What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Constant lag spikes after last patch

13»

Comments

• Options
    jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    A big thank you.....lag fixed with tonight's patch, grumpiness gone....
  • Options
    flupperyfluppery Member Posts: 147 Arc User

Can someone experiencing the issue, try running in low graphics mode.. and see if it goes away?

If so, we can probably start isolating what is causing the issue (if its graphics related). Otherwise its game server specific.

I got a better idea: Make Cryptic test and figure it out and then fix it and then let us know when their work is done.

We've already wasted too much time trying to test and fix things on our end.
  • Options
    flupperyfluppery Member Posts: 147 Arc User

@nitocris83

Please escalate this issue. It is actually making the game unable to be played at all. There are many players talking about this issue in-game too. It is very widespread...

it's like that for me to where i haven't been able to play since the release of mod15 and if i try to play all i do is get kicked none stop

The patch may have fixed the lag, it has for me. However, patching was not possible because of network problems.

In my case, the network problem was due to Windows update to NVIDIA wasn't connecting to the proper server in my area. Download was extremely slow and always failed.

Using a 3rd party updater I was able to finally update NVIDIA quickly and then GameLauncher.exe was no
    longer acting stupid.

So if you're having the lag still, try to update your video card driver and make sure the update isn't being stupid about it.
    Windows built-in updater is HAMSTER.
  • Options
    dimitrikdimitrik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Also reporting, after a full day of gaming, that the lag-spike-things have completely gone away as of the patch. Thank you, Cryptic.
  • Options
    heavensake#5599 heavensake Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    fluppery said:

@nitocris83

Please escalate this issue. It is actually making the game unable to be played at all. There are many players talking about this issue in-game too. It is very widespread...

it's like that for me to where i haven't been able to play since the release of mod15 and if i try to play all i do is get kicked none stop

The patch may have fixed the lag, it has for me. However, patching was not possible because of network problems.

In my case, the network problem was due to Windows update to NVIDIA wasn't connecting to the proper server in my area. Download was extremely slow and always failed.

Using a 3rd party updater I was able to finally update NVIDIA quickly and then GameLauncher.exe was no
    longer acting stupid.

So if you're having the lag still, try to update your video card driver and make sure the update isn't being stupid about it.
    Windows built-in updater is HAMSTER.
    I refuse to update my Nvidia driver there should not be any reason to do so. Last time i did (as game recomended) the game would not even launch for me. And then had one heck of as time trying to restore my older driver.