test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Griffon's Wrath and Shield Warriors Wrath are still bugged

schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
Chaining Griffons Wrath endless on that dummy today makes me wonder.
Didn´t cryptic fix that issue?
And another point, Shield Warriors Wrath is still not fixed, spending +40% instead of 20% damage since ages !
Changing location the CD procs, but somehow there is still something buggy obviously?

Sry for the miserable quality, no clue what went wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NgRPwILJ94

Comments

• giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited December 2018

Chaining Griffons Wrath endless on that dummy today makes me wonder.
    Didn´t cryptic fix that issue?
    And another point, Shield Warriors Wrath is still not fixed, spending +40% instead of 20% damage since ages !
    Changing location the CD procs, but somehow there is still something buggy obviously?

Sry for the miserable quality, no clue what went wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NgRPwILJ94

As @mamalion1234 said, SWW gives 120% buff, not 40% or 20%: https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1244646/shields-warrior-wrath-120-buff-instead-20

Seems like they added a [1+(1+SWW)] buff multiplier i.e. 2.2x instead of just 1.2x ...
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    edited December 2018
    Can someone tag a dev, please? i can't see any feedback about a fix for this, it's a TRUE game breaker, they were very fast to fix SoD when it was broken, but i can't see a response from devs about this bug.
    edited December 2018
    giz#2086 said:

Can someone tag a dev, please? i can't see any feedback about a fix for this, it's a TRUE game breaker, they were very fast to fix SoD when it was broken, but i can't see a response from devs about this bug.

It's similar to the SoD when it was double dipping debuffs and did 75% of total damage leading up to it proccing, but it just isn't as visible. At least with SoD it happened every 6 seconds and the maximum it could go up to was dependent on the debuffing of the team (300%).

However, with SWW, it isn't directly visible in damage logs, and the community had to go hunting for it. But with the right gear (Survivor's Wraps) or circumstances, the x2.2 buff multiplier on everything is overperforming in PvP and PvE. That video you showed @giz above is really quite demonstrative of this; even the GF which made the video was like WTF is this!? :lol:
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    December 4th....i can still spam Griffon's like at-will power.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi folks! Our team hasn't been able to repro this so for those able to spam Griffon's wrath, could you message me your account info? Thanks!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Hi folks! Our team hasn't been able to repro this so for those able to spam Griffon's wrath, could you message me your account info? Thanks!

Wat? Even I could produce this. Just hide behind your shield and poke things until they melt like butter.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    ghoulz66 said:

Wat? Even I could produce this. Just hide behind your shield and poke things until they melt like butter.
    There are multiple factors that can impact the ability to repro an issue: gear, other powers used, location, etc. Having account info will allow us to look directly at examples where the issue was experienced instead of us spending more time trying to make the issue happen on our end. It basically speeds up the investigation.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    The main issue I have with GW is that it will tell me that (target) is out of range when I'm close enough to pick its pocket. I suspect that it's out of charges, but the UI doesn't show the charge count.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    @nitocris83
    Last time I checked SWW was on preview before mod lauch, where I saw an exact +40% damage-buff (damage x 1.4), like it was for ages now. I did not recognize that SWW now buffs for 120% tbh.

On Preview 1 Griffon with testweapon, no Boons, no buffs, no feats:
    unbuffed - 6128
    marked target - 9063 (6128 x 1.479) - mark is supposed to spend 20% buff, did you rework mark?
    double marked -9952
    SWW 5x- 13237 (6128 x 2.16) - Shield Warriors Wrath should spend 20% buff not 116%, it was bugged for ages spending 40%...but now?
    SWW 5x marked -19577 (6128 x 2.16 x 1.479)
    double marked -21496

Cryptic numbers to me, maybe someone can control those results?
    I did not recognize that buff but it simply explains why my max selfbuffed Griffons Wrath deal insane numbers!
    Please fix asap, thx
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

ghoulz66 said:

There are multiple factors that can impact the ability to repro an issue: gear, other powers used, location, etc. Having account info will allow us to look directly at examples where the issue was experienced instead of us spending more time trying to make the issue happen on our end. It basically speeds up the investigation.
    I got the mainhand bonus that buffs aggravating strike, and the offhand bonus for SWW. Along with Combat superiority. Other than that nothing special.
    edited December 2018
    ghoulz66 said:

ghoulz66 said:

I got the mainhand bonus that buffs aggravating strike, and the offhand bonus for SWW. Along with Combat superiority. Other than that nothing special.
    I got none of those on preview.
    Beside that SWW buffs ALL DAMAGE for 116% or 120% as stated in that linked threat above, leading to absurd burst in PVP and PVE.
    That´s 3 times the ammount SWW did through all those last mods, being bugged and doing double the ammount it should !
    20% following tooltip, now it more that doubles all damage, combined with mark it triples damage as my numbers show.

