test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New professional issues, since 1008a.4

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
Other THREADs with outstanding bugs:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243197/New-professional-issues-since-0924-a1-0924-a2
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243406/New-professional-issues-since-1008a-2
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243757/new-professional-issues-since-1022a-3

Please & Thank You: Note I'll add more new BUGS to Thread as they found.

1st Issue: Material Exchange Credit @ Retainer: I think, most looks good here, other than perhaps a few 1:1 perhaps increased to 2:1. Currently most items only offer 2:1, 4:1, 6:1 or 8:1 especially common or uncommon resources/materials - the only exception is Leadership Resources! I did however notice a few resources previously missing, were now appearing for credit, still may need one more pass, see 4th Issue below.

NOTE: In this build if you have running projects of 3-9, seems once you get to the worktable, you can then cancel old projects, or you can choose to wait for them to finish.

2nd Issue: This time - Requirements not met - trying to open the Epic Artisan Recruitment, Rare Artisan Recruitment, and Common Artisan Recruitment. In 1008.a2 - I had no problem meeting requirements, at least to open earlier packs I just listed--only I wasn't awarded the last epic artisan for 3rd tier. I have obtained 500,000 credit from Merielle Begum at the Auction House as well. Still says Requirements not met despite earning 225,000+ Asset credit & 500,000 credit with Merielle? I suspect this problem has gotten worse in this patch not better. Now it effects the retainer packs from professional slots, in addition to the Professional Artisan Recruitment. :'(

Regarding this: :-1: 1008.a4 patch notes!
Professions Fixes / Changes
Artisans and Adventurers
Artisan Recruitment Scrolls can now consistently be used when the player has at least one free space open for artisans of a given type.

[10/19]: NOTE: You now allowed to gain access to 8th Artisan, or 3rd Epic Professional Slot Reward, but now you just can't open it! That's in addition to Professional Artisan Pack that you previously couldn't open in 1008.a2. Just now it also applies to the 3 quality of packs from the Retainer! I've even given her all Beezwax, to pay for the 500,000 commission! Certainly accepted all Artisan's who've applied to the shop! The character was only copied to PREVIEW after 1008.a4 patch was downloaded. So now I'm stuck. Cause none of the Artisan packs will open, and accepted everyone who's applied! Perhaps hit a daily limit after 5, so I sitting at 9/10 artisans, after upgrading Workshop to 2! Regardless, something needs to be fixed. I try copying down two character's tomorrow and try again, perhaps see what I notice that might be different.

[10/20] NOTE: Today no different. I worked my way to complete the entire campaign, and still unable to open not a single Artisan Pack! This time what I notice that is different is last time Merielle Begum didn't recognize the Quicksilver as a resource to accept for Credit despite having it! This time she accepts Quicksilver not Beezwax? Also now I'm seeing Honey as a potential currency material I didn't before?

3rd Issue: Acquisition Inc - Leveling Quests Issues: Level of enemy not correct, or other issues needing attention!

DUNGEON MAINTENANCE: I see Jhazel but there seems to be an invisible barrier, prevents you from attacking or vice-versa? All Enemy NPC are however listed at Level 15 which is correct. Seems it fixed itself going up the Mine shaft again, then coming back down. Then it played the animation, then you could start confrontation.

INFORMATION ACQUISITION: Seems the Level is fine still on the outside getting off the Airship, yet once you enter the Mountain, to get Crystals enemy are 40 for the 35 level quest! This still needs to be corrected.

CONVENTION INFILTRATION: This time after speaking to the drunk beholder, then approaching the bartender, first time she offered the Fez! So this a huge improvement - so a super huge thank you - for correcting this. Not the run-around like in 1008.a2 that you could spend a long time getting confused. Seems fixed!

RENAER'S SALVATION: River District enemy still 73, though you can mostly avoid them. I suspect after landing on shore exiting the boat, the crab still be far more aggressive and 73 is confirmed as well. There also the enemy after rejoining the beholder who were 37, yet in build 1008.a4 they but only 30 so got worst--not quite sure why?

