test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Please add a gold value to bound shards, so players can at least sell them to a merchant. About half of the player base is in an alliance with NO coffer capacity left to donate them. It's the primary way to obtain guild foods and weapon enchantments, so at least give us something for them...
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @rapidstar#3272 said:
    > @dread4moor ok I agree that lvl. 80 might be a bad idea, but lvl. 70 could be good. I have GWF and OP lvl.70 on normal server, but I would like to test TR or SW and getting them from 1 to 70 takes just too much time or maybe I just dont know how to do it fast. If you know how you can send me some tips.

On live, get an exp booster pack, inscribed garments, Huntsman's cloak.
    Take your highest rank azures from your main and fill your alts Utility spots.
    This should put you at +50-150% experience gain.

Visit Sarge in PE. Take the highest level/exp campaign you have unlocked.
    Run it through, taking all quests,, complete them all. Skip any mob fights possible.
    The quest exp is most cost efficient, not trash mobs.

Swap out for better gear as it drops except your XP gear.
    Rinse and repeat to 70.

Started an OP 7 days ago. It is lvl 70 now.
    Bit I only play couple hours per day. I know diehard players who can do it in 1-2 days.

Advice: Do NOT speed level.
    Leveling is how you learn your class, forced to play several powers you otherwise would not.
    Therefore, consider leveling an alt on preview (set up the gear then move it over at lvl 1).

Yes, yes. You lose the progress when it goes live.
    But what is the point of learning the OLD TR and SW only to RE-learn them in a few weeks.
    Honestly, wish I had started my new OP on preview.
    Mod16 would be all I know and all I need to know.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    The exalted healing potion seems a little weak for 50 silver each. Single minion type enemies are taking of almost all healing i get from drinking on with a single hit so facing mobs of the little buggers these potions are not potent enough to reverse the pounding.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

Please add a gold value to bound shards, so players can at least sell them to a merchant. About half of the player base is in an alliance with NO coffer capacity left to donate them. It's the primary way to obtain guild foods and weapon enchantments, so at least give us something for them...

I'm of the opinion that there should be temporary structures that allow guilds to just open up coffer capacity instead, but probably more programming and design to accomplish that.
  • finefineday#4940 finefineday Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 8 Cryptic Developer

Devs, is there any point in calling out items that are currently in-game that have severe texture clipping issues? Masks melting into faces, hairbands cutting ears in half, things like that? It's cosmetic stuff, and not new problems, so I'd understand if this isn't the place for it, but it's also stuff that kinda... shouldn't be happening, and I don't know if it's as simple as making the mesh morph around face geometry, or if it would basically require recreating the appearance from scratch.

Yes, it is always good to point these out, and we fix them as we can get to them. Sometimes they're easy fixes, sometimes they're hard, but we always appreciate the bug reports.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Devs, is there any point in calling out items that are currently in-game that have severe texture clipping issues? Masks melting into faces, hairbands cutting ears in half, things like that? It's cosmetic stuff, and not new problems, so I'd understand if this isn't the place for it, but it's also stuff that kinda... shouldn't be happening, and I don't know if it's as simple as making the mesh morph around face geometry, or if it would basically require recreating the appearance from scratch.

Yes, it is always good to point these out, and we fix them as we can get to them. Sometimes they're easy fixes, sometimes they're hard, but we always appreciate the bug reports.
    Don't forget the loin cloth that keep missing after u run for a while.

• bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I am slowly getting used to these changes but it still feels like i am having things taken away instead of given to me. The changes in how information is conveyed contributes to that in some fashion.

instead of Damage when i hover over powers i don't see damage output i see "Magnitude" but this is utterly meaningless because i have no metric with which to give those numbers meaning. I think Damage estimates/ ranges should be returned to the powers, because right now i just have to shrug and suppose "higher number must be better even if i don't know what it is doing"

Still raw about loosing half my powers and being railroaded into a style when i had so much fun with my old one. I kinda see what you are going for but the loss of choice is still obnoxious.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    What i've seen so far in campaign and elsewhere

