test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    Last thing, I guess, at least unless someone has an answer or a fix comes along...

Looks like I deleted a character that had filled the delivery box. Now I can not progress past the point in the tutorial where I am supposed to start a delivery mission.

I can not access the delivery box until some time after that mission, so I have no way to empty it, and I can not start the delivery mission until I do. The start mission button is blacked out for me for that reason.

So does anyone have a workaround or am I stuck?
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User

Especially if I try to do this for more than one toon and the delivery box remains tied to the account, not characters.

Everything is still per character, nothing in professions is account-wide at this point. They may change that in future, but for Mod15, delivery box is not account wide.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    krailov said:

Especially if I try to do this for more than one toon and the delivery box remains tied to the account, not characters.

Everything is still per character, nothing in professions is account-wide at this point. They may change that in future, but for Mod15, delivery box is not account wide.
    they made it per char because morale value is limited on the workshop, they want ad drain to be used on profession when players buy the refill moral option from the retailer. the solution for this is to pick 1 craft profession + 1 gathering type
    krailov said:

Then why is the delivery box full for the character that I just transferred to the test server before they could start a single gathering mission?

Can not get past the gathering step of the tutorial because the game will not let me start a delivery mission.

Why? Because it says that my box is full.

Again, this is a new character. They have not had a single thing delivered. So if the delivery box is per character how did this happen?

And I know that I am not the first to record this issue.

Again, I would love to have someone throw a workaround my way, but "the delivery box is per character" doesn't help me.
    Because this character should have an empty delivery box. It is literally impossible for anything to be in there if the game is working properly.

Might just be a bug. Might just be a case where this happens because someone is this class and chose that retainer and stood just exactly however many feet away from the missions board when they clicked it, but it would be nice to know that, too.

That maybe if I deleted this character on test then I could transfer them over again and get another go at things.
    But this is the second time in a row that I have encountered this issue after starting some delivery missions with a now-deleted character before deciding to just go ahead and use a different character to test with.

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    The delivery box is full of whatever you were making before you transferred the character.

This is a particularly problematic bug as it stands as you cannot progress through the tutorial to open the delivery box, because you cannot start a task while the box is full (commence circular fail).

I also went to see what changes were made, only to be shafted by "delivery box full" loop.

This best be fixed before this goes live.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.

The delivery box is full of whatever you were making before you transferred the character.

This is a particularly problematic bug as it stands as you cannot progress through the tutorial to open the delivery box, because you cannot start a task while the box is full (commence circular fail).

I also went to see what changes were made, only to be shafted by "delivery box full" loop.

This best be fixed before this goes live.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking.

The box is "full" of what the other character had delivered.

For clarity I was never saying that one character could start delivery missions and some other character pick those items up, but that the box seems to be remembering that some other character on the account has a full delivery box and when that happens then no other character can take deliveries at that time.

And that is where I am now.

With the now-deleted character gone forever there is no way that they can empty their delivery box.

With no way to empty that delivery box there is no way to begin a gathering mission on another character.

So I am stuck, short of creating a second account, anyway. I can not get through the 4th step of the tutorial (pick retainer, accept applications, craft item, then have someone do a gathering mission which is where the hang-up happens) so that's that.

Major problem with the system.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Wooah, I spent a few hours reading this thread from page 1 to 29 (while side questing in-game of course, waiting for queues to pop). This is maddening. So many errors in terms of quest progression, incorrect item stats, incorrect pricing, loss of leadership (in lieu of gathering which is given by any current profession of the highest level), equivalency of legendary tools regardless of type, no exchange of epic artisans on preview as of yet, bugged delivery boxes, +1 items not registering as completing said item of a quest chain.

This is going to be a blast when it comes live in, what, a month? :)

Bug:
    - "Running a Workshop" Quest bugs if you 'collect all' the completed item instead of clicking through the green boxes. It doesn't allow you to complete the quest.
    (Although it seems like this bug is deeper than this judging by others' reports ...)

