test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CR Sisters Fight: Chains random and uncoupled from voice cue

dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
CR Sisters Fight:
Since maintenace, Chains appear randomly, out of sync with estabished warning mechanism.
They no longer follow the same rotation order, not associated with audio cue "attack me if you dare, fools".

You may say "just watch for the chains to appear".
But the chained victim seems to start taking damage *before* the animation ends.

Some of our attacks have animation delays and DoT that cannot be easilly interrupted.

Plus even when you watch carefully, the beginning of the chain animation gets lost in the blinding cloud of OP auras, Divine Glows , weapon enchants and other vfx. By the time the red chain is big enough to see, your teammate is already taking damage or dead.

The "chain jingle" audio cue is still linked (no pun intended). But it is softer then most of our attacks, have to crank the game audio to max to reliably hear it. Hurts the ears.

@nitocris83
Julia, please confirm if this is a bug or WAI.

Thank you.
JrUzbQw.jpg?1
I am Took.
"Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    2. Boss bugs right from the start , doing his whirlwind, or stuck in betweeen animation , just standing there.
    Companions vanish after or in between 1. fight.
    3. boss same thing , bats do come or don´t , sometimes audiosynque is broken and you kill all the team, sometimes they don´t appear, the hole fight feels like being out of synque to me.
  • deathklaat666deathklaat666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    We too have noticed the same thing in 12 out of 12 runs and also there seems to be a massive amount more lag being generated, does anyone else notice the amount of non-cued unavoidable one shots at the last boss? Im averaging 10 scrolls of mass life at the last boss, no voice warnings, no red zones nothing near me just suddenly dead
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I've never seen last boss. Consider yourself blessed by the 9. Its hard being a tr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    the god of bugs doesn't seem to say the chain.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'll bring this up to the rest of the team to get more info. Thanks!
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    I hope it is corrected until next modes.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    murattti said:

I hope it is corrected until next modes.

… aaaaaand it wasn't.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    How about making the entire boss fight a cutscene until last phase?
  • wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    well since im not really wanting to open up another bug thread for a pointless reason , ill just let you guys know that whatever you did with msp this week had also pretty much broken the boss fight with nostura in a very similar fashion to the sisters at cr, buy hey .. who cares ? its only msp ;)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I don't have @terramak's expertise in reading check-in notes so I can't say for sure what/when fixes would be in. Tagging him here for more details and I'll ask again (and bring up Nostura) during our afternoon production meeting today.
  • seveninchbladeseveninchblade Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Also related to this, the Theft of Vitae attack is now almost completely uncoupled from the voice line. The attack also no longer occurs immediately after reaching 10 stacks, but some inconsistent amount of time later.
    Charisma was my dump stat.