test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Workshop upgrade to lvl-3 (500,000 commissions???) your nuts!

tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 188 Arc User
Earn 500,000 in commissions, or spend AD. If your new and don't have AD you need to do commissions. This is insane, they change everyday. Chult ones aren't listed. Unless you spend AD right now your workshop will be useless in 6 months. It always is!!! If you have millions in AD or old supplies hey you got lucky....your workshop will be viable for 6 months. Someone said its like 5 million AD to upgrade, I don't know the actual numbers. Yet even for those people can they make that AD back in the 6 months or less before the workshop is useless?

MAIN POINT HERE!!
Before your professions still had some use, you could earn experience through them. This is why everyone had leadership at 25. Now once the power creep jumps above the professions they are done. There is no reason to do anything anymore in them....period.
This is one of the worst profession resets. Even STO had an upgrade system to keep stuff up too date. Even the new better profession system in STO became useless. In STO you made low level stuff with the stats you want and then upgrade...so that system failed big time too...no one makes mark 12 gear its useless. Neverwinter doesn't even have an upgrade system to make it useful after the first power creep(next mod or two).
I just realized after complaining about not being to open my porfessions, that this is totally useless to proceed any further in them. I mean if Cryptic does not upgrade professions with any powercreep of a new expansion then all this is for naught.
The only purpose of the workshop is to trick some people into spending AD on it and getting rid of it. By the next expansion the gold sink of it will be useless too and people will be building gold again....because the workshop is useless.

ALSO:
There is no room for expansion in levels because you've used every type of resource name. What is beyond adamantium?...unobtanium copper?

Right now there is nothing that can beat the workshop stuff in game. Give a new player lvl-10 (+1) stuff and they will still be using it past level 26!!! Its only lvl 10 stuff!! That for levels 0-69 will always be that way. But once a player reaches the max level the power creep is obvious. You have a blue weapon that can get you through multiple level 70 campaigns were the special set weapons are way less powerful. You still get these as rewards but there useless. Oh here have this enchanted this enchanted butter knife that you have to restore that was once the most powerful weapon in the game. The new blue weapons are so powerful the group can kill the demogorgon in under 10 seconds!!...but the butterknife of old will take you like 20 minutes.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Got one of my workshops to rank 3 already without spending AD. What I did do was convert a large amount of the silver tickets you get from your retainer for trading in old prof resources, for SSTC credits. My CW had about 6-7 million in tickets from trading in old stuff.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    As for filling commissions today, if you have morale and resources to make something on Begum's list, spend the morale until you can't, and turn in what you made to Begum.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    500.000 isnt that much, completely fine imo
  • Options
    The 5 mil from rank 3 to rank 4, on the other hand...

Scratching at about 2 mil so far.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I don't think it's something they meant for new players to be able to do in a day, just saying. It's supposed to take a bit of time. Be patient, and work on it bit by bit. You'll get there.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Mithral and Adamantine (not adamantium. That's Marvel comics) are both long-time materials in the D&D game.

Not sure what this has to do with the rest of your rant, though.

Me? I will deliver items periodically in order to level my shop up as I make gold from crafting and adventuring.

If it comes to be that the items that I can make are no good then so be it.

I have never been part of any guild so I don't have any masterwork crafting stuff unlocked, but improving my workshop and playing with the crafting system are things that I can do in the game.

Game.

It's not life or death stuff here. Some people need to learn to relax.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    500K is trivial to get and most of the time you just make stuff that you can sell for ADs on the AH (like the jewelcrafting necks) which go for way more than the 3500 or whatever you get for donating them. Then you use ADs to buy it.

You should get way more for donating.

the 5M however for R4 IS ludicrous particularly if you don't mastercraft, and the fact that it's per character rather than per account.
  • Options
    It's a "personal workshop". Why should your other characters benefit from the work of one?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I took 7 alts to Workshop level 3 and one to level 4. It mostly cost me a part of the credits I got for converting old materials and a few days of crafting. No big deal.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Today you could for example spend a bit of credits on beeswax and trade that to get from 2 to 3. 2223 beeswax should do the trick.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    greywynd said:

It's a "personal workshop". Why should your other characters benefit from the work of one?

Because this game poops on alts from a great height and this is just another example, an account wide workshop would make the module much more fun for people who craft on many characters. One of my friends has 8 mastercrafting alts - he split his mastercrafting one prof per character, want him to spend 40M really ? when there was no indication at the time he did it that this was a bad idea.

I have 2 at level 3 and 5 at level 2.

• Options

Because this game poops on alts from a great height and this is just another example, an account wide workshop would make the module much more fun for people who craft on many characters. One of my friends has 8 mastercrafting alts - he split his mastercrafting one prof per character, want him to spend 40M really ? when there was no indication at the time he did it that this was a bad idea.

If you want your alts to see some love, spend time with them, nurture them, let them grow.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

greywynd said:

Having 8 MW chars is a huge advantage. If they already invested in the unlocks and Gond, they have a huge slot advantage at workshop rank 3, over a person with 1-2 chars with workshop rank 4. And able to force the Artisans they want without any costs.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    There is pretty much nothing in this crafting system that is unattainable to the “average” player, with the arguable exception of the RNG or high investment required to obtain a Forgehammer for optimal master craft. Everything else is a matter of getting it done today or this week vs. a few months down the road.

