test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 15 Companion Ideas

cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Since we're not getting other AI members than Walnut, maybe they could be introduced as companions?
I'd love to have a voiced K'thriss Drow'b companion with lines from Ligotti too, or maybe an Unseen Servant with a velvet cloth on its head.

Comments

• caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Kind of like Watler and Staldorf... although if you have both in active companion slots, there should be regular banter between them.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    I still want either Kavatos or Sandesyl Morgia. I love both of their voice acting and their smart mouthed comments.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I would love a bunny augment, just having an adorable rabbit following me around would be cool. Plz have a top hot for one of the skins :)
  • Please...

Go over all the companions and change all set stat buff numbers to percentages for the actives instead. Numbers are fast outpacing the old ones, with the unfortunate effect that the scores (Or is it hundreds now?) of companions you have painstakingly crafted, skinned and animated are being left behind in the dust for whatever the current best in slot is.

All Tanker/leaders ones should - in my opinion- use two aoe and or cones, or a charge with an aoe/cone finish. They need a self immunity/heal/lifesteal something. All strikers/controllers should debuff at least one mob your facing. Different debuffs sure- but something. All the healers need to heal higher when the player is not in a team and give a decent buff.

Try this please and you'll actually see people using all your wonderful pet skins you have created over the years.

I know I would. Heck I adore the animations for the Winterfest frost mimic. It's not exactly competitive though. :(

As for Acquisitions Inc compaions?.... Hmmm I think the narrating (based on the area/zone you just zoned into) Dungeonmaster as nitocris83 suggested before my post- sounds hilarious.

Thank you
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    Minsc and Drizzt as active companions, Boo as an augment.
  • arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I want the guy who glitches out in Merchant Prince's Folly as a companion.

"The Inner...The Inner...The Inner...The Inner...The Inner courtya...The Inner"
  • gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User

I would love a bunny augment, just having an adorable rabbit following me around would be cool. Plz have a top hot for one of the skins :)

VORPAL BUNNY.... "what, the rabbit? I soiled my armor I was so scared" "but look at the bones!!! Its got sharp pointy fangs"

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    please add Lan Thuliga.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    consider the massive ego of the new corporation management

the only companions they would allow would be miniature clones of themselves
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Setup companions similar to mounts and no companion would get left behind! I'd love the ability to reskin my current companion with one sitting on the sidelines!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    you mean like ESO's mound and a matching pet, a charger and a pony? some mounts we have have no cubs to match, it would be great to get drake hatchling versions.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Setup companions similar to mounts and no companion would get left behind! I'd love the ability to reskin my current companion with one sitting on the sidelines!

This would be awesome. Sick of seeing every man and his monkey with a tiger. Sorry, I meant man and his tiger. I haven't seen the monkeys yet.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
    I am currently trying to make a party-buffing Wizard... with very little success. May I suggest a "Reverse Ioun Stone" that provides a distributed party-buff to your team-mates based on either a percentage of your character's total stats and/or that of the "Reverse Ioun Stone's" total stats?
    edited October 2018

HARVEY!

A mere shadow that looks like a bunny rabbit... but packs a lop-eared wallop.

Taking into consideration that Carbine Studios and WildStar are permanently shutting down, perhaps in their honor Neverwinter could introduce some dear little bunny people as companions?

Pictures a bunny girl with big...

Axes!

I was going to say "axes"!
    Post edited by caldochaud#4880 on
    edited October 2018
    Another companion suggestion: Amn Pickpocket.

Equipment:
    -Three ring slots.
    -Three defensive rune slots.

Featured Abilities:
    -Easy Mark (Single Foe flagged by Easy Mark is 5% more likely to drop something of value)
    -Butter-fingers (Replaces Easy Mark at level 30. Foe flagged by Butter-fingers is 15% more likely to drop something of value)
    -Disheartening Strike (For debuff value)

When active (but not necessarily summoned) the Amn Pickpocket lifts random items from your target while in combat such as jewels, refining stones, marks of potency, and on rare occasions - wards. The more npcs you are engaged in combat with at one time, the richer the haul.
  • aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I always wanted a Smilodon companion. Thought maybe it's gonna be a Tiger skin but nope.