test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.100.20180709g.21

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11007393

Comments

• Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    "Stronghold Siege: The "Storming the Castle" weekly quest no longer incorrectly completes under certain circumstances."

I would advise you to thread lightly when it comes to stuff like this.
    If this is about private queues being able to finish it, you're effectively worsening the campaign grinding of Ravenloft, and making campaign grinding worse than it is, is really not something this game needs.
    This really goes for any MMO, but considering some of the changes for Mod15, this game is again stearing heavilly towards "not woth playing", and such a change would add a lot to this.

Other than that, good notes, good fixes.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    "Stronghold Siege: The "Storming the Castle" weekly quest no longer incorrectly completes under certain circumstances."

ShS was never played much, people only did it for gear, the lag you get when 40 players fight eachother is extreme.
    Storming the castle will be now impossible to complete...
  • Options
    manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    "When using the editor for the first time in a given session, text input now properly functions without having to alt-tab out and in of the game."

Thank you for this one
  • Options
    spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    nooneatza said:

"Castle Ravenloft: The pillars in the center of the Sisters of Strahd boss fight have been removed. (The Sister of Fury had asked for a better line of spite.)"

So no more hiding when sisters making chains? Just staying and waiting?
    And the sister of fury denies after patch to bug again? Im just curious. You are fixing something in CR and you dont fix the mainproblem with that buggy sis? Plz...tell me you fix fury sis too!
  • Options
    scarphescarphe Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Can you please provide more information please - Transparency is key to keeping happy players and keeping players happy and all that. Its something I've seen the community ask for and doesn't take much. Understand you not wanting to advertise exploits although disagree with that mentality as would rather know if there are any out there so I can avoid but hey ho.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

• Castle Ravenloft: The pillars in the center of the Sisters of Strahd boss fight have been removed.
    Did you also fix the bat swarm attack randomly killing people? If not, "fixing" the pillar first is pretty lame.

• Stronghold Siege: The "Storming the Castle" weekly quest no longer incorrectly completes under certain circumstances.
    If this means that private queue won't work anymore you could have simply removed the quest cause nobody will ever complete it with the real thing.

• Heels of Fury / Fured Kiuno's buff now properly has an icon.
    • The buff on Hag's Rags now stacks with Eyestalk Wrappers.
    Thank you!

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    "Castle Ravenloft: The pillars in the center of the Sisters of Strahd boss fight have been removed. (The Sister of Fury had asked for a better line of spite.)"

I like this patch very much. Now weak tanks can't pin the boss. Dumb people who just smash will kill others. And you are guaranteed to die if you get bats (not that the lamps always worked in the first place as there seem to be some bug that causes the bats to liquify you in under 2 seconds). All the more reasons for people not to run this bug-filled dungeon.
  • Options
    nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    nooneatza said:

Wow nice one ! Did you also fix up the 2nd sister teleporting & having like 3 times more hp? Perhaps you forgot to put it in the patch notes !

< sarcasm >
    Here's what you did that was GREAT this patch, pat yourselves on the back, you did well.
    < / sarcasm >

-You broke siege. Private pvp siege doesn't count towards quest. (if this was intended it's yet another questionable decision)
    -You broke 1st sister in CR too.
    -Now her quote "Attack me if you dare, fools!" is not timed with her chain attack, she just says it randomly.
    -Now her attacks seem to be decided by "rng", not by a pattern, meaning: at one point 4 of us were transformed into delusions, at another time all 4 of us had chains, AT THE SAME TIME !

As for the hags and wrappers, no comment, good job !
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

This is an interesting euphemism for "The Storming The Castle weekly quest no longer completes"

• Options
    alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User

Can you clarify whether the Stronghold Siege "fix" was meant to do what it did?

It has actually been one of the really few events to bring people in guilds together to accomplish something. I get that it's supposed to be a PvP event, but no one uses that or will use it in that form, because it fails in that format (lag, rewards, PvP issues, general lack of balance).

I really hope this is fixed.

Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options
    durgan#5731 durgan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    The entire reason alliances do sieges in private que, is to avoid idiots who either get off on being abusive trolls, or draw the event out much longer than it needs to be, in order to do nothing but rack up kills. They don't build catapults, they just gank people with non-pvp builds of much lower IL as a sop to their low self-esteem. There's nothing wrong with being in a PvP guild. Most of us, as the numbers make clear, do not. Restore the private que and quit fixing things that aren't broken. It's a weekly event, which in no way tilts game balance. Seriously, every week for the last month, we've logged in to 'improvements' that make us feel foolish for having supported you financially. I was ready to walk, but people told me 'give them time, they might make it right.' No surprise, but this is just a very misguided attempt to put us into some cookie cutter 'player' mold. If I wanted to do that, I'd just work overtime at the job, where we've already got a boss we all hate, for that very reason. You people are really pissing me off.
  • Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Sisters Fight: Sisters can now do the Theft of Vitae finisher attack right after doing the AP draining push. That results in them hitting the tank while tank is prone, and an incounterable death.
  • Options
    helric9helric9 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Sisters Fight: There is a lot of trouble with the pattern of the sisters. They no longer follow the order of announcements and spell effects, and there is a lot of delay between them.
    Stradh Fight : We died fews times under the bubble on the last phase