4th Issue: Given that Bandit Camp Clue recieves last I checked 180:1 and Wand of Detect Aberrant or Wand of Detect Demons seem now at 200:1 - perhaps give credit to Dragon Egg 240:1? There several other old materials missing for credit: Brightleaf, Dark Clover, Desert Rose, Elemental &/or Fundamental Elements, Residuum, Symbol of Moradin, Symbol or Tempus, for example + others.

5th Issue: Artisan's who applying apply to the Workshop. Seems I honestly getting more than ALL Alchemist and virtually nothing but! I got 2 gathers I got as part of the initial 2, along with 2 Blacksmiths based upon my selection for Blacksmith. Yet in the 7 addition Artisan's who applied I've got 7 Alchemist (after dismissing 1) but zero Artificiers, zero new Blacksmiths, zero Jewelers, zero Armorers, zero Tailors, zero Leatherworkers. In fact all 7 that had applied were exclusively Alchemists? They used to be a lot more varied! Something is clearly broken, in what type of artisans, may apply to the workshop? So now I stuck cause I can't create Mithral Kite Shield, or any other item to give to knox. Unless I power level Alchemy... ...perhaps I try just cause then I want to see if Requirements not met is removed, thought I suspect it won't cause it didn't in 1008.a2 either.

[10/21]: Then 2 days later, I finally got my first adventurer, have to see if it just extremely insane bad luck?

[10/22]: Seem yet more Alchemists, now at 9/10 of them, not sure if it's cause I levelling it? Cause that was the only thing different from last build, to see how leveling a new prof might change things, or possibly introduce unforeseen situations. Next time perhaps I try copying one who's levelling Jewelcraft or something else? Thought I think this likely something several will see, that the Artisan's are coming from mostly one area?

6th Issue: Artisans & Tools always unslotted. Constantly re-slot tools and artisans is crazy especially if you using MORAL. hopefully they FIX this in next patch or two.

7th Issue: Seems you often can't slot lower level, higher level, &/or supplements! Okay guys - totally AGREE and get why higher level supplements &/or tools may not be allowed - at least until you reach a certain level; but my goodness if we want to use a lower level tool &/or supplement don't also restrict that! I mean it works to our disadvantage, but if it's the best tool we have let us use it! Same goes for Supplements...

8th Issue: Mithral Knightly Sword unavailable at 52, and many wrong/changed materials. I see a 51 item to craft a Bronzewood Macuahuitl which is a Mastercraft V item starting at Item Level 515? Craft with 3x Mithral Ingot, 1x Yew Lumber, and 1x Fish Glue> - Alchemy potions wrong too!

I know they working hard though... ...and doing their best! So we thank them!

<3

@asterdahl
@noworries#8859
@terramak
@nitocris83
@percemer
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    New issue, temporarily unable to cancel a gathering task due to 0s (zero seconds) turnaround. I had a virtuoso that could (on a 10% chance) produce an item in no time. Then she went 'nutso' and collected 100 portions of 12 maple sap (1200 items) in about 2 minutes, then she went back to normal collection and I cancelled the task and gave he a new one - Collecting Black tip ooysters.
  • Options
    strathkin said:

[10/19]: NOTE: Now you can finally gain access to the 8th Artisan or 3rd Epic one. But now they all say 'requirement not met' just like Professional Artisan Recruitment packs said in 1008.a2 from the toolbox. I guess people will be required to wait for applicants to apply now? Though seems 2-3 hours after returning I got 5 new applicants.

Still seems there a few new fixes, and some new issues, so still some cleanup for launch.

