test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

Comments

• daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I have seem some youtube videos about the Lair of the Mad Mage dungeon and what I saw worries me about the future of mod 16.

DPS was running ahead of tank with no care, and actual pulling of mobs and tanking wasn't necessary. And during boss fights groups just packing together and burning the boss in a couple minutes, standing in red. It seems that with enough power you can just ignore all of the changes introduced and continue playing like it is mod 15.

And this is happening at the start of the mod. Give a couple more mods with new gear and boons and power creep will bring everyone back to mod 15 levels of strength.

My point: players are still able to ignore mechanics, class roles, positioning etc. Groups can still be too powerful. And as time goes by, with new gear, new boons etc, this will only get worse.
    Leliana - Healer DC
    Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
    Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin
  • fisenfisfisenfis Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    I have already posted this but I believe I posted it in the wrong thread so I'll post this here again -

The Quick Action nerf was a mistake, and here's why (Legendary/Legacy Flail Snail):

A purple Necklace gives 1%AP/sec. One of the cheapest, most easily obtained items in the game has a stat bonus on it comparable to a mount bonus players spent 10M+ AD on. This bonus was reduced from 2.5%AP/sec to 1%AP/sec after an adjustment to the game (Recovery removal) that reduced frequency of Daily use. Summary: We can now utilize this bonus less often, and its potency has been reduced as well. It took double nerf.

And all this came during a time when Legendary mounts needed to get a BUFF not a NERF. Considering players now have about 3 to 4 times the stats that they used to, 4K of a stat makes almost no difference, and even some fairly common Epic companions provide as much.

It took a double nerf during a game adjustment where the value of mount powers had already suffered a relative decrease. Please consider adjusting this before the game goes live.

I would also ask you to consider the stats of legendary mounts overall. Now that most of our stats are almost trippled compared to what they were prior to mod 16; wouldnt it make more sense to raise the amount of stats that you get from Legendary mounts to make them valuable again? 4000 power etc doesn't seem like much in the new module, I would suggest to at least double it which in turn would make the owners of said mounts less unhappy going forward since they spent 10-20 milion astral diamonds to obtain them.

@asterdahl
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User

kangkeok said:

Hmm.. not exactly. I dont know how to phrased it but lets just say the "important" feat. Take a look at trapper feat. There are few main feat must be taken for them to function as in mod15 but i'll take 2 of the most crucial one as an example. Thorn root for damage and swiftness of fox for encounter spamming. This 2 feat gives trapper both damage and cooldown reduction in mod 15. While mod16 separates them. So u can pick between cooldown or the damage but u cant have both. The developer could have let them pick between a damage feat and a movement speed feat but they didn't. Else people will go for the obvious. That's how they keep balance in mod16.

I understand that and agree with you but we went from 40+ feats to 10. Selection as is in M16 is ok, but why not instead ot pick this or that feat make it multi choice. U would haev to pick one of lets say 4 feats every rank. Same functionality and more combinations, problem solved, everyone's happy. That being said all of those choices need to be of equal usability with each other.

That is the question for the dev. I suggest u highlight those in cyan.
  • daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    fisenfis said:

The Quick Action nerf was a mistake, and here's why (Legendary/Legacy Flail Snail):

A purple Necklace gives 1%AP/sec. One of the cheapest, most easily obtained items in the game has a stat bonus on it comparable to a mount bonus players spent 10M+ AD on. This bonus was reduced from 2.5%AP/sec to 1%AP/sec after an adjustment to the game (Recovery removal) that reduced frequency of Daily use. Summary: We can now utilize this bonus less often, and its potency has been reduced as well. It took double nerf.

Yes, having a stronger Quick Action would also be good for Paladins, since we have so many feats that depend on using a daily to activate.
    Leliana - Healer DC
    Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
    Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    :Bug: :angry: ( i can't seem to get it to highlight so emoji it is ) my level 70 character has not received the mission "an important invitation" that will let me access the yawning portal and the content i am meant to be previewing. From my understanding all should level 70s automatically recieve this so it doubt it is working as intended.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    fisenfis said:

I have already posted this but I believe I posted it in the wrong thread so I'll post this here again -

And all this came during a time when Legendary mounts needed to get a BUFF not a NERF. Considering players now have about 3 to 4 times the stats that they used to, 4K of a stat makes almost no difference, and even some fairly common Epic companions provide as much.

It took a double nerf during a game adjustment where the value of mount powers had already suffered a relative decrease. Please consider adjusting this before the game goes live.

I would also ask you to consider the stats of legendary mounts overall. Now that most of our stats are almost trippled compared to what they were prior to mod 16; wouldnt it make more sense to raise the amount of stats that you get from Legendary mounts to make them valuable again? 4000 power etc doesn't seem like much in the new module, I would suggest to at least double it which in turn would make the owners of said mounts less unhappy going forward since they spent 10-20 milion astral diamonds to obtain them.