Post edited by helric9 on
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Stronghold Siege must be reworked. Make it 10v10 or 15v15 in a smaller map to avoid lag/ reduce lag, increase rewards, and may be people will play it again. These changes to private queue without any change to the mode itself, only made it impossible to do the quest. Waiting for 40 people to all join is crazy. Not only that. People now will rush to complete the quest at the start of the week. Those who get late, most likely will not be able to complete it because there will be not enough players to start a siege. No way to organize and coordinate. Only solo queue randomly or in a group of 5, and pray?
    Bad move, bad implementation. As usual. Instead of making things seriously, you make incomplete changes, change one thing without fixing another first, and in the end you only create more issues to players.
  • Options
    stormhowlerstormhowler Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I'm in a tiny guild of friends. This change means that one of the ways to earn influence has been taken away. So the grind to upgrade becomes that much longer. In regards to this, can you please scale costs for building/upgrading to the number of (active) accounts in a guild? Also, please just state in the patch notes what you mean, because we ran StC yesterday basically for nothing. Blergh.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    -slow clap-

I have to commend to congratulations if you have removed the ability to complete the Storming the Castle quest by doing Stronghold Siege under private queue conditions.

I got to ask... do even really care about small guilds anymore.. or is that just lip service?

This... THIS was the only form of PvP I do in this game. Never cared for PvP in the slightest even at the height of Black Ice.
    Didn't need all these yahoos running around and just out to kill other players for what I have no idea.

So thanks for taking away any incentive to have a fun somewhat competitive and even mildly productive and rewarding environment that I can partake of with friends who are also non-PvP minded.

• Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Stronghold Siege: The "Storming the Castle" weekly quest no longer incorrectly completes under certain circumstances.

Not so long ago there was a thread about how we should make this forums more healthy. How are we supposed to be OK with you guys when there are such communicates pointed towards us? What does this mean? Where is the transparency? For me "under certain circumstances" might also be that "you might not complete it when you're left handed" or "on Mondays", or literally whatever.

Btw. if you guys really took it away from private que then just LOL. Killing Strongholds is still a thing I see.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Who did run Storming the castle in a guild vs guild stup in the last 2 years?
    It´s unplayable with broken Companionboni and wrecked and bugged reflecting power since long.
    All i see are AD and resource farming runs, 1 vs 5-20 with the only goal to get it done in a fast way, wich is or was ok for my taste, since there is not much to do anyway .
    I think the goal was simply to cut the ability to farm that siege with 20 IL 6k toons in a row.
    My understanding so far: As allways, some player exploit things, that get adressed afterwards, leading to spoil the overall experience of others in the end.
    On the other hand siege will now be abandoned 4ever, noone cares for that daily any more...
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I had only known about the quest and ability to complete it just recently and I was like...you mean that you have been able to do this for how long? I hate pvp at least the kind most people like. I do like group versus group where you are actually just keeping score of pve stuff which siege has in the catapults and the dragon part. That kind of pvp can be fun as long as it isn't laggy.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    It is unplayable in it's current form. Same as Castle Ravenloft is after last update.. Now all boss fights are desperately bugged, wow
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    https://i.imgur.com/yqRFFbD.png

Sister of Vengeance can now bug, becoming invulnerable. This results in forced /killme wipe.

Edit: here is screenshot. Note our party chat, says it all.

Post edited by dread4moor on
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    helric9 said:

Sisters Fight: There is a lot of trouble with the pattern of the sisters. They no longer follow the order of announcements and spell effects, and there is a lot of delay between them.
    Stradh Fight : We died fews times under the bubble on the last phase

Chains are indeed random now.
    Incredibly irritating, especially now that posts are removed.
    Zero warning before chains and no where to hide (unless you do whole fight in the doorway) means guarantee several chain-kills.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I never knew what we were doing was not wai... just wow.... (next massive ban wave?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options

Another thought on this. Would it at all be possible to update Dragonflight to provide the Siege rewards? Dragonflight can be a lot of fun, and back when the rewards were decent (they are too outdated for most guilds to run it), it was a fun thing for a growing guild to aspire to do, and gave a reason for small guilds to join an Alliance and work with their Alliance. Big guilds can run it on their own, but usually would invite the Alliance.

If Dragonflight were updated with Siege rewards, that could be a really cool event for Guilds.

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    my alliance put together 20 ppl for this and no one out there to fight. This PVP won't happen cause no one wants to do it anymore. Need to change it to 10v10 not 20v20 or better do 5v5, or player vs computer. ANYTHING but this, or else just get rid of siege altogether
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

my alliance put together 20 ppl for this and no one out there to fight. This PVP won't happen cause no one wants to do it anymore. Need to change it to 10v10 not 20v20 or better do 5v5, or player vs computer. ANYTHING but this, or else just get rid of siege altogether

You need to put together all 40, both teams, and queue together. Also, with 40 players on the map using combat powers it will lag into unplayability, server-side, in seconds.

So if you want it to end in a reasonable time you've still got to get one team to agree to throw it. Otherwise you'll be there in a 1FPS nightmare for two hours.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    My understanding is that one of the channels put together various scenarios for how to handle the changes. None of the scenarios was satisfying (and most just plain didn't work - no rewards or terrible lag). Siege is really just unplayable right now.

(And a few tried it today. Could get 20v20, but the losing side had no points and it takes 35-45 minutes to get it all done with all the lag. Not worth it.)

It seems like the new requirements after the patch are:
    - You have to be in public queue
    - Full 20 vs 20 players
    - You are on the winning side
    - You personally get at least 300 points
    Post edited by alphastream on