test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to buy Armorsmithing MW III recipe - Working as intended?

alphwolfyalphwolfy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I recently completed [Down to the wire] which is the last of Armorsmithing MW II task which should allow me to to purchase its MW III recipe. However, I see The Artisan offering me another Armorsmithing quest - [Hammer Time]. Question is, do I need to complete both questlines before I'm able to get the Armorsmithing MW III recipe?

Comments

• mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Have to ask since you didn't mention it. Do you have the required 20 Adamant Plate to buy the recipe book?
    Post edited by mdarkangel#4696 on
  • alphwolfyalphwolfy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    No I haven't. Seeing that I wasn't allowed to get it prevented me from making 20 Adamant Plates. Do you think I would be able to get it if I had 20 Adamant Plates?
    edited December 2018
    Yes, that's the price of the recipe book.
    If you hover over it, it should let you know that you don't have enough.
    Yes, I know that's the price of the recipe book. When I hover over it it says "Requires Masterwork Armorsmithing Recipes II" despite me already having it. The rest of them says "You do not have enough Cashmere/Aqua Fortis/etc."

This is why I'm confused. I'm not sure if it's a wording bug which will clear when I pay up the 20 Adamant Plates, or if I have to clear the extra "Hammer Time" questline.
    You shouldn't need to complete both. I would suggest getting your Adamant Plates together and see what happens. If you still can't buy the book then there's a definite bug. But I think it's just an oversight due to the conversion.
  • openfire#3790 openfire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have the same issue. I completed -Down to the wire- and i have the 20 Adamant Plates, and anyway i can't buy the MW3 recipe. For me the Artisan offer too the other Armorsmithing quest -Hammer Time-

I have the same issue. I completed -Down to the wire- and i have the 20 Adamant Plates, and anyway i can't buy the MW3 recipe. For me the Artisan offer too the other Armorsmithing quest -Hammer Time-

That means I'll be right there with you soon :'(

Yeah, it's actually fine if someone confirms that we have to do "Hammer Time", i just don't want to spend all my resources on it and then find out I didn't need to in the first place. Can anyone confirm?
  • openfire#3790 openfire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Looks like, it's ticket time...
  • alleykatealleykate Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Same, I started mailsmithing prior to the mod coming in, completed the old quest to level 3 and cant buy the recipe Mastercraft III Armoursmithing recipes, it wants me to complete all the quests again. All I see in the crafting window is Mastercraft I-II recipes and at Mastercraft III all I have showing is Titansteel Alembic (I have put in a ticket).

I also have the similar problem with Jewelcrafting which I had started prior to the mod to Mastercraft III, its now ranked up to Mastercraft V but I don't have any recipes showing at Mastercraft III except for the Golden chandelier and I cant buy from the stronghold vendors. I did buy the Mastercraft III recipes before the new mod, but they are not there.

(I hadn't noticed until I levelled up the rest of the mastercraft to rank III post new mod and realised these were broken, rest are fine)
    Guild - Fair Dinkum 2.0
    Part of Team Tredecim of the Cloaks Alliance website
    https://cloakalliance.wordpress.com/
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    alleykate said:

Same, I started mailsmithing prior to the mod coming in, completed the old quest to level 3 and cant buy the recipe Mastercraft III Armoursmithing recipes, it wants me to complete all the quests again. All I see in the crafting window is Mastercraft I-II recipes and at Mastercraft III all I have showing is Titansteel Alembic (I have put in a ticket).

I also have the similar problem with Jewelcrafting which I had started prior to the mod to Mastercraft III, its now ranked up to Mastercraft V but I don't have any recipes showing at Mastercraft III except for the Golden chandelier and I cant buy from the stronghold vendors. I did buy the Mastercraft III recipes before the new mod, but they are not there.

(I hadn't noticed until I levelled up the rest of the mastercraft to rank III post new mod and realised these were broken, rest are fine)

I am having this problem with the armorsmithing alembic and I had bought the recipes in mw3 mailsmithing prior to the update.

I've seen a bunch of these problems from dec early jan.. have any of these been addressed yet or are you all still out on this one?

@percemer
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

Our team already forwarded this issue to the dev team last week. There are indeed several issues caused by the merger of Mailsmithing and Platesmithing for Armorsmithing. For this specific issue, it seems that the prerequisites for purchasing Masterwork Armorsmithing Recipes III are to complete Platesmithing quests. The dev team is aware of all of these issues, and working on it, but for now I don't know what they planned to fix it.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • alleykatealleykate Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I managed to unbugg mine my doing all the new quests for the new reformed profession (at a great cost too sadly but worth the experiment) and was then able to buy the level 3 recipes.
    Guild - Fair Dinkum 2.0
    Part of Team Tredecim of the Cloaks Alliance website
    https://cloakalliance.wordpress.com/
  • cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    percemer said:

Greetings,

Our team already forwarded this issue to the dev team last week. There are indeed several issues caused by the merger of Mailsmithing and Platesmithing for Armorsmithing. For this specific issue, it seems that the prerequisites for purchasing Masterwork Armorsmithing Recipes III are to complete Platesmithing quests. The dev team is aware of all of these issues, and working on it, but for now I don't know what they planned to fix it.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience!

Regards,

'you have to do it again' is a totally unacceptable answer
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
    alleykate said:

I managed to unbugg mine my doing all the new quests for the new reformed profession (at a great cost too sadly but worth the experiment) and was then able to buy the level 3 recipes.

so you did it again?
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • drinkvernors#7197 drinkvernors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Suggested solution:

Remove the 'Down to the Wire' quest and the ability of the Artisan to offer anything related to the Mailsmithing skill tree.

For those who have progressed in the 'Down to the Wire' quest:
    Convert the 'Down to the Wire' quest to 'Hammer Time' in the journal.
    Grant the equivalent credit for the 'Hammer Time' quest objectives (If they turned in the scales give them credit for the Tinplate, etc.) so they are at the *same level* in the quest and don't need to re-do earlier parts)

If they have completed 'Down to the Wire' grant them credit for completing 'Hammer Time'.

That should allow them to purchase the MWIII recipes and not have to make any more items than what was already required of them (the only loss would be the preliminary stock/materials needed to make the mailsmith items).
    Yes, i just sumitted a ticket as i cannot buy the MW3 recipes (after completing the tasks which came with Mailsmithing, which were more expensive in time than the Platesmithing tasks were.

Having to restart the Armorsmithing Task Tree is an unacceptable answer for a BUG they should have squashed a long time ago, since I am sure we few posting here are not the only ones CHEATED!

@nitocris83
    Wait For It
    > @alphwolfy said:
    > I have the same issue. I completed -Down to the wire- and i have the 20 Adamant Plates, and anyway i can't buy the MW3 recipe. For me the Artisan offer too the other Armorsmithing quest -Hammer Time-
    >
    > Yeah, it's actually fine if someone confirms that we have to do "Hammer Time", i just don't want to spend all my resources on it and then find out I didn't need to in the first place. Can anyone confirm?

no, they obviously don't care
    Wait For It
    This has been bugged since last year, so it appears it will not be corrected.
    How many others are affected?
    Wait For It