Lady Begum’s list is simple even for players without tons of credits. You find one or more things you can easily craft in bulk, then stockpile them for when they are in demand again. I don’t at all understand the complaints about elitism in this context.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    greywynd said:

If you want your alts to see some love, spend time with them, nurture them, let them grow.
    All my 16 alts are lvl 70, all except the new one made after the release had one or more R25 professions (2 had R25 all), 11 or 12 are 13K+, yes I play my alts and nurture them, I don't even as some people do, acquire one set of account bound companion equipment and shift it around or move enchants, yes I work my alts hard. The new mod however is a complete pain for alts, I'm spending 80%+ of my time crafting and 20% of my time playing.

• Options

All my 16 alts are lvl 70, all except the new one made after the release had one or more R25 professions (2 had R25 all), 11 or 12 are 13K+, yes I play my alts and nurture them, I don't even as some people do, acquire one set of account bound companion equipment and shift it around or move enchants, yes I work my alts hard. The new mod however is a complete pain for alts, I'm spending 80%+ of my time crafting and 20% of my time playing.

I do the same, except for the last sentence. I check Begum's list, make with Morale and turn those in. And let 3 projects run and build up a stockpile of whatever I'm working towards.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

I do the same, except for the last sentence. I check Begum's list, make with Morale and turn those in. And let 3 projects run and build up a stockpile of whatever I'm working towards.
    I would do that but some of my professions are low enough level I end up with a full box too fast. Maybe I should just settle for 1-3 professions on each character, actually levelling all of them which is MUCH MUCH SLOWER than under the old system where I could level pretty much anything except leadership 1-25 in a few days. 1-70 will take much longer.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited November 2018

greywynd said:

I would do that but some of my professions are low enough level I end up with a full box too fast. Maybe I should just settle for 1-3 professions on each character, actually levelling all of them which is MUCH MUCH SLOWER than under the old system where I could level pretty much anything except leadership 1-25 in a few days. 1-70 will take much longer.

Yes, life is LOT easier if you had profession that were 25 (became 70) and that includes leadership 25 (became Gathering 70).
    I "test" with a new characters to check out the new profession to see what I should avoid the bugs.
    That was a lot of pain before I finally use the mature characters and I have not even tapped to the full potential of my mature characters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

greywynd said:

Yes, life is LOT easier if you had profession that were 25 (became 70) and that includes leadership 25 (became Gathering 70).
    I "test" with a new characters to check out the new profession to see what I should avoid the bugs.
    That was a lot of pain before I finally use the mature characters and I have not even tapped to the full potential of my mature characters.
    Yeah, I'm experiencing the full new char experience with the one I created for the event (R2 workshop, Gathering 27, Blacksmithing 44 and a few others around 20). The worst bit is I started crafting on Thursday after the patch and still haven't been offered a single alchemist (even a terrible one) so can't get that moving.

All my old chars had at least R25 leadership and 2 others at R20, some more than this, one has full mastercrafting and a forgehammer.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    It is abit wacky but just wait till you see the next tier's numbers.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    jade1280 said:

It is abit wacky but just wait till you see the next tier's numbers.

Yeah. It's not really wacky. As others have already stated, 500k isn't that much. 5m is quite a bit. The second one will take a while for everyone, except the super rich. The first will only take a little while if you're new to professions. Even so, it's not tough to get. In either case, you craft something stackable that she'll take and turn that in when she wants it. If you're willing to spend your morale on instantly crafting stuff, go find out what she wants that day and use morale to bang out some of those.

Either way, it wasn't meant to be instantaneous for people working their way through crafting.
  • Options
    juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    you are wrong. the starting players has no gold stack. they cant do the leveling and the crafting together.
    And morale dont help because you need gold to pay the commision.
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

you are wrong. the starting players has no gold stack. they cant do the leveling and the crafting together.

To be fair under the old system it used to take weeks or even months to get "crafters" to high levels :)
  • Options

To be fair under the old system it used to take weeks or even months to get "crafters" to high levels :)
    No it didn't if you had the slightest clue what you were doing, only leadership took a while.

You bought purple crafters and assets, used them to open slots and if you couldn't afford to keep them, sold them again taking only the 10% AH cut loss (or you borrowed them from guildies).
  • Options

No it didn't if you had the slightest clue what you were doing, only leadership took a while.

You bought purple crafters and assets, used them to open slots and if you couldn't afford to keep them, sold them again taking only the 10% AH cut loss (or you borrowed them from guildies).
    Yes, Alchemy took a few days. Leadership took a long while. The rest were within 2 weeks.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Did you instantly have the AD to buy purple crafters and assests? That took me a while to get to in the old days :)
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Got one of my workshops to rank 3 already without spending AD. What I did do was convert a large amount of the silver tickets you get from your retainer for trading in old prof resources, for SSTC credits. My CW had about 6-7 million in tickets from trading in old stuff.

Do this.

If you were crafting regularly before, especially if you collected a ton of old materials while doing basic content and invested in epic artisans, those are worth millions of tickets. Today, Lady Begum is buying myrrh. She will give 750 credit for myrrh but it only costs 300 from your materials exchange. Easily to level 4 in a few minutes.

Yes, I finally gained access to professions after the last patch and I could accept new artisans. Of course, the market is totally wrecked now so thanks for that. Missing out on the first few days rush for materials likely cost me millions of AD. Now I don't know what to do because there is virtually no demand for crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Did you instantly have the AD to buy purple crafters and assests? That took me a while to get to in the old days :)
    Depends on how old the old days was, the epic labour and tools were pretty cheap at certain point of the game when the lockbox just split them out like crazy. I am talking about well within 4 digit AD. That was the time people complained about the lockbox only gave "useless" crafters and assets. I had a few guildies were very pissed and left the game because of the profession crafter/asset market crash.