the 4 chains turns out to be 3 chains on "get the heirloom"
    leveling up still shows that i get power points and new feats in the message even though those are removed from this mod.
    after rescuing anton, and talk with him in the main area his sound still echos like he's in the undermountain.
    automatic pathing is having issues when setting a quest to active.
    a mob gets stuck in the boxes in teh undertaker garison area
    just killed the spider boss in the arena expedition and the chest is inaccessable. red sparkles. "can't use this object right now"
    "potent potions" finding the sick ones is impossible since they seem to disapear and not show for a long time. Better to have them stick around then go away.
    Prominance enchant needs a buffing up on shielding affect. its so miniscule now to be worthless an enchant. i'd like to see 3 or 5 times the shielding strength than it is now.
    dialog with the wakeen woman at beginning of willowood has the text do a...b and the voice do b...a need to fix.
    the antiq exchanger is nice but a little confusing. Some popup helps might be good here.
    the lifedrinker enchant still has lifesteal stat but LS was removed from game, will need something done with it
    the vorpal gives crit sev constantly yes ?? well i didnt' see it on my stat sheet nor in the attack damage (is 124% crit sev a cap ?)
    ..... i tried comparitive private dungeon and skimishes: private cloak tower was much harder than i expected, though i could get through the basic mobs ok ( i left before the first door ), i tried private master hunt and got killed by the trolls. I am 16k warden with endgame gear and i should have been able to clear the skirmish easier than that.

Arcturia battle: she speaks to the player then the dragon drops interrupting the speech with another one, needs better timing there. WHen she dies there is no sound effects no speech nothing until she cries "NO", needs some flushing out there. The staff in her hand is big but she is small, when giant golem guy comes and summons the staff to him the staff seems to get even bigger (or he shrinks) that needs some art attention, it should be small in his hands.

collections for new weapons. Says " at the start of module 14: undermountain" this should be module 16

-Starr
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

> @adinosii said:

>

> If people generally want some other combination than 3+1+1 it would probably be not because of personal preference, but because that combination is considered sub-optimal, which would indicate problem with the design in the first place....

... instead of imposing restrictions, I think it would be more effective to make people really want to run a 3+1+1 combination, by making sure it was really optimal.

This sums it up perfectly, ty.

When you "Push" a suboptimal composition by setting heavy restrictions, you should expect players to find ways around the restriction.

"Pull" instead of "Push" is better.

"Pull" us into self-enforcing 3+1+1 by setting the content , feats and powers to require it for a smooth run.

Players will be happier and those tricking the queue will always get kicked in a "Pull" system.

What if, going back to @thefabricant 's suggestion of offering group dynamic bonuses; rather than issuing it for the variety of classes in a group, grant the boost to a group that uses and maintains the 3/1/1?

So yeah, if someone in a premade wants to swap from DPS to Tank they can, but the group loses its buff, and can't get it back by re-swapping to DPS.

Maybe start with a base bonus, then after each "lesser boss" it goes up a notch?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

So perhaps there's hope that the Hexbane Hood will have visuals for female characters someday -- which is ironic since Marion Hexbane is female.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited March 2019

> @adinosii said:

>

> If people generally want some other combination than 3+1+1 it would probably be not because of personal preference, but because that combination is considered sub-optimal, which would indicate problem with the design in the first place....

... instead of imposing restrictions, I think it would be more effective to make people really want to run a 3+1+1 combination, by making sure it was really optimal.

When you "Push" a suboptimal composition by setting heavy restrictions, you should expect players to find ways around the restriction.

"Pull" us into self-enforcing 3+1+1 by setting the content , feats and powers to require it for a smooth run.

Players will be happier and those tricking the queue will always get kicked in a "Pull" system.

What if, going back to @thefabricant 's suggestion of offering group dynamic bonuses; rather than issuing it for the variety of classes in a group, grant the boost to a group that uses and maintains the 3/1/1?

So yeah, if someone in a premade wants to swap from DPS to Tank they can, but the group loses its buff, and can't get it back by re-swapping to DPS.

Maybe start with a base bonus, then after each "lesser boss" it goes up a notch?
    I'll give them debuff instead. For example if they in a dungeon without a tank, they will gain a -95% debuff to their existing defense and deflection just so that they will get 1hit no matter how high their gear score. If they enter without healer, they will gain -95% healing depression debuff. Without DPS, they will get all 3, -95% damage, healing and defense debuff. Save all the messy stuff and let the player decide.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    while leveling

most quests Bosses aren't hard.

can't open Celestial bug or Treasure Cache written: [Error] You already have all of the it

can't move 4th skill (Smoke Bomb) to gaming panel. in dungeon. but lately in PE I can use it
    but now can't come back my first encounter (seems it called Path of the Blade)

"sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

> @adinosii said:

>

I'll give them debuff instead. For example if they in a dungeon without a tank, they will gain a -95% debuff to their existing defense and deflection just so that they will get 1hit no matter how high their gear score. If they enter without healer, they will gain -95% healing depression debuff. Without DPS, they will get all 3, -95% damage, healing and defense debuff. Save all the messy stuff and let the player decide.
    That's a false choice and seems like a frankly disingenuous way of pretend not to have role rules while actually having role rules.

