test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New professional issues, since 1008a.2

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
Another THREAD with outstanding bugs:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243197/New-professional-issues-since-0924-a1-0924-a2
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243574/new-professional-issues-since-1008a-4
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243757/new-professional-issues-since-1022a-3

Please & Thank You: Note I'll add more new BUGS to this Thread as they found.

1st Issue: LESSONS LEARNED: First task to Hire 10 Artisan's. Yet there are no quests or steps to identify the methods or options.

BE GOOD TO HAVE NPC SHOP SELLER IDENTIFY HERE:
  1. First Speak to your Retainer to claim the free Artisan's you can with your old Unlocked Professional slots!
  2. Or if you have traded your old tools for new Tools, and have Credit remaining, consider a Professional Artisan Recruitment* as well?
  3. Realize you can acquire additional Professional Artisan Recruitment* via the ZEN store.
  4. Possibly also consider a PREMIUM APPLICATION!
  5. Or just wait for Artisan's to apply to the shop...
[10/13] NOTE: This build does now allow you to speed up acquiring 6 artisan's, but you need to speak to the retainer, then choosing "I want to exchange old professional items" then "Redeem Legacy Professional Slot Unlocks" as this allows you to buy 7 of the 8 shown.

1b Issue: Yet unlocking all 9 professional slots, I was able to buy 2x Common Artisan Recruitment, then purchase 3x Rare Artisan Recruitment, yet only 2 of the 3 Epic Artisan Recruitment despite unlocking all 9 slots? Specifically - obtain the Tier 3 result that didn't award - despite having unlocked all 9 slots...

1c Issue: Denote Asterisk '*' behind Professional Artisan Recruitment above! Despite having finished the Running a Workshop quest, then completing Lesson's Learned, I've unlocked Workshop Level 3, and had someone else who completed Workshop Level 4 - still not met requirements. Campaign is also fully completed! Know TEMP issue!

1d Issue: (OLD 'd' becomes 'e') - If you open Professional Starter Kit prior to the Retainer specifically instructing you in the QUEST you'll be completely stuck unable to proceed! This is still outstanding since the very first Heart of Fire preview release!

1e Issue: Workshop 3 & 4 Upgrade: While Workshop 3 allows a single material from a profession, Workshop 4 does not offer even 1, so Alchemy is the only profession with items that stack x11 high. I mean 5,000,000 currency is achievable but if you can only craft items 1 per each current 18 slots you'll be at it for 79 days or more. I mean crafting that much gear is going to drain a lot of gold, which you can't sell or use for refinement, so isn't that enough?

[10/13] NOTE: Assuming an average of 2500-3500 currency per GEAR, you'll need to craft 1428-2000 piece's of Rare Gear / Potions to earn Workshop 4? Now that is a significant ask but certainly not unachievable either!

Alchemy can also fully upgrade workshop 11x faster, stackable x11 high in each 18 delivery box slots? Considering at least one potion, is 3000-3500 credit for each one, with Alchemy you'll level it 11x faster. Realize all Adamantine, Gilded Black Iron, Sapphire Rings range should likely award far more Credit given that it doesn't stack! People may want to levelling Alchemy fast & hard before MOD 15 drops?.?.? ;)

CURRENTLY:
  • 3500 per Admantine piece of gear @18 slots per day or 63,000 credit a day means 79 days, verses:
  • 3500 per Enhanced Superior Potion of Force @11 per slot @18 slots or 693,000 credits means 7.215 days to complete
Still some factors to reconsider this: : (i) will they re-add Materials from more professions back into the currency, even if it only accepts those materials that are unbounded ones, so you can use bounded material only after it's reprocessed into a new material unbounded; (ii) increase (2-3x) the currency for various Rare gear that only stacks x1 high, or drastically decrease the currency for Alchemy potions by perhaps 5-10x (note: '350'x11=3850 still more than the 3500 offered by adamantine pants); (iia) Perhaps the ideal comprise in between by extending Adamantine Gear by 2.5x from 3000 to 7500 or 3500 to 8750 (max) while reducing Alchemy Potions as by 5.25x from 3000x11 or 3500x11 to 572x11=6285 or 666x11=7326 per stack - yet this hasn't factored in crafting time contrasts; (iii) reconsider the currency required to obtain workshop level 4 to slightly more or less; &/or (iv) allow the "requirements to be met" for Professional Artisan Recruitment once the TUTORIAL is completed! Still it's likely going to cost a small &/or large fortune in gold based on Commission modifier of Artisan's to just complete Workshop 4 task. Clearly still a work in progress on fine tuning, so hopefully this feedback, is viewed as mostly constructive!

PLEASE: Help even the AURA Alchemy contrasts to other Professions! RECONSIDER the ♥ Factor!