<3

@asterdahl
    @noworries#8859
    @nitocris83
    @percemer </p>

The requirement not met is 200,000 Gold Scrip, unless you have 200,000 Gold scrip.
  • Options
    Had the all that applied were the Profession you requested problem too. Also still having the ZERO SECOND COMPLETION (100 times in a row bug), the problem is there is no time to shut down the order. A 5 second delay would help. Regular orders can be cancelled any time during the order time period, but ZERO SECONDS gives you no time to cancel the order.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Yea something is going on! :o

I think my Primary Profession was set to Blacksmith cause my first 2 were Blacksmith and then 2 were Adventurer's. Thought perhaps you choose Alchemy as your Primary. I have gotten 9/10 Alchemists and only 1 Adventurer, finally the next was a Blacksmith. But the first 9 being Alchemists seems highly unusual!

Now I haven't been on preview as much today, or even Saturday, or at least doing too much--not feeling so hot. So I only had 1 new Artisan apply to the shop, but again it was another Alchemist. But in 1008.a2 they used to be from any given profession, now you have a 90-95% chance exclusively come from but 1, based on what I've seen so far...

@noworries#8859
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    strathkin said:

I think my Primary Profession was set to Blacksmith cause my first 2 were Blacksmith and then 2 were Adventurer's. Thought perhaps you choose Alchemy as your Primary. I have gotten 9/10 Alchemists and only 1 Adventurer.

Well, I picked Alchemy as my primary, so I started with two Alchemists and two gatherers. Since then I have gotten 3 more alchemists, one Jewelcrafter and one Leatherworker (I think, might have been Blacksmith, don't remember - at work right now).

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    There two of us that have noticed, mostly getting Artisan's in one profession. I admit it could just be really extremely bad luck, or could be something has changed. While you have seemed to slightly broken the norm, even you have gotten 3/5 alchemists and possibly your next one will be too? Seems you at least a little more lucky than Grog or me.

I also wanted to comment here, you seemed to notice if all 12/12 delivery box filled, you seem unable to cancel them at work table. Only thing I'd suggest is check how they show at Delivery Box, unless that's not yet available? But if so then I'm not sure how you got to 12 cause even on a character with 9 previous projects only 9 would have been filled. So you likely got it to 10 by crafting your first item, but that can also be picked up at Work Table.

NOTE: I did indeed CONFIRM it will advance 'Take Your Items From The Delivery Box" even if it's a Wizard's Satchell from Leadership! Likely just taking any item will.

If you have anything specific, to add or report, might be good to include here.

Thank You @adinosii
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Given that Bandit Camp Clue and Wand of Detect Aberrant seem to now be giving 180:1 &/or 200:1 perhaps Dragon Egg get added to 240:1

I suspect Dragon Egg likely deserves more than Wand of Detect Aberrant/Demon?

Added to 4th Issue above.

Other items that currently convert using Material currency include:
    • Brightleaf
    • Dark Clover
    • Desert Rose
    • Elemental Elements (Earth, Fire, Wind, etc...)
    • Fundamental Elements
    • Residuum
    • Symbol of Moradin
    • Symbol of Tempus
    • +others
    @nitocris83
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    strathkin said:

There two of us that have noticed, mostly getting Artisan's in one profession. I admit it could just be really extremely bad luck, or could be something has changed. While you have seemed to slightly broken the norm, even you have gotten 3/5 alchemists and possibly your next one will be too? Seems you at least a little more lucky than Grog or me.

I had 2 applications waiting for me when I checked today - one Alchemist, one Blacksmith....so in total I have 6 Alchemists, 2 Adventurers, 1 Leatherworker, one Jewelcrafter and one Blacksmith.
    strathkin said:

I also wanted to comment here, you seemed to notice if all 12/12 delivery box filled, you seem unable to cancel them at work table. Only thing I'd suggest is check how they show at Delivery Box, unless that's not yet available?

This is what I see:

As you can see the button is grayed out, and the delivery box is non-interactable. There is no box hovering above it and I cannot take anything from it or interact with it in any way. Note that this is from my "Tanya 47@adinosii" character...On "Tanya 48@adinosii", I cleared the 9 profession slots before copying the character over and there everything is just fine.
    strathkin said:

But if so then I'm not sure how you got to 12 cause even on a character with 9 previous projects only 9 would have been filled. So you likely got it to 10 by crafting your first item, but that can also be picked up at Work Table.