kangkeok said:

> @adinosii said:

>

That's a false choice and seems like a frankly disingenuous way of pretend not to have role rules while actually having role rules.
    Not really, it solve people choice of switching role between member without the need to reset the dungeon. For example, if one of the player that plays a DPS role have a more effective tank build than the current existing tank, he could switch the role with his current tank so that the group could get through a content. With the debuff, people will make sure each role is in presence so complex role switching restriction isn't necessary.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

Not really, it solve people choice of switching role between member without the need to reset the dungeon. For example, if one of the player that plays a DPS role have a more effective tank build than the current existing tank, he could switch the role with his current tank so that the group could get through a content. With the debuff, people will make sure each role is in presence so complex role switching restriction isn't necessary.

Why should people in private queues be punished for wanting to run things differently?

I am all for the dungeons being balanced for 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 DPS, I think that I have been clear on that, but I don't think that it should be enforced in private queues with such a heavy hand.
    Your method is not encouraging people to use the 1/1/3 set-up, it is forcing them to.

If a group wants to run a dungeon with two tanks, the idea being that one of the tanks is new and is learning the ropes, while the second is there as back-up if things go wrong or to handle the tanking in some particularly difficult fight while the new tank gets to watch up close, then more power to them.

When I queue for something later on that new tank may become my tank and I would like for them to have gotten that practice in.

Now to whatever degree that that dungeon run is slowed down by missing DPS or having someone leave the group to switch roles or whatever then that is there business.
    It would have zero impact on public queues, and as long as dungeons are tuned for the 1/1/3 set-up then what should anyone care if someone wants to do it differently on their own time?
    Why does everything have to be so punitive?
    I'm not trying to find ways to punish people for not using the 3/1/1 standard. The option to use the group dynamic of your choice should be part of the game.

What I'm trying to do, is find a way to make the three DPS/DPS classes viable in Premade Groups for the end game content.

As it stands multi role characters are a better option in a premade than single role DPS, simply down to the fact of versatility. They do the same DPS, but can switch roles if the situation arises.
    Need two tanks on the Sisters fight in CR? Fighter or Barbarian have the option to jump in and help the Paladin, or the Paladin might be healing so both can Tank and Cleric and Warlock DPS or back to the 2/2/1 meta for a few encounters then back to 3/1/1 for mob slaughter.

Using the 4/3/3 build offers a massive array of options to group dynamic.
    There are 32 combinations of group composition using one Paladin, Fighter, Barbarian, Warlock, and Cleric.
    For every DPS/DPS swapped into that group the number of combinations halves...

So we need to find a way to make Rogues, Wizards and Rangers just as useful in those situations.
    One way to make them useful is to offer an INCENTIVE to use 3/1/1 in which case ALL DPS will (should... assuming balance is at least close) have the same value, not seek to impose a punishment for NOT using it.

I'm not trying to find ways to punish people for not using the 3/1/1 standard. The option to use the group dynamic of your choice should be part of the game.

What I'm trying to do, is find a way to make the three DPS/DPS classes viable in Premade Groups for the end game content.

As it stands multi role characters are a better option in a premade than single role DPS, simply down to the fact of versatility. They do the same DPS, but can switch roles if the situation arises.
    Need two tanks on the Sisters fight in CR? Fighter or Barbarian have the option to jump in and help the Paladin, or the Paladin might be healing so both can Tank and Cleric and Warlock DPS or back to the 2/2/1 meta for a few encounters then back to 3/1/1 for mob slaughter.

There are 32 combinations of group composition using one Paladin, Fighter, Barbarian, Warlock, and Cleric.

So we need to find a way to make Rogues, Wizards and Rangers just as useful in those situations.
    One way to make them useful is to offer an INCENTIVE to use 3/1/1 in which case ALL DPS will (should... assuming balance is at least close) have the same value, not seek to impose a punishment for NOT using it.

Don't Rogues, Rangers, and Wizards have more control going on than their hybrid counterparts? Rangers have a couple of ways of mass-rooting things, I'm almost certain that Rogues have disorients, and Wizards have holds, roots, snares, and knocks aplenty. Not enough to justify Controller as a separate role, perhaps, but it seems to be something of a pattern.

edited March 2019

kangkeok said:

Why should people in private queues be punished for wanting to run things differently?