[10/13] NOTE: At least for Workshop 3 you can use Material (Character Bound) traded from your old resources like Beeswax when purchased from the Retainer. So anybody who did Professions before should likely get to workshop 3 fairly quickly. Workshop 4 you're likely going to want Alchemy at least being 15-25 in the old system so you can help to upgrade the last tier quickest! I still think they should perhaps slightly increase the credit for some Adamantine Tools/Gear. :3

2nd Issue: Seems they allowed my Mithral Crucible to be exchanged now, but strangely enough it identifying a Weathered Steel Crucible that is worth 5000 Asset Exchange Items. Now I did have 3 Mithral & 3 Steel so it's possible I did convert my Mithral Crucible fine, and the issue with the Steel one is mostly that it gives possibly more credit than it should. If they are Steel, they should be 500 not 5000, and be worth checking all Alchemy tools again!

3rd Issue: Seems some Artisan's working outside 'typical' Special Skill Rating. Naera Amanodel (Armorer) is showing 25% Passion Project. Mitra Lashgari (Armorer) has only a 5% Special Skill of Virtuoso. [87.5%] Common are 5-10% Special Skill, Rare 15-20%, and Epic at 25%.
  • It either a BUG, or more fall out of the guidelines: by reducing/increasing (i) commission, (ii) speed, (iii) special skill change, (iv) Proficiency &/or Focus--to allow variance in artisan's. NOTE: See Artisan Quality Matrix below.
4th Issue: I see Acquisition's Incorporated Basement a CHEST in it that show Omin's IOU Gear - for your class or others! I found it surprising the gear offered is 600 Item Level of Epic Quality and while I have no complaints, it's possible it maybe later required for MOD 16 or helps some do High Level Dungeons? I mean you can only earn 1 Omin's IOU currency per week but it looks like that's mostly from doing Epic Spider, Epic Cragmire, or Epic Grey Wolf Den where the Campaign KEYS are. Seems the Dungeons you must complete however, need to be done on Hardcore Mode & with Item Scaling.

[10/13] NOTE: My first thought was "Mastercrafter's are encouraged by producing the best gear" so offering something 40 item level higher than they produce might be disappointing? But I also have not explored this Hardcore mode &/or Scaling either. Still it seems like regardless what dungeon you do it likely won't be easy. It also possible next few Mod's there may be Mastercraft / Guild update. :o

5th Issue: Earlier denoted in 0924.a1 & 0924.a2 seems Retrieval Operation now mostly is all 25 level NPC ememy adventurer's so that one is fixed, as are the level 45, 55, and 65 missions. Yet Information Acquisition at 35 started fine with NPC's on the outside of Mountain at 35, yet when you go inside to scratch / destroy crystal's all are 40 level for the 35 level quest. The last one Renaer's Salvation at level 70 mission at the start the enemy in River District are 73 and while you can avoid all of them, it's far harder to do that one you sailed in the boat and need to run thru water with Crab's--cause they want to fight you! They should likely all be 70 throughout the mission - the only part they are is inside the CAVE where you find Renaer! Although when you exit the cave again and return the Goldfish, then the Beholder after you identify who betrayed him the enemy are then only 37?

[10/13] NOTE: Issue 1b in the thread 0924.a1 & 0924.a2 (above) to see how this has changed - mostly for the better.

<3

@asterdahl
@noworries#8859
@terramak
@nitocris83
@percemer
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Was making Linen Yarn+1 tailoring for the cleanup quest

Noticed whenever I got "Linen Yarn+1" my artisan and tool would reset and I would have to go back and select them.
    This didn't happen every time but I'd say probably 80% of the time. I did it several times even after I got the 3 I needed just to see what the pattern was.

Edit 10/3 12:20: I didn't see this happen when getting just "Linen Yarn" however I did see it when crafting silk thread where it happened if I got normal, +1, or failure. It just seems to be randomly resetting artisan and tool crafting items.
    Post edited by empalas on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Yea I also noticed on this BUILD every time you crafted something UNLIKE in the 0924.a1 or 0924.a2 builds, you'd have to re-slot Artisan's & Tools *a lot* more often it seems now. :'(
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    3rd Issue: Above another Artisan with wrong Special skill.
    • Mitra Lashgari (Rare Armorer) has only a 5% Special Skill of Virtuoso is another.
  • Options
    ornaldornald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    I confirmed that Mithral Philosopher's Stone and MIthral Mortar will be replaced with "Weathered" ones too.
    strathkin said:

2nd Issue: Seems they allowed my Mithral Crucible to be exchanged now, but strangely enough it identifying a Weathered Steel Crucible that is worth 5000 Asset Exchange Items. Now I did have 3 Mithral & 3 Steel so it's possible I did convert my Mithral Crucible fine, and the issue with the Steel one is mostly that it gives possibly more credit than it should. If they truly are Steel then they should likely only be 500 not 5000 in value?

