ranger you cannot que anything but DPS, and so on and so forth. how hard would this be?. When you que in private, you can bring what you want in the dungeon.

Or have a setting. A little box that says "que with optimal group composition" that can be checked or unchecked so people have a choice. A "Do you want the pre-planed set up or do you want to do your own thing" set of options would give everyone what they want.

More options not fewer usually leads to happier players.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Im OK either way its done, but there are other options too. They could sell a re-useable consumable item: "Periapt of Transformation". This item could not be used unless slotted in one of the three consumable slots. When slotted, it goes on 300 second cooldown. Having this item in a consumables slot allows a player to change to a any loadout at a campfire. Without this item, only a loadout of the same paragon would be allowed when in a dungeon or during a trial.
  • Options
    Really like the new enemies, some of them are a blast to fight. I am digging the Demi-litch and the GraveMaster. How ever....

Some Enemies stop dead in the middle of combat. They stand there while i pound on them. Strangely in this state they seem to take less damage. They are not frozen by any of my control powers they just stop.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @motu999#9953 said:
    > Missing Healer role will apply -95% healing depression, Missing tank role will apply -95% defense and deflect and missing dps will apply all 3, -95% damage, -95% healing depression and -95% defence & deflect.
    >
    > This has to be one of the worst suggestions I have ever heard. It deserves to die. Painfully.
    >
    >
    > Its sarcasm, although probably not noted by the guy who suggested it ...

Someone is getting a r/wooosh here.
    Is it me?
    I think it's me.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User

It's called "Cowl of the Royal Reserve". I've used colors like "Masquerade Dye" with "Black Dye" to mask certain areas. Prior to that there was either Rex Corona or Cowl of the Dead used, I'm unsure. I change things a lot.

I dunno. I'm kinda getting used to it. I call it Invisiquack.

hustin1 said:

So perhaps there's hope that the Hexbane Hood will have visuals for female characters someday -- which is ironic since Marion Hexbane is female.

Both these issues should be fixed in next week's patch. The "Cowl of Royal Reserve" will no longer remove the player's head when equipped, and "Hexbane's Hood" now displays visuals when equipped by a female character.
    Alright! The Hexbane Hood has had that bug since launch!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    My wife discovered this bug with the Long-Braid hairstyle on her new Drow character(could not embed):
    https://imgur.com/a/ClXyO1C

Basically, if the circlet were an inch or two higher, gamescale, it would be a nonissue, but as it is, it bisects the ears and looks quite uncomfortable.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited March 2019

kangkeok said:

Who is there to punish? The debuff are just to make sure people maintain the 3 core role in their party. U wont get debuff if all 3 role are there. U only get debuff when one of the role isn't filled. The freedom to do run 2 tank 2 healer 1 dps are still there just not as efficient as 3/1/1.

Everyone that you would debuff is being punished. Everyone that wants to run the dungeon in something other than a 1/1/3 set-up, including everyone that wants to try to run or finish a dungeon short-handed.

How can you propose a massive debuff on anyone and then ask who would be punished by it?

Look, random queues are going to be 1/1/3. That's the way it's set up now.

After that? What do you care what someone in a private queue does? Why is it important to you that the game have a debuff system that will make anything but the 1/1/3 set-up extra-difficult let alone impossible, which is what your proposal is?

I would argue that it is good that people in a private queue could run other set-ups because that could help the devs tune dungeons for the 1/1/3 party.

They identify where 1/1/3 might be struggling by seeing where the premades are switching and tune those encounters.
    That tuning makes those dungeons not only better for randoms but also stands to eliminate any benefit that someone might think that a non-standard group offers, which in turn could cause a reduction in premades thinking that they "need" dual-role classes above DPS/DPS classes.
    Because of balance. Peoples are gonna play private que as its the only way to avoid restriction. And nope people that run 2/2/1 or 2/1/2 will not get punish. The only way they gonna get punish is by excluding one of the role from the group. Which I see no reason why people will do that since the dev already optimize class balance so that 3/1/1 is the way to go.

From what i see, people are too intimidated by the debuff i propose to really see whats going on. The idea that I propose function the same way as asterdahl. Only difference is asterdahl put a full restriction mechanically to role switching in the dungeon. Adinosii suggest vote system on top of asterdahl system to gain flexibility. I merely suggest a simpler way to gain flexibility without needing of vote system by simply replace the mechanically impossible to switch restriction with a debuff system instead. In the end, it all lead to the same thing. U cant exclude any one of the 3 role out of the game. So ur argument regarding "what do u care what someone in private que does" has to be thrown at asterdahl for answer.

From my point of view in the future mod, gear score is the new meta. Picking member base on class is no longer a thing if the developer did a good job maintaining the class balance. The reason of people's preference on support/dps role is to back up their existing support. It by no necessary mean that the existing support role will fail. The preference of support/dps over dps/dps weight are simply not that heavy compare to player gearscore which are the main core to carry the game. Its just not that worth to wait for hours to get 5 support/dps into the group when people could just start with 2.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I like the idea for competition only. This is a leisure game and some players like to do it their own way or alone. Why would you limit a player to 3 res scrolls, yet they can have 200 full heals etc? The 'limit' on them right now is price. Each use you are throwing away 3,000 AD.
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    I'm putting this in General since I don't want to post it in every class thread.