I am all for the dungeons being balanced for 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 DPS, I think that I have been clear on that, but I don't think that it should be enforced in private queues with such a heavy hand.
    Your method is not encouraging people to use the 1/1/3 set-up, it is forcing them to.

If a group wants to run a dungeon with two tanks, the idea being that one of the tanks is new and is learning the ropes, while the second is there as back-up if things go wrong or to handle the tanking in some particularly difficult fight while the new tank gets to watch up close, then more power to them.

When I queue for something later on that new tank may become my tank and I would like for them to have gotten that practice in.

Now to whatever degree that that dungeon run is slowed down by missing DPS or having someone leave the group to switch roles or whatever then that is there business.
    It would have zero impact on public queues, and as long as dungeons are tuned for the 1/1/3 set-up then what should anyone care if someone wants to do it differently on their own time?
    Who is there to punish? The debuff are just to make sure people maintain the 3 core role in their party. U wont get debuff if all 3 role are there. U only get debuff when one of the role isn't filled. The freedom to do run 2 tank 2 healer 1 dps are still there just not as efficient as 3/1/1.
    Post edited by kangkeok on
    edited March 2019

We don't need more power creep through incentive. That's why I suggest debuff. The goal of this mod is to reduce power creep and keeping all 3 tank, healer and dps role valid. Anyway, no one is gonna get punish as long as there is at least 1 role of each is in the party. So there are plenty of room for other variation of team composition, just that they are not as efficient as 3/1/1.
    kangkeok said:

kangkeok said:

Who is there to punish? The debuff are just to make sure people maintain the 3 core role in their party. U wont get debuff if all 3 role are there. U only get debuff when one of the role isn't filled. The freedom to do run 3 tank 1 healer 1 dps are still there just not as efficient as 3/1/1.
    In Public Queue it isn't possible to switch roles. It's enforced. There's no issue.
    @asterdahl already said that.

In private, pre-made, groups the likelihood of a group composition without at least one of the 3 roles being present is slim. Very slim. So slim as to be not particularly worthy of consideration. And if one player has joined the premade through an LFG as a particular Role, and then switches and refuses to switch back, it is unlikely to need the game to debuff the group for the rest of their team to kick them ASAP.

The debuffing is unnecessary in Public due to limitations via the system, and in Private it will be a matter of whether the group wants to run with no Tank, Healer, or DPS, or would rather have all three.

If you offer a 3/1/1 party bonus to private queues, it might even give slightly lower IL characters the confidence to put a team together for the end game content. And take Wizards, Rogues and Rangers as part of that group because they need the bonus to succeed, and in that case a Wizard is as good as a Warlock, and Rangers and Rogues are as much use as Clerics, Fighters and Barbarians in the DPS roles.
    That way the high end-end gamers can run a party of 5 HAMSTER Clerics if they want to do so, and the lower end-end gamers can run a normal group composition and have a better chance of success.

I have no idea what the bonuses would consist of.
    I don;t have enough knowledge of the "under the hood" stats and tables and any such suggestion from me would be nothing more than pulling numbers out of my HAMSTER, but I'm sure someone with that knowledge could suggest something that would act as both incentive and something that would not tip the balance too far the other way.

pulling numbers out of my HAMSTER

Gives a new, awkward meaning to the legendary "NO ONE PUTS COINS IN MY HAMSTER" line.

pulling numbers out of my HAMSTER

Gives a new, awkward meaning to the legendary "NO ONE PUTS COINS IN MY HAMSTER" line.

I suppose a Guinea Pig or Rabbit would hold more...
    I'm guessing that asking them to change the cuss proxy word while they are busy trying to rewrite the entire game might annoy them a bit on the basis of "priorities" or something, so I'll leave that line of thought alone for now...
    edited March 2019

kangkeok said:

kangkeok said:

Who is there to punish? The debuff are just to make sure people maintain the 3 core role in their party. U wont get debuff if all 3 role are there. U only get debuff when one of the role isn't filled. The freedom to do run 3 tank 1 healer 1 dps are still there just not as efficient as 3/1/1.
    In Public Queue it isn't possible to switch roles. It's enforced. There's no issue.
    @asterdahl already said that.

In private, pre-made, groups the likelihood of a group composition without at least one of the 3 roles being present is slim. Very slim. So slim as to be not particularly worthy of consideration. And if one player has joined the premade through an LFG as a particular Role, and then switches and refuses to switch back, it is unlikely to need the game to debuff the group for the rest of their team to kick them ASAP.