@asterdahl

Disagree. The AP gain should be removed from the neck, as I pointed out in a previous post. Basically, the stat on the neck is a 16% dps increase and no individual item should give so much. Base AP gain should be increased to 3.34/second and the snail should remain as is.
    edited March 2019

fisenfis said:

@asterdahl

Disagree. The AP gain should be removed from the neck, as I pointed out in a previous post. Basically, the stat on the neck is a 16% dps increase and no individual item should give so much.
    I haven't checked the Sigil of Devoted, but could you do a similar one for it too? i kno' maybe removing it's function how it is, but can help to compare the DPS increase from it, with other artifacts :)
    The sigil has already been nerfed, it is fine, however the envenomed storyteller's journal needs the same treatment.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    fisenfis said:

Attempted a heroic in the last new area, I know we are scaled down making the heroics harder to do but are we really supposed to be doing this little damage? The hardest hit I did with my daily (which usually hits for 300k+) hit for 3k damage. Even with a 10 man group these heroics seems next to impossible to complete.

is your arpen enough for the area?
    fisenfis said:

@asterdahl

my money is on mythic mounts in the new lockboxes once this goes live
    daniloslv said:

I have seem some youtube videos about the Lair of the Mad Mage dungeon and what I saw worries me about the future of mod 16.

DPS was running ahead of tank with no care, and actual pulling of mobs and tanking wasn't necessary. And during boss fights groups just packing together and burning the boss in a couple minutes, standing in red. It seems that with enough power you can just ignore all of the changes introduced and continue playing like it is mod 15.

And this is happening at the start of the mod. Give a couple more mods with new gear and boons and power creep will bring everyone back to mod 15 levels of strength.

My point: players are still able to ignore mechanics, class roles, positioning etc. Groups can still be too powerful. And as time goes by, with new gear, new boons etc, this will only get worse.

it's entirely possible to be 100 percent bis in test. the majority of people will not be bis. it would probably be more useful for testing if it was not possible to be so highly geared. I spent half an hour today just getting a lot of my enchants up to r15 for the heck of it in there today. that won't be my real life story. most will probably end up struggling. but bis teams will always be bis and the game should not be built around them but around the average player. if someone chooses to gear up to stomp the hoards then that's their prerogative. but the game shouldn't be impossible for the average player because some choose to gear that way regardless of the cost
    bpstuart said:

:Bug: :angry: ( i can't seem to get it to highlight so emoji it is ) my level 70 character has not received the mission "an important invitation" that will let me access the yawning portal and the content i am meant to be previewing. From my understanding all should level 70s automatically recieve this so it doubt it is working as intended.

This has unexpectedly resolved itself. Not sure how but know it shows in my journal when i could not find it before.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    wraithr32 said:

Scaling level 70 campaigns... Really?? this is ridiculous. Apart from Stronghold areas and the low level random dungeons why is anything scaled??

If your level 80 and going back to those areas they SHOULD be easy, you've been there and done that so it should not be hard. It certainly should not be harder than if you are still level 70, which I am hearing. Level 80s going into level 70 areas should not find it a challenge as they have progressed on to newer harder areas, otherwise what is the point of raising the level cap and adding higher level areas? The only reason for coming back should be to tidy up campaign trees.

CN broken, or is this scaling again? 18k tanks one shotted in the first fight?

Not to broken record, but once again can I just say how much I agree with this?
  • lordwinoslordwinos Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Can anyone of your team tell me if the new challenge dungeons will they be private groups or open groups as well,
    i'm concerned as the new Aq. Incorp. dungeon is private only and locks us solo players out from using it.
    thank you for any reply
    I know this is super unlikely, but i think you should have unlimited Retrains on Preview since you are essentially having temp characters test out the new builds and act as a second line QA tester for your product. Being able to test out both paths thoroughly, multiple times within a short span would definitely help reduce the resentment of being railroaded with fewer options by letting you explore the limited options available in the most in depth fashion.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    bpstuart said:

I know this is super unlikely, but i think you should have unlimited Retrains on Preview since you are essentially having temp characters test out the new builds and act as a second line QA tester for your product. Being able to test out both paths thoroughly, multiple times within a short span would definitely help reduce the resentment of being railroaded with fewer options by letting you explore the limited options available in the most in depth fashion.

Retrain tokens are free in the zen store. It and the campaign buyouts are virtually the only things in there.

If it isn't fun, then you can't have these items to make such a huge impact to make it fun, if you building AP from ur Neck and Snail only, those items will be the most needed ones in the game, they will become mandatory and nothin can compete with them, because obviously the difference is way to huge.