• Options
    edited October 2018
    They need to re-review all Alchemy Tools regardless of quality to ensure they are all giving the correct values. Last week I though the Philosopher Stone & Mortar were converting fine, but I tested 2 character's who had levelled Alchemy. So unless that's changed?

This week all testing was on a Character who hasn't yet levelled Alchemy so he just had the Crucible from Jewelcrafting.

Still I thank you @ornald for identifying that, and slightly revised my 2nd Issue above suggesting they recheck all Alchemy tools!

NOTE: Well-Worn tools are generally a single tool only, provided in Mastercraft I profession, at least till you upgrade to Mastercraft II. Though my note above wasn't speaking about those, but the Weathered Steel Crucible giving 5000 not 500 asset credit.

Also seems Charcoal, Elemental Air, Elemental Earth, Elemental Fire, Elemental Water, Fundamental Earth, Fundamental Fire, Fundamental Ice, Fundamental Lightning, Residuum, Symbol of Moradin, Symbol of Tempus, Dark Clover, Desert Rose, and there maybe several others that aren't converting into Material Currency including Primordial Goo or others in Alchemy including Moonsea Salt but at least you can convert them to Copper, Silver, or Gold. Cause you're likely going to need a lot of that in the new system...

The items not converting to currency was mentioned, and that still need to be corrected:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243197/10-new-professions-issues-since-0924-a1-0924-a2

I've also messaged DEV & CM directly about another issue related to a Resource / Material but will keep out of forums.

@nitocris83
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Note regarding - 3rd Issue

----------------------
    ARTISAN QUALITY MATRIX
    -----
    NOTE: Each can (+/-) one ability or skill for another! Proficiency can be replaced at 1:1 for Focus; Commission can be increased/reduced 1:1 for the equal change of Speed; I've denoted about a (+/-) 25 Proficiency or Focus can result in a (+/-) of 15% change of ≈1.7:1 so -25 relationship to either Proficiency/Focus results in a ≈15% gain in Special Skills; Gold &/or Speed Modifier's to Proficiency &/or Focus an educated guess it's ≈5:1 so a (+/-) of 20 to Proficiency &/or Focus (only one) may see a reduction/increase of Commission by 100% or a (+/-) of 30 may see a reduction/increase of Commission by 150%. Realize this is a work in progress and the possibilities are too many to list... ...so this is generally best used as a rule of thumb (guide) to help everyone understand. :3

Perhaps we call it the Artisan Quality Matrix:

A Common Artisan will 'typical' start with values from experience of:
    • Starts with a Proficiency 'typical' of 370-380, it does not mean, all receive this, on their application!
    • Starts with a Focus of 340-350.
    • Starts with a Special Skill of 5-10% | Those with 10% likely result in less P&F or Modifiers.
    A Rare Artisan will 'typically' start with values perhaps:
    • Starts with a Proficiency 'typical' of 380-390, it does not mean, this is the end-state, only starting point!
    • Starts with a Focus of 350-360.
    • Starts with a Special Skill of 15-20%* [typo: said 10-15%] | (+/-) skill change (-/+) P&F or Modifiers.
    A Epic Artisan will 'typically' start with values perhaps:
    • Starts with Proficiency 'typically' of 390-400.
    • Starts with a Focus of 360-370.
    • Starts with a Special Skill of 25% | (+/-) skill change (-/+) P&F or Modifiers.
    STEPS: Then take a 'typical' artisan's based on their quality, take their starting ranges aligned to Quality, moving skills/modifiers as NOTE above to match your Artisan on PREVIEW! I'd certainly love anybody help, or friendly observations, that might help further improve it! This is just the first time I've had to fully post it, though it seemed I confused one or two, who perhaps misunderstood a few minor earlier statements, yet hopefully some clarity now frames what I was thinking up. I think I've accounted for most variances, and allows the model to align to most Artisans--there may be a few exceptions, this is only a first pass. Also feel free to edit, modify, or revise the Artisan Quality Matrix as you think it perhaps should be reflected!

Realize any starting skill/modifier can be used to update another! That's what makes all the Artisan's be a lot more diverse and each offer different pro's & con's just like people. Just hopefully most realize to focus on people's strengths for the given task at hand. But all ranges are still clearly possible, and Rare will overall be better than Common, and Epic will be better overall than Rare. Yet all can still have a range that exists within:
    • Proficiency & Focus of 330-400 Range - NOTE: Some like to see perhaps 320-420 (range) to apply?
    • Special Skill 5-25%
    • Commission -50% - +200%
    • Speed -50% to +200%
    -----
  • Options
    Issue 1e seems we may see 'some' to even the playing field with professions in next build.

<3