The debuffing is unnecessary in Public due to limitations via the system, and in Private it will be a matter of whether the group wants to run with no Tank, Healer, or DPS, or would rather have all three.

If you offer a 3/1/1 party bonus to private queues, it might even give slightly lower IL characters the confidence to put a team together for the end game content. And take Wizards, Rogues and Rangers as part of that group because they need the bonus to succeed, and in that case a Wizard is as good as a Warlock, and Rangers and Rogues are as much use as Clerics, Fighters and Barbarians in the DPS roles.
    That way the high end-end gamers can run a party of 5 HAMSTER Clerics if they want to do so, and the lower end-end gamers can run a normal group composition and have a better chance of success.

I have no idea what the bonuses would consist of.
    I don;t have enough knowledge of the "under the hood" stats and tables and any such suggestion from me would be nothing more than pulling numbers out of my HAMSTER, but I'm sure someone with that knowledge could suggest something that would act as both incentive and something that would not tip the balance too far the other way.
    Just to be clear, my rule isn't based on asterdahl. In fact its what makes asterdahl rule unnecessary. My rule is only to apply this debuff rule. No restriction in switching role during dungeon. Just that u gotta have at least 1 healer, 1 tank and 1 dps in your party. U can have 3healer, 1 tank,1dps without being penalize but not 1dps, 4healer ( missing tank will get defense penalty ) or 4dps, 1 tank (missing healer will receive healing depression). Both my rule and asterdahl are the same, just that mine are much more simple and allow the flexibility to switch role. Both aim to keep all 3 role within the play. No cleric or tank are gonna get excluded from content just because dps can 5 man without them like what happen in mod 5.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    with all these changes to ability scores, stats, classes, paragons and gameplay, can we get one full respect token for every character?

By full respect I do mean that if you use the token in the character selection window, all your equipment is moved to the character inventory+overflow and you do a full character recreation, that is class, ability scores and so on.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    A system to punish people via debuffing is just.....well, too much. The ideal solution from my perspective would be to allow unlimited role/paragon switching in private queues, but in public (random) groups, force people to stick to the role they queued for, just as proposed. However, I do like the idea of allowing people to switch roles, if all other group members approve via voting.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited March 2019
    adinosii said:

A system to punish people via debuffing is just.....well, too much. The ideal solution from my perspective would be to allow unlimited role/paragon switching in private queues, but in public (random) groups, force people to stick to the role they queued for, just as proposed. However, I do like the idea of allowing people to switch roles, if all other group members approve via voting.

If I have not been clear enough. My rule does not restrict role/paragon switching during dungeon whether in private or public que. Its only applying the debuff rule to make sure all 3 role are active. U are free to switch anytime and how many time u like. U just need to make sure that at least 1 of each 3 role are active in your group. U can have 2 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps or 1 tank, 2healer, 2 dps, there wont be penalty. As long as there is at least 1 dps, 1 tank and 1 healer in your party composition, no penalty will apply. Only missing on any one of the role will penalize u. Missing Healer role will apply -95% healing depression, Missing tank role will apply -95% defense and deflect and missing dps will apply all 3, -95% damage, -95% healing depression and -95% defence & deflect.

No voting needed or power creep added. No complex restriction that takes away flexibility to plan role in dungeon. Freedom to use other party compo as long as at least 1 healer, 1 dps,& 1 tank is in it. Keeping all 3 role within the game so no class get left out.
  • finefineday#4940 finefineday Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 8 Cryptic Developer

It's called "Cowl of the Royal Reserve". I've used colors like "Masquerade Dye" with "Black Dye" to mask certain areas. Prior to that there was either Rex Corona or Cowl of the Dead used, I'm unsure. I change things a lot.

I dunno. I'm kinda getting used to it. I call it Invisiquack.

hustin1 said:

So perhaps there's hope that the Hexbane Hood will have visuals for female characters someday -- which is ironic since Marion Hexbane is female.

Both these issues should be fixed in next week's patch. The "Cowl of Royal Reserve" will no longer remove the player's head when equipped, and "Hexbane's Hood" now displays visuals when equipped by a female character.
    edited March 2019

The "Cowl of Royal Reserve" will no longer remove the player's head when equipped.

... is one of, (if not THE) greatest comments ever made in this forum.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

Missing Healer role will apply -95% healing depression, Missing tank role will apply -95% defense and deflect and missing dps will apply all 3, -95% damage, -95% healing depression and -95% defence & deflect.

This has to be one of the worst suggestions I have ever heard. It deserves to die. Painfully.
    Hoping for improvements...