- You should log back in the Workshop if you logged out in one, instead of being logged back on outside the workshop.
    - The +1 of every item is a pain in the neck (for inventory and quest chain purposes). I mean does a peridot really need to be a +1? do Masterwork Tasks in a quest chain need to be +1? (above reported that the +1 version was not recognised for completion) These need to be reviewed.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    @vordayn
    Sadly, about the "You should log back in the Workshop if you logged out in one" part, I guess it's impossible, as the Workshop is a special private instance, not a shared map. It's the same as the Stronghold, if you log out being in the SH, and there's no one in the SH when you log in after a while, you'll end up in the last map you were before going to the SH.

Same thing here, it's a matter or ressource optimization, you can't keep a private map open if there's no on into it. So because the Workshop is a one-person instance, it'll be worse than the SH, as you'll ALWAYS log in outside of it. Sometimes you can be lucky on SH and there's someone in the map when you login. In Workshop, no such thing :/
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    @mithrosnomore
    Before transferring your character to preview you need to collect all running professions tasks and not have anything set. This will solve the full delivery box issue when transferred to preview.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    They have about 3 weeks to fix the major issues, which most of the reported bugs ARE imo. I think there are bugs that haven't even been discovered yet and new bugs generated because of fixes for other bugs. Some of us are taking new chars through the game and finding bugs as well.

This mod more than any other reminds me of mod 6 in the sense that there were major changes made and the community reported so many bugs that it became impossible to track/fix them all.

I have faith that the devs can fix everything, im just not sure if there is enough time? If they extended the release date on this mod I wouldn't be surprised nor would I be against it.

Note: We haven't even seen the finished product for new dungeon structures, kits etc into workshops, masterworks..... So, we haven't even had a chance yet to test everything that is coming with the mod. Also, because of the roadblock in workshops with the storyline being blocked, many of us cant really test the crafting as it is now in a proper way, so we are way behind on that.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • vortex74vortex74 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Hi,

as i first copy a character from Live Shard to the preview one, i got 9 unfinished tasks from the old profession system.
    So i couldn't finish the new profession tutorial at the point of sending adventurers to gather resources. I couldn't use the delivery box to free some slots.

I deleted the preview shard character, went to the live one and ended some profession slots and copied the character again.
    Now i was able to go further through the tutorial.

As the new module will go live, do we have to let some profession slots open, so we can get through the tutorial or will those needed slots set automaticly free?

EDIT: i was struck again in the tutorial quest line, as i should take gathered resources from the delivery box, i took the resources but the quest line has not realized it, and i was struck again. I started 2 more times with new character, last with empty profession slots, but at the point i should get the resources from the delivery box the tutorial quest will not go further.
    Post edited by vortex74 on
  • hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    @agilesto: I was in Phantasmal Fortress, then changed character for a few minutes. Logged back in and I was still in PF. Wonder how that type of instance is different?
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

@agilesto: I was in Phantasmal Fortress, then changed character for a few minutes. Logged back in and I was still in PF. Wonder how that type of instance is different?

Private instances don't close as soon as the last person leaves it, but after a short period of time (I don't know exactly, but it was discussed somewhere on the forum). So if you log just a few minutes after I guess you could be back on your Workshop like in PF, but the next day? Like PF you'll end up in front of the door :)
  • hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Good point - must be a timer of some sort. I have successfully logged back into the Workshop after a short departure, but not after overnight. So - devs - just dispense with the timer.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Good point - must be a timer of some sort. I have successfully logged back into the Workshop after a short departure, but not after overnight. So - devs - just dispense with the timer.

It's about five minutes. My testing on dungeons and the SH shows that it is five minutes for those. I would expect that it would be five minutes for this workshop, too.
    edited October 2018

@mithrosnomore

Before transferring your character to preview you need to collect all running professions tasks and not have anything set. This will solve the full delivery box issue when transferred to preview.

Ah, so it's a function of the character having professions running on live when they transferred?

So I can just delete the character on test, clear all of the profession tasks for the character on live, and copy him over again and that should take care of this issue?

Thanks. I'll get right on that.

Edit: Yep, that was it. Thanks again.

I read everything that Asterdahl posted in this thread and a lot of what everyone else posted, too, but if this is elsewhere in here I either missed it or forgot it.

