test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchanted Broom Mount - Thoughts

Got the Broom mount after about 4 hrs of grinding the Masquerade once it went live, played around with it rest of the day. Thought I'd offer some feedback on it.

I really enjoy the flying and the 'speed up' feature. That once you get going it looks like you buckle down to fly faster. I like the sudden brake animation if you come to a stop while in that speed up animation.
I also enjoy that it has a summon/mount up animation. That is a necessity for me personally (I never liked the rush of dust/fire/snow and then you appear on your mount)

Dislike:
Personally, I think it needs to fly higher off the ground. I'm pretty certain it was mentioned while on Preview server, but to add another voice: It needs to fly higher off the ground. Especially in the speed up animation, I'm pretty sure my character is going to need new kneecaps after scraping them on the ground while flying. It really doesn't need to be that much higher, maybe a foot or two and you'd be clear for most terrain in the game.
Also a minor nitpick, during the idle spacebar animation while your broom is sweeping your character looks extremely rigid. It's similar to the Whirlwind idle animation, but here your character looks stiff and unnatural.

All in all:
I really enjoy the mount, and appreciate all the work that went in it. A few minor tweaks and it'd be really stellar.
Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment

Comments

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    also would be nice if we have another version like demon sled in winter festival
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Nimbus 2019 with flames shooting out the back end.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User

Personally, I think it needs to fly higher off the ground. I'm pretty certain it was mentioned while on Preview server, but to add another voice: It needs to fly higher off the ground. Especially in the speed up animation, I'm pretty sure my character is going to need new kneecaps after scraping them on the ground while flying. It really doesn't need to be that much higher, maybe a foot or two and you'd be clear for most terrain in the game.

+1 Agreed
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • joxer#1484 joxer Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Another +1 to this request.

• pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    And better sound like a boom when it "breaks the sound barrier". Otherwise, love this mount!
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

It needs to fly higher off the ground. Especially in the speed up animation, I'm pretty sure my character is going to need new kneecaps after scraping them on the ground while flying. It really doesn't need to be that much higher, maybe a foot or two and you'd be clear for most terrain in the game.

+1 for this. It gets most obvious when you fly up some stairs: you actually fly "through" to upper edges of the stairs.

Additionally I'd like to change the mounting sequence a little. Or the sound of it, to be more precise. Although there might be issues with the copyright, I'd love to hear "Accio broom!" when the broom arrives. ;-)