test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

aura of courage hit once per conduit of ice-icy terrain

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

icy terrain and coi used to proc aura of courage for every tic.
on preview they proc aura of courage only for the first hit.
Is that an intended change or a bug ? i cant find a change like this in patch notes.

note: changes like those make a gwf not only top enchant proc but and aura of courage proc comparing to other classes.
Post edited by mamalion1234 on

Comments

• Options
    veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User

This will put all focus on managing AT-WILL powers of each class and will have a great REWORK of Weapon Enchantments, which is a major + and will put some fresh air in that area.

It continues to surprise me how you have no idea how balance works.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Based on what? How can you even constitute a statement like that without offering any sort of information to back it up?
    So far I've predicted all balancing schematics in the game as well as what developers might do. The only thing that is a surprise to me is how TR changes took place, but perhaps devs found that class needs more working on in the future and are just making some solid ground for later on. And it's not that difficult, it's just spotting what's OP and diminish that to some extent. Then follow the pattern of what it can influence down the line.
    It also surprises me that you can't see how this influences economy as well as how it opens door for people to focus on more pressing matters once it's out of the picture, as it is usually the case.
    So you can't deal with all problems at once as DEV note once stated it doesn't work for them to add a bunch of small fixes from patch to patch as they work with big patches per several months or even years and big changes down the line. Sure, some classes will be OP now but in turn to them being/hitting harder, it will only show that such classes also need to be worked on. It's rather simple, again.
    In cases that those classes aren't worked on, then buffs will eventually come to the classes who got left out from Weapon Enchantment stuff.
    AoC is a FEATURE POWER which works better than all FEATURE powers in-game combined! Such a thing was too good not to use, to the point where people called it mandatory to be used which is a load of bs imho, and I called for it to be toned down multiple times. And it got toned down without breaking it's damaging potential for most damaging encounters which people use anyway once they utilize single-target spells to begin with.
    DoTs got wrecked in the process, same like when DoTs got wrecked in the process of disrupting Lightning Enchantment.
    Again, MULTIPROCING is a thing of the past. Multiprocing is clearly not how devs intended this game to be played and this fixing proves to be remnants of that idea made over a year ago (if not more).
    Bad for some SWEs, bad for MoFs who utilize buffs via party to use AoC + Fey in order to do exponential damage as it all scales with pt buffs.
    So, no, it is a good change as it diminishes damaging properties of encounters which were exploiting something which was never really intended to work the way it did. To assume that it was WAI based on simply how long it took to fix it is what's wrong here and we already know that it takes a long time for Cryptic devs to actually fix something mechanics-wise.

AoC nerf is a good thing.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @c1k4ml3kc3

So here you admit you're calling for a nerf, rather than a balance?
    Ain't consistency a slang for female dog.

And no, all classes shouldn't have the same attack speed. Changing the entire class completely just so your role-playing stiffy could be happy is a terrible idea.

Complaint wizard down to the core. Wouldn't be happy if his Ice Knife worked like Divine Judgement with infinite AoE range, and could one-shot entire tong without proccing bondings. It's hilarious.
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    CW is already nulled by this:
    Icy Veins: Fixed an issue where this feat would trigger multiple times via Icy Terrain and Conduit of Ice (and possibly other powers)

It's a F HAMSTER nerf.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

• Options
    edited October 2018

@c1k4ml3kc3

So here you admit you're calling for a nerf, rather than a balance?

And no, all classes shouldn't have the same attack speed. Changing the entire class completely just so your role-playing stiffy could be happy is a terrible idea.

You don't understand. A class should do damage based on its build and effort/skill put into gameplay. A class shouldn't do damage by taking other people's power sharing or (de)buffs to the point where it only matters who hits faster. Currently, that is the case and DCs would rather buff GWFs than any other class in-game. At the moment you needn't more than one single solitary MoF in party for CODG let's say and only for the sake of a slightly more (de)buffing options.

It is a nerf as it fundamentally changes several classes being dependant upon it's damage, however it is not strictly speaking a nerf to OP classes as their damage will more or less remain the same.

it is not an intentional nerf, if that's what you're getting at, but more of a fix of a broken mechanic. Dynamically it does take away from some of the buffier groups that deal a lot of DoTs (SW/MoF), but not completely.