Since we are moving away from feat trees, why not go all the way? I suggest just giving one feat point at each appropriate level and letting the player choose any of the 10 feats instead of having to choose from pairs. (You could even give back a bonus point to Humans if you are feeling generous.)

This will help with the problem of being forced to choose between 2 feats that affect powers you don't want to use. When that happens to me, I just leave that feat point unspent.

And adding new feats just means adding them to the list without having to worry about putting them in pairs and at specific levels. You can even start making generic feats available to everyone, like +2 to a specific stat.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

I'm putting this in General since I don't want to post it in every class thread.

Since we are moving away from feat trees, why not go all the way? I suggest just giving one feat point at each appropriate level and letting the player choose any of the 10 feats instead of having to choose from pairs. (You could even give back a bonus point to Humans if you are feeling generous.)

This will help with the problem of being forced to choose between 2 feats that affect powers you don't want to use. When that happens to me, I just leave that feat point unspent.

And adding new feats just means adding them to the list without having to worry about putting them in pairs and at specific levels. You can even start making generic feats available to everyone, like +2 to a specific stat.

Oh heck, I'd forgotten about the fact that my PC is human.

What changes did they make to races anyway?
  • Options
    jawlswyno#5893 jawlswyno Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I'm not certain if this is a copy error or a mod 16 error but comparing my character from live to preview I found that i had gained 4 duplicate companions at level 1.

Armored orc wolf
    Slyph
    Minstrel
    Vicious Dire Wolf

I no longer have open companion slots on live and have not added these on test and thought I should mention this.
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I took a look at the mounts on preview and realized that the flail snail mounts' AP gain was nerfed to 5% and 10% (down from 15% and 25%). I would suggest changing these values to 7.5% and 15% so the expensive legendary version keeps pace better with other legendaries in mod 16. I've been running my legacy flail snail on preview and it feels too watered down.

More importantly, there are 3 other legendary mounts that will probably overpreform in mod 16, especially in a PVP setting. Here are screenshots of the tooltips for the beholder personal tank, swift golden lion, and skeleton steed on the preview server, along with my explanation on why they are concerning:

The most worrying of the 3 is the beholder personal tank's 50% reduction to combat advantage damage. Combat advantage damage will be upgraded into a primary stat in mod 16 and this mount's 50% combat advantage damage reduction looks like it will be comparable to reducing people's power stat by 50%. This mount will probably be OP as HAMSTER in PVP and needs to be reevaluated, sadly I don't own one to do tests with and they aren't as easy to get ahold of as other legendaries on preview.

The swift golden lion and skeleton steed's passive powers both include a heal effect that currently ignores PVP healing depression on live. This bug is already causing issues in PVP on live and will continue to do so in mod 16 if it isn't fixed. These mounts don't need a direct nerf but they do need to be fixed so they respect healing depression.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    Ok, so as of 3/12/2019, mod 16 preveiw is looking pretty decent. The Adventure, new enemies and new environments are fun. Yes there are still bugs but it is in a better state than it was a week ago, which it is no secret, i despised. Much improvement has occurred. I am in a better mood about it than i have been. Firstly it is because i saw improvements to thing like power cooldowns and fixes that resulted in my character not feeling as delicate as before ( seriously falling too a wererat in 3 seconds, come on with that ) and partially because i got used to the drastic changes in mechanics and player choice, which i will never stop complaining about because i really do dislike the removal of player agency.

My road to acceptance, which is the state i am in right now, acceptance but not enthusiasm, has not been an easy one as i am sure my post history reveals. My opinion changed because of experience, but other player who do not have the luxury of testing out for themselves may still be anxious and i can't blame them.

i have some messages for both Devs and Anxious Players.

To the Devs: Information gathering has not been easy, representatives in streams either have not or could not be as forthcoming as i would like which made me anxious about, well everything, and at times it seemed were not being genuine with me. A few comments from a dev that appeared alongside Julia ( Who's name i keep forgetiing and i am sorry about that) claimed it was "disingenuous" to frame the changes as a Nerf, when as far as i understanding drastically reducing damage output and potential is the definition of a nerf. That alarmed me greatly as it seemed like the devs had closed themselves off from feedback and were spinning language to deflect or obfuscate from that. Though with the improvements that does not seem to be the case. If you are Nerfing something, own it, explain your reasons we may agree and we may not but spin makes us (or me at least) nervous.

To the other anxious players: Stick with it, give it a try, it may take some time to adapt and get used to it. If you can't adjust, then quit if you feel you need to, i get ya on that, there is a lot that will never be the same, and it does feel like we are loosing something, but hopefully they will add as much or more to make up for it.