Now slow AP gain, Slow Recharge speed can always be adjusted sooner or later by the Developer, everything is subject to change, even when module 16 hits live, there can always be a patch or two affecting the class.

It will just take time and patience, and using a item to just to Fake the performance of a class wouldn't be good, they've done this in the past, and this time they can make a change.

Again I'm not saying to reinstate everything to how it as it is on live but does that mean I'm just going to accept that my snail and other things that used to give ap as wated ad? I understand the game needs to evolve, I have even come to terms with being a full-on healing cleric at this point. But I think that this game is unique in its kind, its fast and interesting. It is going towards a slow paced boring slope and I don't like it. I love this game and I love my characters, I simply want it to have the same kind of synergy and fluidity that it used to have. Heck, add another slot for a power, anything to make it a bit more interesting and fast. I suppose I am a bit uneasy seeing as I have played with these changes for 6 weeks now and without much change, I really dislike the slow nature of the combat system and dumbing down of feats and boons. I just hope that the developers take a moment to really look it over and listen to feedback.

bpstuart said:

Retrain tokens are free in the zen store. It and the campaign buyouts are virtually the only things in there.

Huh, i guess that was another bug then because i pushed to retrain again and a blank widow appeared. Must have been trying to take me to the free tokens on the zen store but never loaded in. Good to know though.
    edited March 2019

Disagree. The AP gain should be removed from the neck, as I pointed out in a previous post. Basically, the stat on the neck is a 16% dps increase and no individual item should give so much. Base AP gain should be increased to 3.34/second and the snail should remain as is.

I understand that you want a Daily to be more impactful, and maybe you are correct in saying the stat on a neck is a 16% damage increase (depending on class and daily power used). But this % is based on how things currently are, not how they SHOULD be (in terms of mount power bonus).

total offensive stats mod 16:
    86.5K power
    24K arpen
    24K accuracy
    46.5K crit
    69K comabat advantage
    =
    250K total

vs.

total offensive stats mod 15:
    90K power
    12K arpen
    30K crit
    =

250/132 = 89% increased offensive stats in mod 16
    That means for all Legendary mounts to be balanced they would need a stat bonus of 7,560 each. (round it to 8K)
    Which even if Fast Action were now balanced at 10% (as you say it is) should have 18.9% AP. (round it to 20%)

Also the pace of the game is important right now in terms of how fun it is to play, meaning how fast you can use encounters vs. how fast you can obtain a Daily is subject to opinion. If you don't want Daily to just become a 4th encounter, I get that, but then why don't we have 9 or 10 different encounters like other games that have impactful "dailys" "ultimates" or whatever you want to call them?

Shouldn't we be working to figure out what is a good middle ground on encounter cooldowns vs. daily usage (to make the game feel fluid) instead of which mount power is over-powered vs. another?

Because as it is, it's doing a 6 second rotation once every 30 seconds waiting on AP and cooldowns.

Or doing a 6 second rotation once every 30 seconds waiting for AP and Divinity.

That is 17% gameplay, 83% twiddling your thumbs
  • chrisb#7185 chrisb Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Professions and Mod 16
    With the advent of Mod 16 professions are again falling behind the curve. MW weapons are now expensive door stops, other gear is also outdated.

We need to have items to make in professions that are useful, AUTOMATICALLY viable for the next mod and are needed frequently throughout the current mod.

Example:
    Building on the existing system of armor kits and reinforcement jewels can we revise armor kits/reinforcement jewels so that they add a small percentage of stats of the gears stats to each piece of gear. The IL level of the Armor kit to be based on the % of stats added. Maximum addition to be no more than ... 5% of the gears stats.

This armor kit need to have a life so it would need to be replaced on a regular basis. This then would be a constant source of work for professions.

As it works on a % basis of the gear that it is put on, this armor kit would be viable for ever and a day thus reducing coding issues.

New mod, new gear, new armor kit and during the mod new armor kit needs to be made to replace the out of life armor kit.

I am sure that this community can come up with a range of other examples that will enable professions to remain viable (perhaps weapon kits).

I believe that the key criteria are that these items are useful, automatically viable for the next mod and needed frequently during the current mod.

Have a nice day
  • akbaikakbaik Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi y'all,
    Not sure what this would be in dev terms but the test play so far has been much smoother than previously, no or very few hesitations. Makes it much easier to fall into the game. Not sure what to call it, but it's great!

Ak

is your arpen enough for the area?