I am calling for AoC nerf for a long time now as it is one of the pivotal examples of an overpowered feature power. It was even more self-explanatory when everyone ran 2 x DC+ 2 x OP not so long ago. AoC is just too good of a feature power for practically NO EFFORT at all.

For many classes this will open the door to their actual damaging possibilities being properly calculated, especially after power-sharing goes out the window, too.
    The skill is too powerful as it does several things at once proving not only to scale with buffs but also to scale with specific enchantment as it allows more damage that way to the point where everything else is completely void and not necessary to use in any case scenario.
    If this proves to be an actual nerf, it is extremely good thing if true as it will allow more breathing space for classes to do actual damage based on their selected build. That alone will lead to a more stable economy without having such great disparity among Weapon Enchantments for the same amount of effort and resources placed into their creation.
    Classes having attack speed appropriate to their class (melee/ranged) should be balanced out. Currently, it is not balanced. When I call for balance I do not mean that everyone should do equal damage with their at-wills, however that they should be equally able to utilize weapon enchantment powers in the same manner.
    Duelist's Flurry [TR] is properly balanced to only proc Weapon Enchantment on the first attack.
    If we go by the current GWF Sure's Strike logic, then Each sequential hit of Duelist Flurry should be a secure hit/proc ratio. This isn't the case as we've seen that it got changed. In the past we've also seen that Lightning Weapon Enchantment was proccing on each hit of CoI/IT, and it got fixed.
    True Neutral
  • Options
    rubytrue said:

Of course he's right when nobody likes to perceive a bigger picture so it's easier to just shut down everyone who has to say something that people might not like or has 10+ unsold Feytouched Enchantments waiting to be sold. Heh.
    True Neutral
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I join you @thefabricant if you share your popcorn with my Elf, would you perhaps care for some great Elven Bread... *cough*

I mean Elven Coffee my sister discovered searching for herbs, I mean she found an ususual herb a 'native' called coffee bean, and since she ground it up and filtered it with hot water.... Oh my it one of her finest Wizard inspired creations, she still trying to finalize her final recipe, she still praying Corellon my bless this discovery to add as Food item in Alchemy!

;)

@nitocris83

Elven Coffee or Elven Bread two great food items if only creatable by Elves, possible other unique ones dependant on Character Race be a unique and exciting way to add some variation to Alchemy--Foods &/or Concentrated Herbal Potions Unique to each Race!

I'm guessing if thefabricant likes popcorn he must be a Tiefling, cause they seem to love their Corn for some reason, or at least that's what I told my former guild leader farming Eli's corn fields!
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    If I had to guess, this was a side effect of the ongoing TR carnage (specifically the change for smoke bomb to only proc AoC once, and smoke bomb is an entity power similar to CoI and IT).

FWIW, it's not wrong to say that having your class damage depend on another class's feature is kind of meh. I like class synergies, but perhaps this AoC interaction was a little overtuned.

But it's also not wrong to say that this "fix" is in fact a "nerf" (for TRs and CWs alike). And it should probably be compensated for, since it does significantly tip the scales to fast-at-will-machine GWF.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    IF the plan is to tone down the aura of courage procs then they have to make gwf to proc it less often and not to every hit because a gwf hit multiple att wills while unstopable in 1 second. Also gwf is the only class can use effective holy avenger-terror-prominence-feytouched-vorpal- flaming,lightning........
    I want to say the changes on enchants and aura of courage affect everyone and not the great weapon fighter.
  • Options
    That's exactly the point and it should happen so that GWFs are in-tune with other classes.
    Not sure how it goes over people's heads what a problem Sure Strike's multiproc actually is.
    True Neutral
  • Options
    rafamarques#5700 rafamarques Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    ignoring the same nerf calls, is REALLY simple fix that aura/enchant problem for gwfs. instead of unstoppable buff your speed, should OVER buff your atwill damage ( 5x or more damage). less hits to proc HAMSTER=more self burst attacks. then is just value some internal proc feats and done.