We will all see what comes in the days ahead.

Sincerely a long time player and Some kind of Typing internet bear.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User

@noworries#8859 Can you please put a limit of how many Scroll of Mass life can be used in a Dungeon? maybe 3xMass Scroll of Life per character?

Why? I am curious what this would accomplish?
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    bluey#2056 bluey Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    adinosii said:

kangkeok said:

Missing Healer role will apply -95% healing depression, Missing tank role will apply -95% defense and deflect and missing dps will apply all 3, -95% damage, -95% healing depression and -95% defence & deflect.

This has to be one of the worst suggestions I have ever heard. It deserves to die. Painfully.
    Well, I can see the genius behind it.
  • Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User

@noworries#8859 Can you please put a limit of how many Scroll of Mass life can be used in a Dungeon? maybe 3xMass Scroll of Life per character?

People would stop ignoring mechanics and red zones.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    blur#5900 said:

Scrolls of life are expensive. If people keep burning through those, they will suffer a hit to their wallets. Sounds OK to me.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    blur#5900 said:

And when that's impossible because the red zones don't appear till after tha damage associated with them ? There are several I have absolutely no chance to dodge.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

Because of balance. Peoples are gonna play private que as its the only way to avoid restriction.

No, people are going to private queue for a number of reasons.
    • They might want to play with their friends - maybe a group of 5 real-life friends that want to play together. Sure, they might not have a 3/1/1 combination, and the dungeon run might be harder as a result, but so what...iif they enjoy it that's all that matters.
    • People want to run with high-geared, competent people to minimize the run time, as opposed to running with random strangers. If it turns out that 3/1/1 is optimal, those players will use that. If it turns out that 4 Warlocks and one Paladin are the most effective combo, there will be people that will only want to run that.
    • People want the flexibility to switch loadouts/roles if the situation calls for it.
    • People like challenge. If they want to see if a particular combination can be done with some weird combination of classes, let them. I mean, it's like doing a "Naked ELoL", where you are required to have IL under 3K - can be quite a challenge, but it's fun.
    Any attempt to restrict private queues would be bad. In random queues, well, I can see the concern about some people queing up as Healers or Tanks and then switching to tanks ... [HAMSTERING] the group. That concern can be addressed in a number of ways, for example, by making other group members vote on whether to allow the change, or by making the player "kickable" without the usual delay.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    adinosii said:

kangkeok said:

Because of balance. Peoples are gonna play private que as its the only way to avoid restriction.

No, people are going to private queue for a number of reasons.
    • They might want to play with their friends - maybe a group of 5 real-life friends that want to play together. Sure, they might not have a 3/1/1 combination, and the dungeon run might be harder as a result, but so what...iif they enjoy it that's all that matters.
    • People want to run with high-geared, competent people to minimize the run time, as opposed to running with random strangers. If it turns out that 3/1/1 is optimal, those players will use that. If it turns out that 4 Warlocks and one Paladin are the most effective combo, there will be people that will only want to run that.
    • People want the flexibility to switch loadouts/roles if the situation calls for it.
    • People like challenge. If they want to see if a particular combination can be done with some weird combination of classes, let them. I mean, it's like doing a "Naked ELoL", where you are required to have IL under 3K - can be quite a challenge, but it's fun.
    Any attempt to restrict private queues would be bad. In random queues, well, I can see the concern about some people queing up as Healers or Tanks and then switching to tanks ... [HAMSTERING] the group. That concern can be addressed in a number of ways, for example, by making other group members vote on whether to allow the change, or by making the player "kickable" without the usual delay.
    While i understand the concern but what's the point of enforcing the 3/1/1 class role rule by asterdahl in the 1st place? when people can just go private que to avoid everything. U might as well propose asterdahl to abolish that rule.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    kangkeok said:

adinosii said:

To me this looks like a (very misguided) effort to prevent new players from making "bad" choices, but the result is that it removes much of the fun from character building, and may increase the likelihood of veteran players leaving.

Nah.. they are doing this prevent power creep. They are splitting all the feat up so player could no longer combine all the BIS feat together to create a BIS cookie cutter build. Mod15 is all about picking the best feat and putting them together. Picking the best encounter and spam them together and Wham! 1-2hit boss. No different with playing a high striker. Just gather everything up and smash it.

If u ask me about build flexibility? I say both mod doesn't have much to look from end game perspective. Mod 16 is restricted by the option given to player. Mod15 is dictate by the meta optimization. Anything that is not in meta, isn't viable. Though the effect that the both generate are quite the opposite. Mod 16 reduces the power creep by dividing powerful feat in sets of option and between paragon. While mod 15 encourage power creep by allowing the player to horde all the best feat together. And the developer no doubt are trying to reduce the power creep.
    so this is why my stealth based build that has nothing to do with powercreep got wiped out?
    ah and why my 20k mobility has been reduced to 9k?
    ... i am super upset.

edit added here..

everything i have on mod 15 in feats is important to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!