Mark looks bugged too somehow, buffing my damage x 1.48.
    I am not aware if that 20% debuff was changed ? @nitocris83
    Maybe I misinterpret the result about mark...but can´t tell where I failed
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    marking opens target to combat advantage. check the circle under the target to see if it is now blue. then your dmg goes up based on how much CA you have (speaking generically here, not formulaically). This is WAI.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

edited December 2018

Mark looks bugged too somehow, buffing my damage x 1.48.
    I am not aware if that 20% debuff was changed ? @nitocris83
    Maybe I misinterpret the result about mark...but can´t tell where I failed

marking opens target to combat advantage. check the circle under the target to see if it is now blue. then your dmg goes up based on how much CA you have (speaking generically here, not formulaically). This is WAI.

@checkmatein3 is correct, the Mark applies CA.

Tested with my GF:

1) First hit GW [no CA, no Mark] = 9660.9 damage

2) Second hit GW [CA from pet, no Mark] = 11005.9 damage (CA provided 14% damage multiplier in my case)

3) Third hit GW [Marked + CA; NB: Mark automatically provides 360 degree CA on the target] = 13228 damage (Mark provided 20% damage multiplier from (2), and 37% damage multiplier from (1) which is equivalent to 1.14*1.2=1.37).
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

The main issue I have with GW is that it will tell me that (target) is out of range when I'm close enough to pick its pocket. I suspect that it's out of charges, but the UI doesn't show the charge count.

This right here ^
    I don't know how you guys are able to spam GW, on my GF I can hit three times then it goes on cooldown. It also does the above quoted text sometimes where it seems like its off cooldown (as there is no timer/looks active) yet I cant use it because it gives the message "Target is out of range".

I've done the exact sequence done in OP's video and I still can't chain it. So was it fixed for some and not others??
    eion311 said:

hustin1 said:

This right here ^
    I don't know how you guys are able to spam GW, on my GF I can hit three times then it goes on cooldown. It also does the above quoted text sometimes where it seems like its off cooldown (as there is no timer/looks active) yet I cant use it because it gives the message "Target is out of range".

I've done the exact sequence done in OP's video and I still can't chain it. So was it fixed for some and not others??
    I really don´t know what my observation is about, standing at that dummy on 23.11. and chaining GW, but it was like that, heading over to another map the cooldown worked again...
    GW like now is "buggy" or "tricky" , summing it up: " the old version was far more enjoyable and predictable than the new version"
    edited December 2018
    GF@onehityouwithanyofmyencounter - 34:0 (k/d) :)
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    So many GFs running with

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Survivor's_Wraps

now...i wonder why :p

Spidey
    edited December 2018

Having account info will allow us to look directly at examples where the issue was experienced instead of us spending more time trying to make the issue happen on our end. It basically speeds up the investigation.

Dumb question:
    What can you investigate with the account info? He tells you his acc info and now you can check how he is performing this bug, instead of watching his vid he posted too?
    I dont get it....how can a look in an account help anyone to see how a bug works? Maybe some one can enlight me plz? Thx in advance.

Having account info will allow us to look directly at examples where the issue was experienced instead of us spending more time trying to make the issue happen on our end. It basically speeds up the investigation.

Dumb question:
    What can you investigate with the account info? He tells you his acc info and now you can check how he is performing this bug, instead of watching his vid he posted too?
    I dont get it....how can a look in an account help anyone to see how a bug works? Maybe some one can enlight me plz? Thx in advance.

We basically make a copy of their character to use internally (we don't impact the original character in any way) which allows us to play in as similar a fashion as possible as the people with issues. It's kind of a remote way of us sitting in your computer chair only not creepy :D

We basically make a copy of their character to use internally (we don't impact the original character in any way) which allows us to play in as similar a fashion as possible as the people with issues.

You know that this answer sounds.....not really professionell, do you? Anyway. Thx for answering my question. Finally i got an answer. Not like the question i sended you 2 months ago and never was answered. But i guess you are to busy to read all your messages. Nvm.
    I know now i have to share my acc informations with the ingame support if i see a bug. Good to know.