I realize now that by looking at the screenshot the mobs are level 79 and we are 73 in that zone, meaning we do around 5% of our usual damage = impossible to beat this heroic.
    edited March 2019
    fisenfis said:

I think that you are comparing Neverwinter to other games where one daily is huge but you also have 20 different powers you can use all at once so one power being on cooldown doesnt matter there. Here we have the option of 2 dailies and 3 encounters and everything is slow. I dont understand why you keep insisting on nerfing ap gain and recharge speed over and over, if you take away the neck pieces ap gain: what else if left? Nothing. Why not nerf damage a bit and give us some more recharge speed and ap gain? Instead of having everyone wait 30 seconds to be able to use their powers again and even longer for their daily. I'm not looking for spammable powers like we had in the past, buffs and debuffs took a huge nerf and it just keeps going downhill. We cant all just focus on math and say "this is what we should have", we need to look at the lack of fluidity and the slow paced combat system that module 16 is bringing. Because lets be honest, right now its stale.

Slow ap gain, slow recharge speed, slow divinity gain; do you really in your honest opinion think the combat aspect of module 16 is fun the way it is right now?
    No, I am comparing Neverwinter to the Neverwinter I played when I started the game. I started this game long before you did. When I started it, the cloak did not exist, the DC sigil did not exist, heck, artifacts did not even exist and the game was a lot more balanced (and it had a much larger playerbase).

Furthermore, I literally just proposed they double the AP gain per second that you currently have, effectively netting you more AP then you currently get from the cloak, the point is, the cloak should not exist because there is no reason to ever unslot 1. Maybe you should actually read what I write instead of complaining.

And with regards to that comment on 20 button games, when I started NW, CDs looked like this:
    https://youtu.be/Bd3VnfA6i_A
    Notice, he holds encounters, choosing not to use them, instead of spamming encounters, because timing was essential. If you think buff timing was hard, this was 10000x harder.

No, I am comparing Neverwinter to the Neverwinter I played when I started the game. I started this game long before you did. When I started it, the cloak did not exist, the DC sigil did not exist, heck, artifacts did not even exist and the game was a lot more balanced (and it had a much larger playerbase).

Furthermore, I literally just proposed they double the AP gain per second that you currently have, effectively netting you more AP then you currently get from the cloak, the point is, the cloak should not exist because there is no reason to ever unslot 1. Maybe you should actually read what I write instead of complaining.

And with regards to that comment on 20 button games, when I started NW, CDs looked like this:
    Notice, he holds encounters, choosing not to use them, instead of spamming encounters, because timing was essential. If you think buff timing was hard, this was 10000x harder.

Yeah, let me just go back to using the iPhone 5 from 6 years ago. Because I want products to be the way they were when I first started using them. Games evolve which a lot of people seem to not understand, it is not the same game we had at the launch. And so what if you have played longer than me and youre amazingly great at math? My opinion matters just as much as anyone else, you cant just throw my argument out the window just because I started at mod 5 and you at beta. I'm not sitting here complaining just because I'm salty that you do great math, I'm trying to bring forth my way of looking at the stale boring gameplay that we have before us which you completely disregard in your feedback. You want more strategic decisions in using our powers, whats strategic about it now? There is 0 rotations and variations on how to do things. You literally stand and wait for your powers to come back, thats it.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

fisenfis said:

Yeah, let me just go back to using the iPhone 5 from 6 years ago. Because I want products to be the way they were when I first started using them. Games evolve which a lot of people seem to not understand, it is not the same game we had at the launch. And so what if you have played longer than me and youre amazingly great at math? My opinion matters just as much as anyone else, you cant just throw my argument out the window just because I started at mod 5 and you at beta. I'm not sitting here complaining just because I'm salty that you do great math, I'm trying to bring forth my way of looking at the stale boring gameplay that we have before us which you completely disregard in your feedback. You want more strategic decisions in using our powers, whats strategic about it now? There is 0 rotations and variations on how to do things. You literally stand and wait for your powers to come back, thats it.
    Did you even watch the video? There is nothing strategic about now, just like there is nothing strategic about stacking buffs, but there is something strategic happening in that video and that is what you are missing. To get there, you first need to cut down on the relative strength of characters, a lot. People need to go from being gods to being mere mortals, where failing to position will instantly see you die.

Did you also miss the point where I was actually proposing they buff AP gain overall, or is reading comprehension difficult?
    Frankly put, I never ran epic dungeons back when NW first launched, and only did one non-epic group dungeon (the Grey Wolf Den), and those things are related, because the Grey Wolf dungeon was just too difficult for the party we were in. While I'm sure there were plenty of elite players that loved the endgame content and the challenge that came with it, in my case, I stuck around because as much as the best stuff was in difficult group content, you could still get through the game and do all sorts of fun stuff on your own, without having to be that strategic about things.

If I wanted to have to actually think about things, I'd play a turn based strategy game.

Or a turn based CRPG. Except that SOMEONE decided to co-opt the Neverwinter IP for an MMO, instead of NWN3! well, NWN was never turn based (excluding the old SSI MMO ...) but I digress.