test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Couple of Suggestions

shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
Now that the game has proven to work on console, can we finally get controller support on PC? I loved playing my rogue on console, but they need to move and dodge a LOT, and that’s very difficult (at least for me, probably others) on a mouse/KB.

Also, I know for most, this won’t be a thing, but I love being in first person to play games. I feel more immersed, I see things better, more aware of moment to moment things in combats, etc. so, any way we could get first person implemented?

Comments

• Options
    kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    First person would be absolute cool, i really want to see it with my dwarv's eyes when i'm going the wreck a dragons knee caps with my axe!
    Post edited by kisakee on
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    john#8455 john Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I think with the extended maintenance that you've been having you should add an option to collect all invokations at once. At least on maintenance days.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

Now that the game has proven to work on console, can we finally get controller support on PC? I loved playing my rogue on console, but they need to move and dodge a LOT, and that’s very difficult (at least for me, probably others) on a mouse/KB.

Controller support might be added at some point. I don't know for sure, but there's a decent possibility.

Also, I know for most, this won’t be a thing, but I love being in first person to play games. I feel more immersed, I see things better, more aware of moment to moment things in combats, etc. so, any way we could get first person implemented?

While this'll be cool, is pretty unlikely.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Search? https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/search?Search=controller+support

Controller support might be added at some point. I don't know for sure, but there's a decent possibility.

While this'll be cool, is pretty unlikely.
    We have long asked for the support of the PC controllers, but I do not think this will happen in the longer term.
    It's an exclusive only for consoles.

Archived (explained in detail): https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/468422/controller-support/p1

Also: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1241413/game-controllers

My guess is that implementing the Console UI into the PC build is not a simple thing/has the potential to be a risky undertaking.

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Those who got to demo at PAX were playing on a PC with an Xbox controller which allowed us to see the feasibility of making that an option on the live game. Currently there would be a lot more work to be done (players were still getting notifications for keyboard like F to interact instead of the controller command) to make it a polished option but it's not something we've shut the door on. As I had mentioned, implementing the proper UI has its risks and involves a time investment. Ultimately it's a matter of prioritizing what features we should be working on.