Yes, that's what I did....I am deliberately trying to break things. It is just so much more fun than to do everything just the way developers expect players to act.
  • Options
    Some recipes are just wrong. I select Luminescent Fortification Potion, and I get Elemental Earth (with 3xtools and 2xsupplements) A few of the other Luminescent potion potions are equally messed-up.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I think I finally got a Blacksmith! So I now at 9/10 Alchemists, 1 Adventurer, & 1 Blacksmith.

But I also noticed I don't see the Mithral Knightly Sword to try and craft the High Quality version +1 to create and give as a GIFT to Knox. It should be a level 52 Blacksmith option but isn't there.

I added 8th Issue above to denote some gear/items don't seem to be correct.

I noted above it claim I can craft, a Bronzewood Macuahuitl a Mastercraft V item showing 515 Artifact Weapon at level 51. Seems all it wants to craft it too is 3x Mithral Ingot, 1 Yew Lumber, and 1 Fish Glue. I also tried to fit in a note about Alchemy potions which @adinosii identified not me, but I now at maximum post size give or take 2/3 characters. :s
    adinosii said:

Some recipes are just wrong. I select Luminescent Fortification Potion, and I get Elemental Earth (with 3xtools and 2xsupplements) A few of the other Luminescent potion potions are equally messed-up.

So hopefully this is only caused by a TEMP change, and not going to mess things up for long?
  • Options
    Further update on the popularity of the Alchemists....

This is getting silly - they outnumber the rest combined.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Further update on the popularity of the Alchemists....

This is getting silly - they outnumber the rest combined.

It's like this for me, too. In fact, one of the characters I copied to Preview has only alchemists (10), adventurers (2), and no other artisans. And I haven't been able to get the playtest artisan recruitment scrolls or the profession slot unlock scrolls to work.
  • Options
    To advance to different (and more variety) of professionals, sell 50,000 Gold Scrip worth of products to the South Seas Market, For more variety Sell 500,000 Gold Scrip worth of products to the South Seas Market,
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

To advance to different (and more variety) of professionals, sell 50,000 Gold Scrip worth of products to the South Seas Market, For more variety Sell 500,000 Gold Scrip worth of products to the South Seas Market,

The character I was referencing already has a level 4 workshop. What's your next theory, please?
  • Options
    Next theory, how many level 60 and 70 adventurers do you have? I'm only at rank 3 workshop but I have 27 workers 2-4 in almost every category, 5 each in Adventurer & Alchemy and a half dozen are level 60-70. Every type except Dab Hand.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I think you also denoted earlier, "Had the all that applied were the Profession you requested problem too" so I know you had seen it on one of your several characters. I'm hoping your not confusing one created earlier, with a more recently created one, but I also know you generally good at catching most things. Grog is a nice & does try his best to help, I know we all speculate sometimes, cause we all like to find the cause or workaround.

Let's let DEVs look into - cause it still seems to be effecting many.

We've reported seeing 75-90% more applications from Alchemy. I still have 5 professions of the 8 with not a single artisan! Remember you get 2 in your Primary & 2 then in Adventuring / Gathering. So I've only gotten 1-2 in one other Profession 'Blacksmith' a week later.

If anyone notices, any new usual issues, please include below.
  • Options
    I'm Rank 3, have 31 Professionals: 1 Epic, Many Rares, the rest Common, at least 3 in every category, many are Rank 50 and above, the Epic is Rank 70, 5 of the Rares are 60-69 and 7 of the Commons are 60-69. Today I have no applications, but only 1 open slot. The majority of applications are Alchemy,until recently when non- alchemy classes were 3-2 of the last 5.

This has, so far, cost me about 400 Gold,but i haven't done a lot of questing and would be a lot more without the freebies (special purchases).