Either way, back at it now, so thanks.
    Post edited by mithrosnomore on
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    just pounding the floor because its so funny

finally able to check some Mastercrafting tasks in Preview

MC1 Leatherworking tasks impossible in preview -- no such thing as gemmed elemental

MC2 Platesmithing -- still available
    does this mean although platesmithing was merged that MC2/3/4/5 are still options (don't have a toon available to check if MC1 plate is available, but presumed suffers from the same gemmed elemental issue
    Would there be any way to make sure that our starting workers were different?

I just started again and I got, for armorsmithing, Bistrid Brasshammer and Storbek Ironfoot.

I am assuming that every worker is the same for every player/character, so everyone else that has one has the exact same worker.

In this case they both have +53 proficiency, +47 focus, 0% commission, -50% speed, and the dab hand special.

I think that it would be much better if those starting contracts could somehow be set up so as to make sure that their starting workers, and this goes for both their craftsmen and their gatherers, would have different stats and specials.

Could those starting contracts possibly be set up in predetermined pairs (one pair of craftsmen and one pair of gatherers) and the pairs are chosen at random for each character?

As an aside, has anyone anywhere started a database of which workers have what numbers and bonuses?
    edited October 2018
    This is weird.

I did the gathering mission, lost my internet connect briefly while I waited, added some more laborers through the glowy box, etc, and then I collected my stuff and my retainer doesn't want to acknowledge that. They just tell me to keep waiting for the delivery.

I am wondering if just having them get a single haul mattered, or if it was my choice to double-click the item rather than use the collect all button, or what.

So now I have to leave and so I started an adventurer on a 6-item haul to fill up my delivery box, then I will collect all later tonight and see if anything changes.

Anyone else experience this issue?
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Oh, and two words of warning to everyone:

1) Bows are a part of artifice now. If you want your Ranger to be making bows and have currently trained up weaponsmithing, you might want to start focusing on artifice on live to get that as high as you can before the switch.

2) Before you trade in vouchers and materials do a count. The "currency" that you earn is not tradeable, so if you cash in all of your vouchers and have leftover points, well, you have leftover points. I discovered this the first character that I tried this with and didn't have enough points to buy anything with them.

No big deal since it's test and all, and I have deleted that character now anyway (it was my very first character in the game and I deleted them from live a long time ago, Caturday cloak and all), but it is worth doing a count before you click the "trade all" button, because once you convert them there is no going back.

zephyriah said:

Those vouchers are not for your workers, those are for the equipment you had and the materials you had. The worker trade-in has not been implemented but will be coming sometime. The equipment vouchers are worth different amounts based on rarity and will help with problem #2.

Point 2, they gain experience very quickly. Run the task a few times and soon they will be making +1 stuff. It is actually the equipment that gives a better boost to the chance of +1 more quickly. Buy a higher level tool if you have enough vouchers. This is what you will need to do when live. For preview, see below.

There is a box in the corner near the workbench with a glowy section, this has tools, materials, workers, reset inspiration tokens etc. for preview testing. Use the stuff in there to rush the orders, increase quality and get through the tutorial very quickly.

The vouchers are absolutely my old workers. Says so right in the game that they are left behind by some nameless, faceless worker or whatever. My tools are still there. There are two different trade-ins: One for the vouchers and one for tools and other supplies.

Those vouchers are not used to trade for workers at this time, you can only trade them for tools. But you are right I was not clear, I may have made it sound like the vouchers did not include trade in credit based on your previously held workers. I only meant they cannot be traded in for workers at this time. You can only acquire tools and materials from the NPC in trade ins. If you want additional or possibly higher level workers, you need to use the glowy chest.

Your existing tools should all be available for trade-in credit (I honestly don't remember if it was direct or vouchers), except MW and a bug still affecting crucibles.

This is weird.

I did the gathering mission, lost my internet connect briefly while I waited, added some more laborers through the glowy box, etc, and then I collected my stuff and my retainer doesn't want to acknowledge that. They just tell me to keep waiting for the delivery.

I am wondering if just having them get a single haul mattered, or if it was my choice to double-click the item rather than use the collect all button, or what.

So now I have to leave and so I started an adventurer on a 6-item haul to fill up my delivery box, then I will collect all later tonight and see if anything changes.

Anyone else experience this issue?

There are two major bugs with the tutorial. You overcame the first one that occurs when you have tasks uncollected when transferring to preview. The second bug that hits occurs if the character you transferred has any skills at level 25. If gathering transfers over at level 70 you cannot collect from the box and the gathering task for the tutorial never completes.

At this time, the only way to get through the professions tutorial on preview is with an existing character copied is with no running professions and no skills at max level 25. I recommend using alchemy in the tutorial, it seems to me to be the best skill for quickly advancing the tutorial if you craft the potions that give you 12 for commissions. I was able to get to level 4 in a 2 days, just playing for a few hours a day. So, anyone determined could get there in a few hours non-stop.
    edited October 2018
    zephyriah said:

There are two major bugs with the tutorial. You overcame the first one that occurs when you have tasks uncollected when transferring to preview. The second bug that hits occurs if the character you transferred has any skills at level 25. If gathering transfers over at level 70 you cannot collect from the box and the gathering task for the tutorial never completes.

At this time, the only way to get through the professions tutorial on preview is with an existing character copied is with no running professions and no skills at max level 25. I recommend using alchemy in the tutorial, it seems to me to be the best skill for quickly advancing the tutorial if you craft the potions that give you 12 for commissions. I was able to get to level 4 in a 2 days, just playing for a few hours a day. So, anyone determined could get there in a few hours non-stop.

Oh good grief.

So I need to transfer a character that doesn't have any skill maxed? I mean, even if I picked some skill that I didn't have maxed to start out I would still have gathering at 25 and that is what is causing the problem? Is this right?

And so I guess I should avoid maxing out levels while testing? I doubt this would be a problem, but I just want to make sure.

I have one character that I can use. Plenty high enough level to run the workship but no skills maxed. I'll just have to use them, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.
    Post edited by mithrosnomore on

zephyriah said:

Oh good grief.

So I need to transfer a character that doesn't have any skill maxed? I mean, even if I picked some skill that I didn't have maxed to start out I would still have gathering at 25 and that is what is causing the problem? Is this right?

And so I guess I should avoid maxing out levels while testing? I doubt this would be a problem, but I just want to make sure.

I have one character that I can use. Plenty high enough level to run the workship but no skills maxed. I'll just have to use them, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.
    Well, there should be a new patch tomorrow. Check the patch notes to see if it is hopefully fixed.

You can max levels while testing, in fact it is required to fully test. You need to get at least one craft to level 70 to advance the tutorial and upgrade the workshop. That's why I suggested Alchemy. It levels pretty fast and earns good commissions to advance the tutorial when not starting witha level 70 craft.

You seem to have a solid grasp on the issues now. You just can't start with a max in any craft because gathering needs to collect some XP to advance the tutorial. If gathering is at 70 when you start, you're stuck.

Once you get to the point where you can remotely collect from the chest and remotely start crafting tasks, it's similar to the old system in some ways. Now, if I could just find out of remote starting of gathering tasks will ever be part of it...

The bug (in theory) appears to be related to the fact that the gathering of the delivery box items does not increase your gathering experience (you are already lvl70, so no increase), so the tutorial never resolves. Since having ANY profession at lvl 25 in live automatically grants gathering at level 70...

Once you have completed the tutorial you can max your levels, but make sure your gathering stays below 69 until then. This bug was not encountered in the first week of testing as everyone was only lvl 25 (the full 70 allotment didn't happen until the following patch update).

The Small Band
    I suspect a lot of us will spend a lot of time in the workshop, can we at least make it an invoke zone like the Stronghold, please and thanks!

The Small Band
    krailov said:

I suspect a lot of us will spend a lot of time in the workshop

I don't know about that, I certainly don't plan on it. Once out of the tutorial, the main reason to return is to change gathering tasks or restart them if you let the chest get full. Or perhaps, to reset morale if needed.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

krailov said:

I suspect a lot of us will spend a lot of time in the workshop

I don't know about that, I certainly don't plan on it. Once out of the tutorial, the main reason to return is to change gathering tasks or restart them if you let the chest get full. Or perhaps, to reset morale if needed.
    Agreed! I'm hoping to very rarely see the inside of the workshop once I get things started.